Hello I am new

chinamom

Hi all,

My friend Jan sent me your way. I am working on a handmade dollhouse, so I don't have a kit name. The base is an old wooden dollhouse that was my oldest daughters when she was little, it passed on to my youngest and then ended up in my dad's barn. Though neither my hubby or I have ever built a dollhouse we have done a lot of work on model trains. I have built quite a few N and HO scale houses, which I have always enjoyed decorating even though you can't see it. I have wanted to build a dollhouse since I was a kid!

We are really excited to get this project going.

Renay

Welcome to the forum, Renay. When you have made five posts you can make an album in the gallery, which we all hope you will do, so we can see the house you're talking about and admire the changes you make to it.

Hi Renay, and welcome to the community! :)

If you look through the gallery and blog photos, you'll see that the inspiration for decoration comes from every direction. Some houses have themes, some have "families" with stories, some have none. Whatever you want to do with your house is the right thing to do ... and you may provide inspiration for someone else.

Renay, How do you decorate your own home? Or how would you like to do your ideal or "dream" home? Dollhouses and miniatures are your keys to creating your own little world and entering in to play in it whenever you wish.

Welcome to the forum!

how exciting to build a house from scratch!

I have only done kits....I do so enjoy them but as I become more knowledgable in such things these weird ideas come srpinging forth....butIm much to chicken to play with those ideas!

I do hope you will share with us your progress!

Happy Building!

nutti :)