New Member and New to Dollhouses

Lindsey

Hi, I am retired and new to building dollhouses. I want to start giving back for all the wonderful things that I have experienced in my life and hope to donate most of my houses to children undergoing chemotheraphy. I hope I won't ask too many stupid questions.

Barbara

I am also retired and semi-new to dollhouses. I helped my husband some 30 years ago when he was building a dollhouse for our daughter. Now I want to try it on my own. I bought an Orchid kit and am a bit anxious about starting it. I will probably ask a lot of questions. Janet :thumb:

Welcome, Janet & Barbara, there are NO stupid questions. When I build houses for children to play with (supervised until they learn the structural limits and appreciate the houses as playthings) I reinforce the insides of the corners with 1/4" square stock. No matter who they're for (incuding me) I use a heavy-duty stapler to reinforce the corners & roof attachment along glue lines.

Hi Barbara, and welcome to the forum! :thumb: What a wonderful plan you have for the dollhouses you'll build. There's all sorts of helpful information here - and many friendly people ready to lend an ear or offer tips, too.

Welcome!

so glad you found us!

do you know which house will be your first? do please ask any and all questions...could be someone else besides yourself is wondering the same thing!

Happy Building!

nutti :wub:

Hi, I am retired and new to building dollhouses. I want to start giving back for all the wonderful things that I have experienced in my life and hope to donate most of my houses to children undergoing chemotheraphy.

Barbara

How absolutely wonderful!!

Welcome.

Welcome and ask away. I have been doing this for a while and learn new things here all the time. Check the gallery to see many houses being worked on and what they look like completed.

Mt building steps one to four are: opening the box, removing the instructions and reading them over a few times. Then decide how you want the house to look finished and start gathering up the things you will need.