Hi there! I just joined

Melanie B

Hello,

I just received the Pierce dollhouse for Christmas. I'm new to miniatures and have so much to learn, although I did help a friend make a miniature french bakery. I guess my idea for the dollhouse may be a little odd, I'm planning on making a spooky haunted house. My inspiration is the Haunted Mansion at Disney World. I don't want it to be gory at all. I also bought an old miniature magazine at a show that had some spooky items, like a portait painting where the eyes moved. I thought that was super. It seems hard to find spooky items and I'll probably have to make quite a bit.

I look forward to any suggestions you may have.

Thank you,

Melanie

Hi and :wave:! There are several haunted houses around on the forum. You may be able to get ideas from them. I would also check and see if you can get some of the October issues of any of the dollhouse magazines from your library or such. The Pierce is a wonderful house. It was my first dollhouse as a child. My mother and I built it when I was in middle school. Enjoy it!!

:wave:

Welcome to our "little" forum family, Melanie. I believe Glenna/Blueuni is also from WPB, and I grew up there (& left 46+ years ago...). There are quite a few Floridians on the forum. Check out the gallery nd the members' blogs for pictures of the Pierce and its building process. Here's one to get you started. I like the idea of a picture with moving eyes. Rent you some old Marx Brothers & Abbott & Costello movies, Bowery Boys/ Dead End Kids, that had haunted mansions in them to get all sorts of ideas. The Pierce has a hidden tower room, you could make a pivoting bookcase or secret panel to a spiral stair leading up to it. You have all sorts of possibilities with this kit as is, and then ifyou start bashing it, look out! your imagination's your limit.

Hello Melanie and :wave:

The Pierce would make a "spooktacular" haunted house! Mine, in it's current condition, kinda looks like one already ... unfortunately, not what I'm going for. :wave: Sounds like you have some great ideas and will have LOADS of fun with your project! Good luck!

Hi Melanie,

I'm new in the Forum, I live on the East Coast of Florida (Palm Coast), and got a Pierce for Christmas. Does any of this sound familiar? :-)

This dollhouse is going to be a Victorian, but I'd love to do a spooky house too. I'll watch what you do so my next project can be a spooky one!

Lots of luck with your house!