What's everyone working on?

THmini2

The porch is on the iso FF! Next is to prime the rso FF's foundation and then paint them and make templates of the roof sections and shingle them. Then I think I will do baseboards and the builds will be done, and I can work on the last few furniture pieces, accessories and the people.

I'm still working on the tower window exteriors. Most of the fabrication and assembly is done, so I hope to start painting this afternoon. After those are finished I'm going to re-paint the wine cellar and work on framing until I run out of lumber. Hopefully I'll have the last 4,000 bricks needed to complete the chimneys and exterior walls soon.

I'm still working on the tower window exteriors. Most of the fabrication and assembly is done, so I hope to start painting this afternoon. After those are finished I'm going to re-paint the wine cellar and work on framing until I run out of lumber. Hopefully I'll have the last 4,000 bricks needed to complete the chimneys and exterior walls soon.

you do fantastic work!

Love the LOTR houses/rooms/scenes people are working on. :)

I often have to remind myself to stretch and eat. "Why am I so tired and stiff?" Oh, yeah...because I've been sitting in the same position for three hours and haven't eaten since last night!!! :)

Been working on the conservatory some more - I guess that's what happens when you dry build; the first floor has been abandoned for the time being even though it still needs work. Cut the window and door holes in the 3/8" plywood by hand...oy! And stitched a wall tapestry for the room.

post-4679-1268002056_thumb.jpg post-4679-1268002074_thumb.jpg

Thanks Margarita!

I just spent two hours scrubbing white latex paint out of the carpet. For some unknown reason the apartment complex laid carpeting in the dining room. I accidentally bumped the 1 qt. can of satin white I was using on the tower windows, knocking it over onto the floor. :) Its mostly gone, but there are several spots that are slightly lighter than the rest of the floor. Its too cold for paint to dry outside and I don't want to attempt to paint everything in the kitchen, but I don't want to clean up a mess like that again.

In my last house my workspace was a room in the basement with carpet...I spilt a can of oil based stain! cleaned it up as best I could then put a bed over it when it was time to sell the house. Today I am trying to organize my current work space, formally known as the dining room.

Today I am trying to organize my current work space, formally known as the dining room.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one relegated to the dining room for space. Just got my additional craft carts last week, and at least now I'm better organized. All the tools and supplies are in the carts and I have the whole table to build on. Good thing too, cause it looks like this farmhouse is going to be huge. Started putting together the chimney on the house today, and I decided that I'm going to use part of the attic space as a media room, so I spent the early part of the evening printing mini movie posters on photo paper. They came out really well, so now all I need to do is find or make some frames.

Finally getting the Painted Lady gables decorated. since I already had the trim on, I've been cutting templates all morning, but nearly done. Just need to paint and attach now. Got the tower wallpapered, that was a dude. I won't put the roof on or the windows in until the trim is all done in there. Very tight quarters and having to work through the windows.

Well the wood strips arrived on Saturday and they have been stained and cut to size with the top floor installed and the bottom floor will be installed some time today. Had to redo part of the spackle and now must do some re-cleaning before I can lay the flooring.

Well, got two small deliveries today, more clay arrived and some bulbs and shrink wrap for my wiring. Used the morning to make some picture frames for the posters I printed out yesterday. Will probably continue working on sanding the finish off of a chest I got Saturday. I plan on painting it black along with a table. I cut the legs down on the table yesterday and made it into a coffee table. Going to use both of those in my attic media room. Spent the last hour counting down the minutes on an item up for bid on eBay, and I won! Picked up a great little sofa (I just had to have it) up to this point my living room only had desks, tables, and one wing back chair to furnish it. I've been looking forever for just the right sofa and came across this one 2 days ago, it's exactly what I was looking for.

I'll spend the rest of the evening finishing up the sanding on the chest and coffee table, and put a glaze on the picture frames, and then I think I'll spend a little time working with the clay.

Took the Fairfield apart. That's the worst part about dry-fit, is having something that looks like a house, then having to take it all apart again. Stained the floors. Finally, a little (very little) progress on this house. Hope I get back motivated on it soon!

Jeremy - your work is spectacular! Keep it coming! :)

Judith - that is a great sofa!

I made a scratch built coffee table for my modern living room from an acrylic oval, a carved wood bead, various Woodsies shapes and peel & stick lead lines (used for simulated stained glass). Working on my next needlepoint project, too.

post-4679-1268109327_thumb.jpg

Not much time to mini today, but I did spend some time gazing fondly at the wooden floors in the quilt shop. :)

I installed the stair treads and ballusters for the bottom half of the stairs, then discovered the handrail was a bit short. While measuring to cut a new one, decided it needs to go all the way to the top of the stairs. A long piece of handrail is now stained.

Jeremy - your work is spectacular! Keep it coming! :)

Judith - that is a great sofa!

I made a scratch built coffee table for my modern living room from an acrylic oval, a carved wood bead, various Woodsies shapes and peel & stick lead lines (used for simulated stained glass). Working on my next needlepoint project, too.

post-4679-1268109327_thumb.jpg

I swear Otterine, you are so imaginative. I never think of stuff like this. I'm really struggling to like this coffee table of mine. The top is the perfect size, but I hate the legs. They're just four square legs and I want something with a more modern, sleek look to them. Perhaps, curving out from under the center, and I'm wracking my brain to think of what I might have on hand that I can use, and I'm coming up blank. I even searched through my scrap mdf, I thought maybe I could use one of the "punch outs" as a template to make legs, but the mdf is just too crumbly to hold up. Any suggestions? Also, I put the kibosh on the clay frames, after baking them the first time I had to use more clay to "build them up" to a proper depth, and I didn't lke the way they came out so I searched for a site and found one that sold just what I wanted, simple, sleek, black frames and I bought them. I'm going to have to find a way to use more of the things I have around the house, otherwise I'm going to go broke. I keep telling myself, "No more shopping for your deary", but it's not working.

Finally have all the trim on the front of the house and the gable decoration painted and waiting to be applied. I'm working on a bookcase for the living room now. I can't wait for spring break so I can make some real progress on this.

Except for adding quarter round to the baseboards (I haven't ordered it yet), the quilt shop rehab it finished. I hung the dreaded wallpaper in the kitchen this evening. :wave:

Kathie,

I love your Creole cottage. It's truely authentic, right down to the missing plaster on the outside wall. That was an inspired touch. Your dolls are beautiful, do you make your own? I was looking for pictures of the quilt shop, but I didn't see anything that was labeled that way. Which house is it?

Amazing table Brae!

I finally built & installed the final piece of wainscot for the wine cellar and re-painted the walls that needed touch up. I'll install the last 10 cellar rafters and mortar in the gaps. That should be the last detail for the basement.

Kathie,

I love your Creole cottage. It's truely authentic, right down to the missing plaster on the outside wall. That was an inspired touch. Your dolls are beautiful, do you make your own? I was looking for pictures of the quilt shop, but I didn't see anything that was labeled that way. Which house is it?

Thank you, Judith.

The beautiful dolls were made by Gina (Wolfie), a member of this forum. Her website is Lone Wolf Mini Creations.

I'm making the quilt shop out of a house built by my father 60 years ago or so. There are "before" photos in my GL gallery under Dad's Dollhouse. To see the rehab photos, you need to go to my Blogspot blog.

Finished laying the lower floor on the quarter scale English cottage yesterday. I did the upper floor earlier this week and it will be installed after some other painting and prep work is completed. Started on the wall paper for the lower level.

:wave: Well I'm a little bit bummed today. I got 5 deliveries, that was a good thing, but the little sofa I bought is not the right color. Now I know my eyes are getting old, but that photo depicts a pink and grey striped sofa....or is it me? The sofa they sent is seafoam green and grey and he swears it's the only one he had. Fortunately for him, when I set it up to take a picture to post I see where he went wrong. Too much light and the sofa will photograph pink.

Anywhodie, big bummer. I still like it, but it just throws my whole color plan off. Now I have to find another sofa. But aside from that the other 4 deliveries went well. I got all my lights, my glue, the rest of my paint, and the little desk that was missing from one of my purchases came as well.

I put myself to work adding the brick on the farmhouse base and the chimney and it's drying now. Think I'll get a little dinner and then paint a little chest that I got last week.

Lucky you Judith to get your deliveries. Still waiting on my orders for wallpaper and components for my Rye, RGT Tudor, and the Loganberry.

Was home sick today, but was fed up staying in bed so I hobbled to my work area and worked on a few items for a bit.

Started on the Loganberry: installed the hardwood floors and vinyl tiles (bought the vinyl tiles Greenleaf sells). I filled the gaps in between the tiles with some acrylic sand paint and wiped off the excess so it looks like there's grout and the flecks of glitter from the sand makes the vinyl look more like stone. Hopefully will post pics of its progress soon. Hoping once the glue for the hardwood floors is dry (weighing the planks down with books so they'll stay flat), I can sand them a bit then apply some beeswax varnish.

While the glue was drying, just applied some sealer on the RGT Tudor kit parts and sanded them. Then did a dry fit of the main walls. Then hobbled to my computer and started playing around in Photoshop for color combination/designs for the Tudor.

<sigh> Really eager to see the delivery guy soon. I'd love to finish the Rye and Loganberry soon. :wave:

Took the Fairfield apart. That's the worst part about dry-fit, is having something that looks like a house, then having to take it all apart again. Stained the floors. Finally, a little (very little) progress on this house. Hope I get back motivated on it soon!

Blue,

When you dry fit do you do it from start to finish? Or do you do it in stages like first floor - glue it, then dry second and then glue it etc.?