Keeping busy

I'm making a chicken feeder and waterer.....it want finished by Mother's Day but I will give it to mom anyway and keep working on it....going to make a swing and hopefully I will get started on a tree like Peggi made....

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working on the mermaid house some more. Taking a break from Hansel and Gretel.

This is sooooo darling! Loving it, hmmm.... more ideas to tumble around "upstairs" LOL

These are my shelves half filled with kitty and doggie food boxes (and as I have a thing for not wanting "empties" all the boxes have filling, ground up corks....)

Of to try finding a suitable sized dowel to make my cans out of... :ohyeah:

Hugs

I made this little nightstand last night using match sticks and set up the bedroom where it will stay in the Gloucester.

Slap me silly :ohyeah: , I am intruiged, match sticks????

Hugs

Ps I love the way it looks!

I've set the house aside and just doing some fun stuff outside relaxing in the beautiful weather we've been having FINALLY.

I'm waiting patiently for some supplies to be delivered so I can do some wicker for myself because I want a different colour. I have absolutely no idea what I will do with these but they were fun to do and that's what counts.

And they are beautiful, too! I especially love the bassinet!

Jeri

I made this little nightstand last night using match sticks and set up the bedroom where it will stay in the Gloucester.

I can't imagine that came from MATCHSTICKS? You're playing with my head! LOL!

I love the delicate wallpaper in the room. And I really like that fact that your night stand has a book shelf. It's so true to my life! DH loves to read in bed, so that's the only type of night stand he will have. (I read a lot, too, but not in bed)

Jeri

These are my shelves half filled with kitty and doggie food boxes (and as I have a thing for not wanting "empties" all the boxes have filling, ground up corks....)

Of to try finding a suitable sized dowel to make my cans out of... :ohyeah:

Hugs

LOL, no empties? Now that's attention to detail!

Anna and Jeri, I'm not fooling with either of you. Really! You can make alot of different items using match sticks. Just cut off the sulphur ends and glue them together. A few years back I made a garden bench with them. I didn't do any finishing work, I wanted it to look rustic but the nightstand I painted white.

Anna and Jeri, I'm not fooling with either of you. Really! You can make alot of different items using match sticks. Just cut off the sulphur ends and glue them together. A few years back I made this garden bench with them. I didn't do any finishing work, I wanted it to look rustic but the nightstand I painted white.

Don't you have a tut somewhere for this garden bench. I actually remember seeing it before and it is beautiful. Love the night stand also.

I spent a good bit of the day playing with the houseboat. Have decided on marble walls in the ballroom. I hope the pontoons are sturdy ... lol I made the marble from tissue paper & paint. Am now working on hiding wires from light fixtures. Am going to try Tracy's method of running the wires down to a tape strip under the houseboat. And messing with doors that are thicker than the walls. Am adding a posterboard thickness of wall to compensate. This also give me a place to hide the wires -- between the layers, at least on the bottom deck. Am trying to wallpaper as I go, so this is going to be tricky. It's a fun puzzle to sort out.

No photos today. We're off to a graduation party now. :ohyeah:

Hello All I am new to the community and this keeping busy. I have completed 8 doll houses and I am about to start on my Magnolia. I have a pic of a living room I recently did in a very large doll house that get this I got at a yard sale, hand made cost $50.00 and now ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so beautiful...any comments? I am new better camera shots coming if you want to see them.post-2070-1179006970_thumb.jpg

post-2070-1179007103_thumb.jpg

howdy, Lu, you've done some very nice work!

c'mon over to New Member Introductions and say hello to everybody.

i'm looking forward to hearing more about you and your projects.

welcome!

:ohyeah:

Welcome, Lu.

am about to start on my Magnolia.
You might swing on over the the Blogs and notice that the Building Team is now working on the Magnolia. I was asked to build the bare, unbashed kit and blog it, so I have started an album of how I've dressed and bashed it here.

I posted a few pics of what has kept me busy the last few days. The first is a lifesize photo album cover upgrade in THIS album.

I made this drum from a plastic sewing machine bobbin. I glues a strip of leather around it then stitched 2 leather circles over the top and bottom. It can be seen HERE

Melissa

I won't be doing minis for a couple of day....my son is home.....but hopefully by wed....I will be back at it......I've got things ready to do....just haven't got them completed yet.....

I really enjoy this thread...it is so interesting to have a sense of what everyone is doing just on a day by day basis. Please keep it up.

I am bashing some Bespaq Louis XV/XVI type chairs - dont like the fabric. It is easy to unupholster using the low heat on a hairdryer. Am using the kid leather from a pair of white evening gloves (elbow length) I got at a yard sale for 25 cents. Took the gloves apart carefully with a seam ripper. The two gloves will easily cover both chairs. I'll post a before and after when I get one finished. I can see it now...every yard sale a potential for kid gloves to cut up (as well as a couple of pairs I have to wear)!

Made another wood floor, this time using marquettry (first attempt). It came out sortof okay but I have a long way to go to get the technique, especially to do something elaborate, as is my ambition.

I am filled with guilt and shame (ha ha) - went a little nuts on ebay but the items were good deals (yeah - can I sell you the Brooklyn Bridge?) and, bought a little lot of chandeliers on a live ebay auction (they are wonderful I hope and I think I can electrify them - bought several GOW wires last week to try my hand at lighting, since it is so expensive. Champagne tastes and a beer income, as my mother says).

Have fun. Hearing about what you all are doing is one of the highlights of my late evenings. Best regards, Alyce

Hearing about what you all are doing is one of the highlights of my late evenings.
Entertainment as well as information and support! This group really meets one anothers' needs.

I finished the Corona Concepts kitchen kit and everything except the wall cupboard fits! I'm still cussin' & fussin' my way through the woven ribbon quilt-top. In theory it ought to work a charm, but the reality is that satin ribbon slips & crawls around. It's a little like trying to work with worms, without the dirt & wet.

Then back to 1:1 petit-point birth sampler for DGD#2, which is over half done.