Keeping busy

It depends. Around here the wisteria have been at it for a while, so they are drooling over the other trees with lots of limbs full of little purple flowers. I have see newly established vines with not nearly as many flowers as yours, so I'd say you're off to a good start!

Great! So mine must be a tweener! LOL...have a great day everyone.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I solved my issue with the Bike shops bathroom...kind of

Im using the Chrysonbon bathroom set. the tolit is perfect the sink..not so much but it is a small part of the project so Im moving on...my issue now is after gluning myself to each item and all the pain of getting the fingers unstuck from each other the tank is to tall for the box the shop is in!

anyone have any sucess in cutting the pipe and regluing it shorter?

so that is my next challenge.

I was able to use every peice of the bathoom set but for the tub. :thumb:

nutti :(

I am kind of burned out after the Victorian Cottage, but I have an Allison kit that I want to do next for my son. He really wants a dollhouse of his own and is not happy with the one-room log cabin.

However, at the moment, I am focusing my energies on decluttering my house and trying to finish the first draft of my new novel! I'm very excited about it, I just wish I could ignore the rest of the world until it's done. My goal is to finish the first draft by June 30th. I am about 25,000 words into it which is roughly one-third to one-quarter of the way. I've created a blog at blogspot: christinescottage.blogspot.com. Of course it has links back to my Greenleaf galleries!

img-resized.png Reduced 89%blog-8-1147230655_thumb.jpg 1818 x 1228 (261.16k)//img-resized.png Reduced 89%blog-8-1147230807_thumb.jpg

the tank is to tall for the box the shop is in!

anyone have any sucess in cutting the pipe and regluing it shorter?

I had that problem when I bashed the Coventry Cottage.
every peice of the bathoom set but for the tub.
Unless you want to set it outside the shop and fill it with miscellaneous "stuff", old salvaged auto/ bike parts, etc... It's a lot of fun to age & grime that bathroom set, too; I did it for the pub.

I've been working on the houseboat. Have processed the pictures from the KC Mini show, but our modem went kaput, so can't upload them yet. Am checking email at the library now.

More when I'm able to communicate easily again. :D

I've been making & gluing stones on my Harrison all week. The floors are almost finished. I still need to make my stained glass windows and finish building my canopy bed.

Also picked up the rest of my supplies for my Witch Cottage that I will be making out of the Orchid kit. My gargoyle sconces arrived from ebay today.

I have also been making furniture & things for my mermaid house (Buttercup). I glued 2 large shells together like an open clam for the bed....bedding still in progress. I've made several hanging "seaweed" out of polymer clay for window treatments & room decor. I am making mosaic walls out of blue-green & blue glass & the floor will be sand with a resin poured over it.

several hanging "seaweed" out of polymer clay
I'd like to see that. I wondered how gluing spanish moss to plastic cling wrap and spnging on Gallery Glass in blues & greens would work for nori.

I added a few minis to my dachshund roombox. You can check the pics in my gallery.

Mostly I have been knitting. See the little squares? I have done 12 of these things so far. They will be a bedspread some day. The pattern calls for 60, but I will likely need more than that, because the blocks I have done most recently are smaller than my first blocks. I may keep the larger blocks to make pillows.

post-306-1178762127_thumb.jpg

post-306-1178762142_thumb.jpg

This week I have spent countless hours on my georgian staircase. I bought long pieces of dh preformed tread/riser staircase wood and designed the staircase myself (cut and glued the pieces as I wanted them). This is a nice way to change the ones that came with the Van Buren and often the staircases with kits are a little short on style. But it is the banister that have taken the time. I am making the banister of clay covered with wood filler so I can shape it. It is the sanding and finishing details that take sooooo much time (400 grit sandpaper is slow going). But it is coming out pretty well, next time I will have the advantage of the learning curve, since I already wish I had done it "this way or that way". The spindles are 6 inch toothpick like things, I think used for bbq'ing little bits. (Of course I cut them to the right size). Hope you all have a good weekend coming up. Best regards, Alyce

I have cut out my windows for my beacon hill.

I forgot...are you cutting out windows from scratch? I did this for my current dh because I cut new exterior walls to add height to the ceilings. I tried every tool I have and what a mess...the dremel cutting wheel was too flimsy, the dremel cutting tool made a mess (I couldnt control it), my jigsaw was too big and rattled the whole dh. I finally tried a keyhole saw and it was okay with the wood grain but not good against the grain. Any ideas...what do you all do????

Jeri, I love that pattern! I've made 1:1 afghans with it, never thought about trying it in mini. What are you using for the yarn & what size needles? SO COOL!

Hi Holly,

It's a Buttercup Miniatures pattern. It's done on either size 20 or 21 needles, can't recall which right now. It uses 2 balls of DMC 100 thread. Directions are given for a double bed, with alternate directions for single. I began thinking I would make a double bedspread, but down sized after weeks of knitting and only getting 12 done. The double calls for 80, and single 60. in addition, I will need to knit a border. At this rate it won't get done until fall!

Jeri

It's going to be beautiful though, Jeri. I can't wait to see it finished.

I spent most of the morning putting lights in 4 of the rooms in the Gloucester. I've already added the pics in my Gallery. This afternoon I have to do some work on the attic ceiling and install some lights in there.

WOWzers Melissa

your house is moving right along!

and how cleaver of you to take advantage of the room under the stairs to make such a wonderful feature in you house!

it is awesome! I eagerly await your next photos!

WOW!

truely wonderful!

nutti :wub:

Hi Holly,

It's a Buttercup Miniatures pattern. It's done on either size 20 or 21 needles, can't recall which right now. It uses 2 balls of DMC 100 thread. Directions are given for a double bed, with alternate directions for single. I began thinking I would make a double bedspread, but down sized after weeks of knitting and only getting 12 done. The double calls for 80, and single 60. in addition, I will need to knit a border. At this rate it won't get done until fall!

Jeri

THANK YOU! I sort of remember crocheting 3 or 4 rows of shellstitch edging around the afghans when they were done. While we were out running errands today one of our stops is a local "resale" shop the owner opened to sell the really neat STUFF she finds in local folks' barns & outbuildings & storerooms, stores' leftover unsold merchandise, etc, and I got two cones of serger thread that looks perfect for mini yarn.

Melissa, your stairway bash looks SO elegant! Did you make your wee kachina? It turned out so well! Your porch rail solution was, as usual, brilliant!

Well as for waht is keeping me busy latley, mostly work but as I gave myself a New Year's resolution of allowing some mini-ing time each and every day I have done a little something with the minis most of the days.. After the show I have been cutting, pre-folding, folding and gluing together lots and lots of pet food boxes to stock up the shelves in the pet shop. Have most of the dog food boxes together now and will have to dig around in my FIL's metal rod stash to see if I cant use some of it as the canned food as well...

Hugs

my FIL's metal rod stash to see if I cant use some of it as the canned food as well.
I've been cutting down 1/4" round dowels and spray painting them silvery and gluing the food labels on them to make canned food.

I've been cutting down 1/4" round dowels and spray painting them silvery and gluing the food labels on them to make canned food.

Aha, now this I might find in my own stash as well!!!! Thanks Holly!

Hugs

I've set the house aside and just doing some fun stuff outside relaxing in the beautiful weather we've been having FINALLY.

I'm waiting patiently for some supplies to be delivered so I can do some wicker for myself because I want a different colour. I have absolutely no idea what I will do with these but they were fun to do and that's what counts.