Keeping busy

:groucho: I have to start packing up my minis this week. Getting the last of everything packed and ready to go. I have decided to unpack most everything when we get to the rental house. I won't have room to set up all my houses, but I will do a few. I was trying to decide if I wanted to unpack or not and I am just tired of what ever I need being packed. We will be in the rental house untill this house sells and I have no idea how long that will be. I will save the boxes though.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed the Pierce and delivered it and will start on an Orchid kit for another customer of mine. I am gonna do a shaw at the Wee Cee miniature show this fall so I will have to start making things for me to sell there.

:groucho:

The Wee Cee show is a Huge club miniature show that is done every year in the midwest. I have not been to it yet but my friend Chris has and so after much fussing (She has been trying to get me more involved with these things and I feel sorry for her cause she has met so much resistance) We have decided to attend and share a table at that show this fall. She also wants me to do a class and I have to figure something out that is small and fast by the end of this week because we will need to start advertising it.

So things have been pretty busy around here for the past couple of weeks. :groucho:

The Wee Cee show is a Huge club miniature show that is done every year in the midwest.

and just where in the midwest is this show?

sounds like alot of fun! I look forward to seeing what kind of a class you decide to do!

nutti :groucho:

and just where in the midwest is this show?

sounds like alot of fun! I look forward to seeing what kind of a class you decide to do!

nutti :)

Oh, me too!!!

As for keeping buys, well I am trying to find printables for the pet food cans, I think I have seen some somwehre but can I re-find that site??? Nope!

Hugs

Tonight I tape assembled the basement kit I bought so I can have a kitchen and misc/furnace/suppply room for my Georgian to sit on. The kit is beautifully done, one of those English ones. However, as always, I will have to make some adjustments to get it all to hang together. I also mocked up the third floor using the Van Buren parts unmodified and it doesnt look quite right. So I will have to make the top floor from scratch. SO, out of the whole Van B kit I bought (and it wasnt cheap) I have only used the 3 floor pieces. All the rest is in the box. I guess someday I will make the Van B proper and just cut new floors. This has taught me that I probably can bypass kits altogether for some dhs if I have a decent picture of what I want to make or just buy plans (like for the art deco I am going to do - plans were something like $6). Earth and Tree (Tom's) sells plans (and shells) also. Also, the intriguing room box alternative.

What are you all working on?

I've been keeping busy working on the outside of my harrison. All the painting is finished, but I had to remake the dormers on the 3rd floor, so I'm waiting for those to dry to put them back on. Next will either be the roof or the trim I haven't figured out which yet. I'm very pleased with it so far, what you all think?

What are you all doing? I enjoy so much hearing about the day to day things.

I had to do a lot of adjustments to the English Dollhouse Basement but I think it will work out fine. Since it is to be the kitchen, I fussed with my furniture and accessories inventory (that is, all of the stuff I buy on ebay) to see what I might use. Cut the bottom off a sink base since it was too high (love my table saw!) and made some adjustments to a houseworks wide bookcase so i can inset the AGA resin stove I have. I think it will look nice. After agonizing over a refrigerator (the GE top monitor) and feeling a bit queazy about how much they are, I decided to make a refrig from a little armoir I got at a yard sale. I'll do that later. So, having a good idea of how the kitchen could work, I'll move on to the third floor construction.

My mother just entered a nursing home in my town in NJ from New York (she is quite ill and cant take care of herself anymore) , so I am busy making the arrangements for all of her stuff, new doctors, finances, etc. But, still have late night time for my dh. Regards, Alyce

Now that we're back from a physically active week I've spent much of the day playing "catch-up" on the forum whilst making the kitchen roller shades (DH is out somewhere helping the rest of the FL Trail Assiciation members make trailheads). Next I want to try Cat's Roman blinds tutorial. The kitchen shades are similar to what I made for the Coventry Cottage kitchen's windows. I'll take a picture when they're all in place.

I'm at the point of stitching the vertical rows to quilt the double bed quilt. I hope to find some cake wires (anyone have a rea$onable source?) so I can start on the last of the furniture for "Maggie".

well I finished one of my projects finally! :yay:

the Fairfield look alike in Micro

it started out yellow but it really didnt like it.

soooo now its blue.

not sure about the red doors but thats what is is!

one project down...100's more to go! :thumb:

post-9-1180415429_thumb.jpgpost-9-1180415446_thumb.jpg

nutti :wave:

Oh, Nutti! Are you going to try furniture for your itty bitty Fairfield? (ducking, running & hiding behind a barricade). Cat's tutorial makes terrific Roman blinds, mine are now hung. I'm going to take a break today and sculpt a bit.

I've been busy working on my storybook cottage which is a quilt shop. Pics are in my gallery. I just have a little bit more and the building will be done. Then I can focus on the interior. I think I'm going to make most of my furniture--unless I see some good stuff at the show Sunday.

Oh, Nutti! Are you going to try furniture for your itty bitty Fairfield?

ohhh my! I always knew ye was a lil teched!

I have some micro metal furniture but it seemed to small

so it wont have furnishings either.

I am NOT a glutton for punishment!

nutti :thumb:

I have been cleaning and organizing my laundry room so that it can be a craft room as well for the last 3 days.

As I am finding things I had packed away, there is a lot I can not find. It is so sad to misplace things you are looking for and find other things but not what you were looking for.

Melissa

My work schedule has been pretty wonky lately so I haven't been working on anything, but after Thursday night, I've got 5 days off, so I plan to move my stuff out of the den and upstairs to the newly identified "dollhouse room" :thumb: and then hopefully I'll be able to get my tookus in gear. I'm loving all the eye candy of what everyone's been working on though, and it's keeping me from getting discouraged!

Starting next week (Thursday) I'm off work for 5/6 weeks. Then we're on summer schedule till the end of August so I'll only go in occasionally during that period. Finally, I'll be able to get to work on my White Orchid. I've painted all of the window/door/gingerbread trim. All of my electrical/flooring/wallpaper has arrived. I've watched a dvd on electrical wiring, so I'll better be able to help Ray this time.

It's always exciting to hear everybody's plans. Don't you just wish that sometimes real life would just go away for a while?

I've also ordered the Washington and Primrose. I've never bashed a dollhouse before, but I'm hoping (with Ray's help) that I can add the primrose onto the side (where there's no porch) so I can have a little more room.

-Susanne

That is beautiful. If you dont mind a newbie asking, how did you do that?

Hi Jewels! The wisteria is made by twisting thin beading wire into petals then coating them with glue and painting them....That was the very first Wisteria I created here is the latest picture of a vine in a pot which I feel is much better than the first....

I am interested in seeing all the projects everyone has going on.I have been hearing about some of them in chat. I thought I would start with mine. You can see the progress so far on my Magnolia house HERE

I am having a lot of fun with it.

so far have invested $13 in the project for 1 bottle of craft paint and some faux iron fencing that I am waiting to recieve. I am mainly using stuff I have around the house to paint and decorate with.

so what have YOU been working on???? Curios minds want to know.

Darrell and Melissa

Your magnolia is looking fabulous. I am always impressed when people do so much with what they have around their house!

Hi Jewels! The wisteria is made by twisting thin beading wire into petals then coating them with glue and painting them....That was the very first Wisteria I created here is the latest picture of a vine in a pot which I feel is much better than the first....

That is so cool. I would have never guessed it could be so simple. You did an absolutly amazing job. Thanks for sharing your knowlege and tallents.

I've also ordered the Washington and Primrose. I've never bashed a dollhouse before, but I'm hoping (with Ray's help) that I can add the primrose onto the side (where there's no porch) so I can have a little more room.

well I look forward to seeing that!

I bet it turns out wonderfully!

nutti :groucho: