Keeping busy

Well with all this surgery stuff I have been in a mini slump

but my friend Ruby has gotten tired of hearing me whine about all my unfinished projects that she has been coming over and making me get some of my stuff done along with her house.

which has now gone from D&E vacation home to an unknown wizards house.

she likes Dragons and has a really nice one to display along with this house. even with taping the walls we managed to get paint on them so we will have to do some touchups downstairs

post-9-1188980292_thumb.jpg

that is not all we did....

We also started her furniture sets...we have the bed put together the bed chest and 2 nightstands.

she made me get down my HH and helped me clean it. and than we made some GIDFimo mushrooms and heads for a couple more spider houses

post-9-1188980571_thumb.jpg

and to top it off she helped me twist wire and did the first stage of the glue flowers so we made several....I am going to take liberty with the colors and do some Haunted Iris's

post-9-1188980502_thumb.jpg

see the black one....it is one of a kind....thinking on doing purple edged with black or black edged with red or both.

so another very productive evening! I am going to make some more of the "spider/bird" house out of reg fimo colors...do you think anyone would buy something weird like that?

its just some thoughts running through my mind.

Happy creating

nutti :joystick:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutti, the spider house is a very cool idea. Will you put any webbing, or spiders on them? Just so it's obviously a home for spideys. I think they might sell even better, that way. (Only suggesting because you asked.)

Hi all ... I'm back from a quick trip to Dallas with NJ. We left on Sunday, got home tonight. On the way we stopped to see Nutti. If you think the irises look good in the photos, you should see them in real life! Superb! While in Dallas, we visited with NJ's relatives, including a failing aunt, who was the point of the trip, but we managed to get to Through the Keyhole, my favorites doll house shop, as well. Got a few things for the houseboat and a great deal on some items that were offered on yard sale terms. The trip down was a breeze, today's return much slower with the rain.

Tomorrow Lloyd and I are leaving for New Orleans to attend a funeral on Saturday. We'll probably turn around and start back on Sunday. It's a 2-day drive, and we'll have rain all day tomorrow. Send some good traveling vibes our way if you will, please!

Will you put any webbing, or spiders on them? Just so it's obviously a home for spideys.

oh yes! I made the bird houses for a swap and made the GID ones to live in my spooky tree and glued spiders to each one and cob webs over the whole thing so yes I am going to add the spider and some webbing....would these do better as bird houses?

went to get more GID fimo and found none. :p:D

so now I just have a smallish amount...so will have to switch to making bird houses.

either way I think they are kinda spooky.

wb Kathy! glad you had safe travels

have a safe and uneventful trip to NO

nutti :lol:

While we were on St George Island I stitched on DIL's picture, but now Im home I got back to Pearl's livingroom furniture. I had done the upholstery before we left and finished gluing up the kits. I have now sanded, primed and sanded it all and painted it with gesso and now I'm painting it all gloss white and then get out the fine pointed gold marker to do the decorations and apply the upholstery. I think I'll just prime the picture frames with a coat of colored paint and spray a metallic colored paint over that.

Next will be the bedroom furniture.