HB 50% Sale is On!

beachpeach

I ordered a light kit for my Beacon Hill! It's coming along. There were times when I thought I wasn't anywhere even CLOSE to lighting!! But now I am really coming along in building it. My perfectionism has somewhat impeded my progress at times. But hey--at least my house looks fabulous up to this point, even in it's "unfinished" stage!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to get my hands on the shops,however they're out of stock so it'll be sometime. Right now I'm cleaning things up. I put my Beacon Hill on hold, but I'll be starting it back up again because I feel it in my bones. I just want to clear some things on my workstation so I can build another kit while I paint the BH.

Very exciting that a LOT of people are getting the BH!!!! Such a fun house. I just wish I didn't choose it as my first.

Well, I was going to order the church, but came home from the Chicago show having spent my money and then some. I'll have to wait until the next 50% off sale next year. I'm not disappointed though, I got away with so much! Brian was, uh hummmmm, very understanding! :D

Oh boy 4 of us! I cant wait for it to come. I just did regular shipping on mine. Does anyone know how long a dollhouse takes to come doing regular shipping?

Bec

The Greenleaf stuff from HBS arrives a LOT faster than RGT. I think less than 2 weeks for Greenleaf, the Montclair I got last year was something like 3 months. I think Dean anticipates the high demand of this sale better than the folks at RGT and has better stock. According to HBS RGT were overwhelmed because they sold 13 Montclair master kits last year. Though I will say it's a gorgeous kit. I'm glad I got it last year since RGT seem to be replacing all their plywood kits with MDF. I've noticed a LOT of their houses are now MDF that used to be ply.

:giggle::harhar1: I GOT THE CONSERVATORY :w00t: :groupwave:

I'm guessing this is the Houseworks Conservatory, if so you won't be disappointed. Marg got me one the Christmas before last to house my Time Machine model. It's up to Houseworks usual standards, meaning it's great.

I know, I Know :giggle: I think the sale is extended to april 2nd (Hopefully, THAT ain't the april fools joke) :harhar1:

The 'official sale' seems to be on a weekday, so people ordering by mail from the catalog can mail it out, last year when April 1st was a Saturday the sale was officially on the 3rd, but we could prebuy from the Saturday.

I ordered the new black and white kitchen. I think I will use it in the Diana, but I have to see how it fits once I put it together. Hmmm...more ideas are floating up there.

Me too! I just love the cabinets in this kitchen set! 'Course, I have no idea what house it will eventually go in - but that was irrelevant when I was purchasing it (dh was rolling his eyes over that one).

I already have 9 kits waiting to be put together - one "in process" kit, a dollhouse shell, my custom built dollhouse shell and two rehab houses I recently got off of craig's list - so I figured I'd better show a little restraint & not get another kit yet - at least until I figure out where to put all the ones that I have :cheer:

Funny thing about that kitchen set though - it will not be going into any of my current houses - won't fit the theme's I have in mind for them. So I guess I'll just have to get me another house sometime later this year to put this cute little kitchen in :)

I ordered another display table, these houses have got to sit on something, and I really do need to do an inventory of the items I've been collecting to make sure I don't order something thats been packed back.

Boring I know, but those tables are nice and easy to put together.

GO, corey!!

I bought the Lily..

:)

Peggi, i could be wrong, but i think it is ok to be practical, just so long as it's not a habit or anything ...

:cheer:

I got the deluxe light kit as well, plus some lil stuff that I needed for the BH (stair runners and those cool lions for outside) In a separate order, since Ernie was so kind as to include a coupon on the back of the catalog, I also got the houseboat...no clue what to do with it yet but I figured for 23.99, why not...This will probably be it for awhile, as I've recently bought a LOT....in the past two months I've gotten the RGT general store, a Chantilly and Diana from Tracy, a Greenhouse, a Tenny, and a Willowcrest, along with random furniture and house decorations...this added to the White Orchid, regular Orchid, HW conservatory and 3 Heart Arbors that I got at the beginning of the year

Yikes...I've apparently gone completely bonkers :)

I ended up not buying anything. Everything I need is little things like hinges and hardware. It turned out it would be cheaper taking advantage of the 20% off entire order sale than one 50% off one item. I had planned on getting the conservatory, but ended up buying it a few months ago on Ebay at less than 50% off. So maybe next year I'll take advantage of it.

I got the deluxe light kit as well, plus some lil stuff that I needed for the BH (stair runners and those cool lions for outside) In a separate order, since Ernie was so kind as to include a coupon on the back of the catalog, I also got the houseboat...no clue what to do with it yet but I figured for 23.99, why not...This will probably be it for awhile, as I've recently bought a LOT....in the past two months I've gotten the RGT general store, a Chantilly and Diana from Tracy, a Greenhouse, a Tenny, and a Willowcrest, along with random furniture and house decorations...this added to the White Orchid, regular Orchid, HW conservatory and 3 Heart Arbors that I got at the beginning of the year

Yikes...I've apparently gone completely bonkers :)

Jen - I am right there with you in bonkerville... although I think you might be the President :)

I have only been at this a month to month and a half and I now have a rehab Apple Blossom, a Chantilly, a Tennyson, and now a Lily. :cheer:

After two days and 3 shows of nonstop buying, I found myself on the laptop back at the hotel Saturday night, ordering a half-inch chandelier and some half-inch wallpaper ... and I asked for extra catalogs. I still haven't gotten the catalog with the Mardi Gras float in it! How does Ernie expect me to spend that $500 gift certificate if I don't have a catalog??? :)

The chandelier is a rather austere Colonial style. I have plans to dress it up with some kind of crystal basket. Still thinking about how to do that, but I have a picture in my head.