HB 50% Sale is On!

beachpeach

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the joys of spring. The first robin singing in the tree outside the window............the first rain shower of the year and the delightful freshness in the air.......the first crocus showing its delicate purple head...................

And Ernie's 50% off sale!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't we just LOVE spring!

After much perusing of the catalog and considering various plans for this and that on my "to-do" list, I decided to get the conservatory. I've been playing around with ideas of making a museum and that would be the perfect place for one. I was telling Bruce about it the other night and he was all excited when I told him I'd include an egyptian exhibit. I was going to get the egyptian collection today too, then I remembered there will be two 20% off sales coming up in April, so for today, I contented myself with getting the conservatory.

It's fun reading what everyone else has ordered this year. I'm really delighted to see some Lily's on the list! That's a seriously fun house to build and those of you who got one are gonna love it. She's a unique and glorious lady.

<hugging Susanne> You got your Glencroft!!! Yay!! Believe it or not, I was worried that you wouldn't and you really, really, really *need* that house!

Deb

I am having trouble deciding what to order. I am considering a 12 arm chandelier,(not the one with crystals) a white 5 piece living room set. Ruters gold shower stall. one of the 2 nice wood stoves. I plan to use the gift certificate I got for christmas when I place my order.

Melissa

wheeeeeeeeeeee! nothing like an early start!

i am 99% sure abt what i'm gonna get, but have had an odd problem that HBS is helping me with.

my wish list is so LONG that at some point it disappeared. :wub: But it's back now, so i've gotta winnow it down to something realistic and then MIZ LILY is coming!

well Im still on mini restrictions :wub:

but I did manage to sweet talk him into letting me order another 1/144th scale house

the one that resembles the Fairfield.

Ive had my eye on that one for awhile now.

nutti :banana:

well Im still on mini restrictions :whistle:

but I did manage to sweet talk him into letting me order another 1/144th scale house

the one that resembles the Fairfield.

Ive had my eye on that one for awhile now.

nutti :wave:

Oooh. That's a nice looking one. I'm excited to see how you decorate it Nutti. You always do such a nice job on the micro mini houses. :D

now i'm worried..... Angela and I both ordered the Lily... when i placed my order i saw that there was only 1 in stock. i wonder which one of us they are gonna backorder....i guess it really doesn't matter when i get mine. i dont even have the first 2 walls up on my Garfield yet but still. its agony for me to know that i've ordered and paid for something that i don't have yet.

i can't wait to get my hands on the box! that house really speaks to me of New Orleans and Savannah! it was a toss up when i first considered the Garfield. theres just something about that roof that sets me off! i can see the widow up there awaiting the ships to come in to port! or maybe a rooftop garden with a lounge chair far removed from the pryin eyes of the neighbors! :whistle:

I didn't order another kit since I have four in my closet (plus the houseboat) and my mind is on overload thinking about each one. So I ordered the new black and white kitchen. I think I will use it in the Diana, but I have to see how it fits once I put it together. Hmmm...more ideas are floating up there.

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered The Pierce, and with shipping it's less than 85 bones. Unreal! The deciding factor was the thread about that built, but unfinished Pierce on Ebay, it looks to go together like a charm. Really looking forward to getting it.

Hi all, I ordered the Glencroft. I already have finished one but want to try leaving off the tudor look this time. I love the floor plan of this house. The first one I did is late 1800's with no bathroom. Eliza, the occupant has to settle for a chamber pot. Her sewing room is where the bathroom would be. This time I'll do a bathroom, but not too modern. I can't seem to get past the 1970's or so. I love these 50% off sales. Maybe next time I'll get a Beacon Hill.

now i'm worried..... Angela and I both ordered the Lily... when i placed my order i saw that there was only 1 in stock. i wonder which one of us they are gonna backorder....i guess it really doesn't matter when i get mine. i dont even have the first 2 walls up on my Garfield yet but still. its agony for me to know that i've ordered and paid for something that i don't have yet.

i can't wait to get my hands on the box! that house really speaks to me of New Orleans and Savannah! it was a toss up when i first considered the Garfield. theres just something about that roof that sets me off! i can see the widow up there awaiting the ships to come in to port! or maybe a rooftop garden with a lounge chair far removed from the pryin eyes of the neighbors! :whistle:

Hi, I ordered the Lily a couple of days ago before the sale and it said one in stock and then the invoice said backorder. I called HBS to see how long it would take and they told me they don't stock the Lily. They come directly from the manufacturer, so they are not really backordered. I'll be getting mine from New York UPS on Monday according to the tracking info.

Pat

now i'm worried..... Angela and I both ordered the Lily... when i placed my order i saw that there was only 1 in stock.

Don't worry! They ship directly from Greenleaf, so they're never actually out of stock!

I'm working on the Garfield as well, and making very, very slow progress. I've been putting up siding (individual strips) since January. :whistle: I'll be clearing space for the Lily - I don't think I can let it sit in the box very long!

I want the McKinley So bad.... but even with the 50% off it is out of my price range. :whistle:

Oh well, I will just dream... and hopefully next year I will be able to own it.!

Kellee

I ordered the replacement windows for the Pierce. I hope it goes through! It has been "back-ordered" forever!

This sale is the only way I could justify getting them. It would be difficult to make 19 windows for this price, especially nice ones. Congrats to everyone - this is an exciting weekend!

Traci

Good job on the windows Traci!

Oh gosh.. Now I want the Lily! The rooms look like a good size and it reminds me of home since I am from Louisiana.. It is such a sweet house!

What do I do? What do I do? :whistle:

hey, corey! yeah, i know what you mean. i had to sternly tell myself that these sales happen each year, and there are other sales from HBS every little while at 20%, and that i gotta be a disciplined adult who plays with miniatures.

FWIW, as far as the Lily is concerned, i've been saving my pennies and looking on eBay for a few months, but haven't seen a better deal on this particular house. so ...

YAY!!!!! i am getting Miz LILY!!! :wave: along tools, and some items for the Pierce: those cool swing doors for the kitchen, two lamps, a bed, two rugs, some weensie parts, tools, and other fun stuff.

it was really hard to behave and not just order one of each from entire catalogue, :whistle: but due to the sale i got some great, and useful !! items for a tad more than the usual cost of the house plus shipping.

<hugging Susanne> You got your Glencroft!!! Yay!! Believe it or not, I was worried that you wouldn't and you really, really, really *need* that house!

Deb

But, you know how it is....now that I've ordered the Glencoft ... I want/need or is it need/want the Magnolia kit!!!

As soon as I cross one dollhouse off my list, another one takes its place. I love it!!

I'm so enjoying reading what everybody has ordered. Don't forget to post when your HBS dollhouse kits arrive!!

-Susanne

shame on you Tracy! :wave:

i can't believe all of the Pierces and Lily's that are flyin off the shelves at HB! i really want my Lily NOW! i won't build it until i finish my Garfield but i just wanna caress it alittle and peek between the sheets! :whistle: