At 66 years of age -

Wolfie

I have a new gallery of photos! Check it out! It's called Grannie's Kitchen! Now to go to work on Grannie herself!

Also I have a couple of pictures of the base on my Pierce I'm adding in a little bit!

Wolfie

Oh! You've done a wonderful job!! That's my favorite style for kitchens in dollhouses! Your pictures give me inspiration for my next project!

Not only does Grannie cook, I'd say Wolfie cooks, too! I love the combination of skill and enthusiasm that you bring to your projects. You go, girl! :yes:

But I see that I lied to everyone! I hit the wrong key! I'm NOT 77 - I'm only 66!!!!!! LOL I can't believe I did that! Must have been one of those "senior" moments!

Seriously though, I loved doing this little roombox! It's really darling and so cute, but boy what a job it was cleaning it up! Had to soak all the furniture in it (except that stove) in dish detergent. Covered with soot and dirt and grease and who knows what.....it was darling, but it was a mess! A lot of the things that were in the closet are now in the cupboards of my Pierce and I have many many more to put out. I've added the food, I made all of the food in the pictures myself - from FIMO. Most of the dishes are mine and only a few of the dishes from the original box are in there. The mop was there, and that delightful coffee grinder, but the rest are mine...and oh yes, check out the "running" water....I made that too! Glue is wonderful isn't it?! It can create MAGIC!

The stained glass windows, I made those too. I use the marking pens that go on those white boards for my stained glass windows! They do a fabulous job!

Oh well, gotta go and see if Grannie's dry yet!

Wolfie

Gina -

Grannie's kitchen is ever so charming. Thankfully this stunning roombox made it into your capable hands for restoration. I can't wait to see Grannie.

You have a wonderful style and I so enjoy looking at your miniature scenes.

The Pierce base is great! You're making great progress.

-Susanne

I edited your topic Wolfie!!

Oh cool! You made Wolfie eleven years younger! <whispering> Um, Tracy. I'd like to be 34 again. Can you do anything about that? <cackle>

Wolfie, Grannie's kitchen looks fabulous and I'm loving what you're doing with the Pierce! Gorgeous!!

Deb

Oh cool! You made Wolfie eleven years younger! <whispering> Um, Tracy. I'd like to be 34 again. Can you do anything about that? <cackle>

Wolfie, Grannie's kitchen looks fabulous and I'm loving what you're doing with the Pierce! Gorgeous!!

Deb

Anything for you Deb Dear :whistle: Bibidi Bobidi Boo

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I appreciate them! Yes, the furniture including the stove is made from Chrysnbon kits. I added extra silver paint to the stove, painted the oven rack as well. The other furniture is painted with acrylic craft paints, one coat and then smoothed over with a torn up crumpled paper bag, then "waxed" using the crumpled wax paper treatment. Saves the paint too! The floor is a mini linoluem I got years ago from CraftMark. Been saving it for something, and finally found the something. The wallpaper is washable and actually came from a mini wallpaper sample book I got from Loew's for free! The one big strip was just enough to cut in half and use in this little box. The rug is made by braiding embroidery floss and then gluing it to a backing. Same with the chair cushion. The pillow was made from a scrap of fabric with foam inside. The towel and potholders are from some quilting fabric I bought at the Senior Center....even though I do not belong to a senior center, they have a store of sorts where you can find all sorts of treasures! I missed out on a gorgeous dollhouse a few years ago, all together, furnished, etc., for $200.00. My guy Doug just didn't want to buy it for me! Oh well, hit or miss in the shopping games.......

But again thank you for looking. I hope to get better pictures when Grannie comes along! Right now she is shivering in her long undies as it is snowing like crazy here.......there goes spring!

Wolfie

Your roombox is wonderful. I was trying to figure out how to make the braided rugs..how many strands of the floss do you use? the same for the cushion?

I am 66 too..and finally getting involved in making these things for my unfinished orchid and want to do a roombox too.

Gina, that is just darling! The blue color you've used is just so soothing. I'd love to be peeling potatoes in that kitchen!

Am anxiously awaiting Granny's arrival!