COFFEE...how do you take it/make it?

beachpeach

i can't start without it, although i only drink 2 cups in the mornings. i used to percolate my coffee until i took a trip to England and discovered the french press. now all i use is the press. i love the way it turns out strong and all frothy.

how do you like yours? do you drink it only in the mornings or all day? and what do you like it with?

i gotta have cream and sugar too. i got hooked on the coffee-mate vanilla chai spice before xmas last year. anyone ever tried that? great way to start the day! :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually strong, black, and "leaded" (non of that wimpy decaf here!! :( ) And most of the day, up until about 4 p.m. -- at which time I stop, or I won't sleep most of the night. Probably 5-6 mugs worth.

Sometimes I'll do a dash of condensed milk, usually in the later part of the day. But the first cup in the morning is black and strong.

I used to drink alot of coffee but I have gone down to two 10 oz cups a day. I use light cream and splenda.

I like it so strong it will curl your nose hairs! No have decaf here..Gotta wake up the dead braincells every morning.

I grind my beans every morning (dunkin donuts regular roast). I stock up on it at Christmas time when it is on sale.

I really dont drink anymore during the day. Maybe a iced coffee in the afternoon when it is hot or I need the boost for some reason. I had friends that brewed coffee all day and night. They drank the stuff at night!! :( I cant do that or i will be watching informercials till the sun comes up.

We drink decaf coffee, a New Orleans blend from Café du Mond. It's wonderfully rich, with a hint of chicory. Great with Splenda and 1/2 & 1/2. I order it by the case, as it's not available here. Usually just one mug in the morning, but it isn't morning without that one mug!

There's no way I can do caffeine any more. A few days ago I had a small diet Pepsi in the afternoon and ended up not falling asleep until after midnight.

<listening for pot to stop dripping .. slipping into the kitchen to grab the brew!>

I can't stand coffee, so none for me ever!! My dh however drinks a pot a day with lots of sugar and cream/milk mixture.:( My job is to usually wash the pot. (I can't even stand the smell of it so I don't like even washing the pot, but I do it.)

I can't stand coffee, so none for me ever!! My dh however drinks a pot a day with lots of sugar and cream/milk mixture. :( My job is to usually wash the pot. (I can't even stand the smell of it so I don't like even washing the pot, but I do it.)

Making notation...Finish Big Ole cup of Dunkie Donnie before I give Carrie a hug! Carry lots of Tic Tacs!

Making notation...Finish Big Ole cup of Dunkie Donnie before I give Carrie a hug! Carry lots of Tic Tacs!

Don't worry, I only tease my dh when he has coffee breath. I still hug him even if he smells of it.

i drink about 5 cups a day i would say. 2 before work and the rest at work. i grind my own beans every morning *starbucks brand* and use irish cream and sugar.

if i dont have coffee by 7 am i will have the worst headace for the rest of the day! its horrible!

Wolfie grinds her own. I buy my beans from Starbucks or Seattle Roast. They are dark and wonderful. I also use the French Press - is there any other way?! But I take mine two different ways! Most of the time I use Splenda and half and half. On "special" days I take a bit of Bailey's Irish Cream and Splenda and whipping cream! Love that flavor. That's my evening coffee. But a lot of the time I forgoe the coffee in favor of tea.....Stash's Lemon Ginger is my favorite. I've lost over 30 pounds drinking tea in the last six months!

Wolfie

Have to have my coffee, black and caffienated. Will drink it all day and into the night on some occasions. Nothing fancy, just old Maxwell House in a drip coffee maker. Even at work, they know not to speak to me until I get my coffee. :D On weekends, DH will usually have it ready for me when I get up.

Can you tell I'm not a morning person :(

I prefer tea, Tetley's British Blend, Earl Grey is also good. Herbal should be illegal, as should green tea. I used to pound coffee down sound much I had to buy the cheapest I could find. Now, it gives me a stomach ache, and the shakes.

I really dislike Starbucks. WAY too bitter. I have a drip coffee maker, although I do like the french press. Just don't have a french press BIG enough for the amount of coffee I drink. (Yeah, I know..I could make it several times a day. But I don't. Just a huge pot in the morning, pour it into a thermos, and drink it all day.)

I've heard about the Tim Horton cofffee, but haven't tried it. At least not that I know of...We've been to Canada a lot, but just not to a Tim Horton's. :(

If and when I do drink coffee it is decaf......I average maybe 3 cups a month.....used to drink it every day....I was like Peggi Maxwell all the way.....so I start my day with oj.....

no coffee here either!

I used to start my day with a pepsi

but after surgery last yr I dont do that anymore either

I start my day with a Crystal Light Lemonade and than switch to water

all day. but NOOOO coffee

DH likes to drink it and I get to clean his pot and coffe maker also

I love the way it smells when a new can or watever is opened but not the taste.

more power to yall!

nutti :(

I never did care much for coffee, but on occasion would drink it with lots of cream/sugar. When I started having my heart problems, caffeine had to go. I do love cappuccino - decaf, french vanilla. I don't drink it everyday though. I can usually be found with a bottle of Peach Propel fitness water. Yum!

I hardly drink coffee anymore. I LOVE it, but i get nauseated if i drink it anymore. I started adding half and half which helps. It just depends on the day if i can drink it or not. I do have a fondness for Cappucino's with half and half :(

Love the smell of coffee, but just can't get into the taste, which I think is a bummer....I start my day off with a can of diet coke, and then it's water (usually the carbonated flavored water from walmart) or tea the rest of the day. I used to drink a TON more soda, but now I'm just down to the one a day, to get my caffeine fix :whistle:

COFFEE is a mainstay for me. the kids give me coffees for birthday, holiday gifts.

I quit drinking it in ... 1986?? and lost the caffeine deprivation headaches and felt much more alert in the mornings, and then went to law school. And i'm addicted, still addicted.

i'm not all that fond of the taste. it's just fuel, it keeps me working. i really don't care all that much if we run out of other things at the office, but i gotta have the Hot Bean Juice. if i could figure out a way to have some kind of kangaroo pump for it to just ingest it that way, i'd do that.

in the mornings: with a dollop of milk. after that my coffee is HiTest Black. i have one of those little coffee cup warmers on my desk so that the coffee is warmed all day, especially at about 3 to 5 pm, when i'd rather be napping. after that, until about 9 or 10. i work until about 11 or 12, as often as not.

what kind: whatever Starbucks brand is on sale, or something similar. can't be strong enough.

i really prefer teas but they make my stomach churn, so i've given those up, except for the decaf kinds.

I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. Usually a cup and a half on the mornings that I work. With cremora and sugar. Then, dh has a small pot waiting for me when I get home from work around 5. I sip at it, usually it ends up cold by the time I finish it. But I gotta have it or I can't stay awake til bedtime. I come from a long line of coffee drinks. On the mornings I don't have to go to work, I bump it up to 2 cups then start a pot around 4 pm. If I don't have coffee, I will end up with an awful headache. No one in my house wants that. :whistle: Good ol' Maxwell House blend for me in a drip coffee maker.

Hot, leaded and very strong. I like a dash of either milk or cream (not flavoured), but that's it. Yummm! Ray and I can drink coffee even before bed and not have trouble sleeping. He and I are both good sleepers.

When we drink tea, I prefer it very very very strong and black tea only. I put 3-4 teabags into a small teapot.

Like Doogster, I dislike flavoured and herbal teas.

-Susanne

Hot, leaded and very strong. I like a dash of either milk or cream (not flavoured), but that's it. Yummm! Ray and I can drink coffee even before bed and not have trouble sleeping. He and I are both good sleepers.

When we drink tea, I prefer it very very very strong and black tea only. I put 3-4 teabags into a small teapot.

Like Doogster, I dislike flavoured and herbal teas.

-Susanne

I don't care for flavored teas myself, but i do like to drink hot tea with a fresh lemon slice. I drink tea almost every day, I let the teabag steep for about 5-30 minutes (i tend to forget about it :whistle:) I then put in some brown sugar (andrew better not tell you how much) and some half and half. Makes a nice strong cup of tea! And yummy as well :giggle: