Another real beauty

Hallowell

Prolly a silly question....but look at the list of bidders....Bidder 1, Bidder 2, Bidder 3, and Bidder 4? What the heck?

This is a device that eBay has instituted to help prevent unscrupulous people from contacting bidders of pricey items with fraudulent offers. If the bidder's eBay handle is used, the con men persons :banana: can contact them directly; the anonymous Bidder 1, etc., protects the bidders.

Oh, what a lovely house! They did a real nice job and they posted some real great pictures! Thanks for sharing, Greg!

Anyone know where they may have gotten the "plaster" decorative ceiling papers?

I could be wrong, Peggy, but I think it's probably anaglypta wallpaper. You can get it in various styles at any hardware or home decor store. It's also paintable.

That's the first Newburg I've seen that I've really liked. I have the Newburg's sister, the Linfield, which I prefer between the kits, in a box but haven't worked on it. I do like this one though. The colors are great.

It is very beautiful, but 10 colors. I've seen some images of the building the paintwork was based on and I don't see that many colors. Uhmm - maybe I need to take a trip into Santa Cruz.

Lisa R.

PS The ceiling papers are available on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dollhouse-Ceiling-Wall...1QQcmdZViewItem

They may well be anagypta though.

Well, the prettiest one of these houses I ever saw-- the Newburg?-- was all in yellow, but then yellow is my favorite color. What I like a lot is the fact it has no stairs. Stairs would be fine if this were going to be a shop, but personally I think he was wise to leave them out.

but I think it's probably anaglypta wallpaper. You can get it in various styles at any hardware or home decor store. It's also paintable.

I love the ceilings in this house! So if I want to find this wallpaper - I just go into a hardware store & ask for anaglypta wallpaper and they'll know what I mean? Next question, how do you pronounce anaglypta? :thumb:

Anaglypta wallpaper is texturesd 3-dimensional wallpaper that can be painted. If you ask for the (usually) white deeply textured wallpapers that should get it for you, and then you find a design you like. I found some in a border wallpaperr that I used on my Coventry Cottage ceiling, and also on the parlor ceiling in the McKinley I built.

This house is beautiful. This is another one that's about an hour and a half away from me.

And you are still home???? I think I would be out of that door in a heartbeat LOL...

Hugs

Wow, what a beautiful house!! The bright colors are a little much for me on the exterior, but I can see that a lot of time went into the details. I'm guessing I would like the exterior better in person- it's so hard to tell on the monitor sometimes. The stained glass is a great effect. The interior is lovely. I love the ceilings too. I just bought some scrapbook paper that has textured flowers for the ceiling in my Arrow house. I wonder if it will look that good. I don't want a victorian look for my interior, but for the SF I will.

Anyone know where they may have gotten the "plaster" decorative ceiling papers?

Seems like I saw the plaster ceiling thingies at Hobby Lobby the last time I was there. Hope that helps.

Sandy