New Member - Jay from Indiana

ArchAngle

My name is Jay Steele – a.k.a. ArchAngle (Nope! I didn’t misspell ArchAngle, as I am no Angel.) I was born over a ½ century ago in Florida – and was forced to move to this colder climate by my parents – I was only 2 at the time but still . . . . !

I live in the lovely town of Lafayette Indiana, and found this group via havanaholly's direction, and know it will be a great resource for information about miniatures.

I have been making miniatures – mostly furniture and room boxes for a bit over 30 years, and still have lots to learn. 1/12th scale is my preference, but I have dabbled in some of the other scales as well.

My current project is the web site Zooplies Miniature Haven, which I’m working to turn into a “shared cataloging & tools site” for all miniaturists’ interests. Any input from the members here is welcome.

I don’t sell my miniatures, as that would require more time than I have – and making them, then finding someone to enjoy them is the real joy anyhow.

I added a link to this forum on Zooplies Miniature Haven, hoping to help the miniature hobby grow and prosper as it should.

Welcome Jay! I moved from Southeast Florida to Tennessee back in June, so I understand about the sunshine and how green everything is down there. I'm a newbie myself in the forum but have found this site to be invaluable. Look forward to getting to know you.

:D Havanaholly is a great guiding light! :dog:
Just be careful you don't get lost; better bring a map!

:) , Jay, I'd sort of been expecting you to drop by since the last time you were busy on DHM's forum.

BTW, I grew up in S FL, married & moved all over the country & finally got to move back to N FL 28 years ago & plan to stay put, God willing. Y'all can keep your cold weather, we're going kayaking this AM.

Hello and welcome to the forum. My husband was born in Indiana and moved to SC about 20 years ago and loves it here. I was born here and there isn't enough money in the world that would make me want to move to the cold areas of this great country. Now if winter would hurry up and leave, all would be wonderful.