Stained glass

Lisa R.

I made a "stained" glass panel today for my conservatory door. I did the design in photoshop and printed it on an inkjet printer onto a transparency. The colors in the gif file look very intense but they need to be otherwise they look washed out on the transparency.

Lisa R.

Do you have more that you have done? Wanna do a short tutorial for us novices? It really does look Splendid!!

Yes, this idea I like as well! Your stained glass window looks great!!!

Hugs

Ooooh! That's pretty!! I've done the transparency windows, but I use jpegs instead of making my own images. You made it look soooooooo nice that I've got to give it a try.

Deb

That's beautiful - well done :(

I find Photoshop quite hard to understand what with all the 'layers' & stuff; it would take me quite a long time, working through tutorials, to be able to use it properly & I just don't feel I have the spare time - I suppose I'd rather be doing other things.

When I've tried to print stained glass on transparency paper on my Canon printer ( on the correct printer setting ) the ink just sits on the paper in sad-looking blobs :(

Jackie

DOH!!!

Most excellent job on the stained glass. I would have never of thought of using transparency paper - I just remember my teacher using that wax pen writing math problems on it...... hmmm maybe thats why i could not think of it - the fear of algebra brrrrrr :(

Such a great idea tho I may have to try it

When I've tried to print stained glass on transparency paper on my Canon printer ( on the correct printer setting ) the ink just sits on the paper in sad-looking blobs :(

Jackie, the problem may be the type of transparency, not your printer. Look on the box of transparencies and see if it says whether they are for ink jet or laser.

The sheets I have are for laser and take print from my B&W laser printer just fine. But color print from the ink jet just sits there, doesn't dry.

I don't want to spend more $$ for ink jet transparencies, so I print out the lead lines on the laser printer and fill in the blanks with Wal-Mart's "stained glass" paint (made for plastic).

Jackie, the problem may be the type of transparency, not your printer. Look on the box of transparencies and see if it says whether they are for ink jet or laser.

The sheets I have are for laser and take print from my B&W laser printer just fine. But color print from the ink jet just sits there, doesn't dry.

I don't want to spend more $$ for ink jet transparencies, so I print out the lead lines on the laser printer and fill in the blanks with Wal-Mart's "stained glass" paint (made for plastic).

Thanks, Kathie - that could be the problem; a friend gave me these sheets, so I don't know what they're for. I'll try some specially for ink-jet printers.

Thanks, again, for your input :(

Jackie