The Houseboat contest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, although I want to get the kit one day and build it, like the travel trailer kits I have. Nutti has graciously invited me to join her and we'll see what devilments we can cook up together...

There is this old movie....I think it was Sandra Dee but I'm not sure....she and I think her grandfather and/or grandmother live on a houseboat...all I remember is that she trespasses onto a rich person's property and befriends the, I think, elderly, sick owner of the mansion...the only other scene I remember is that she tests whether or not she's become a woman by dropping a penny down her cleavage...when it doesn't drop out below, she's become a woman, which happens at the end of the movie. Anyone know the name of that movie? It's the houseboat I am really interested in....

I think Lloyd and I are going to enter the contest. He's thinking along the lines of a Cajun fishing shack, I think. I lived on a boat for four years once, but it wasn't a houseboat, but still it gave me some ideas for details.

I think anyone who makes one ought to enter. All it takes is four photos and few minutes to fill out the form. And you get a little prize of some sort for entering. You never know what's going to catch the judge's eye. :doh:

There is this old movie....I think it was Sandra Dee but I'm not sure....she and I think her grandfather and/or grandmother live on a houseboat...all I remember is that she trespasses onto a rich person's property and befriends the, I think, elderly, sick owner of the mansion...the only other scene I remember is that she tests whether or not she's become a woman by dropping a penny down her cleavage...when it doesn't drop out below, she's become a woman, which happens at the end of the movie. Anyone know the name of that movie? It's the houseboat I am really interested in....

It was Debbie Reynolds, and it was the first "Tammy" movie. -" Tammy and the Bachelor" I love that movie ... watch it often. After the first movie, Sandra Dee took over the role.

-Susanne

Yes. I will do this one. I was inspired tonight. I read this thread earlier, then I turned on the t.v. What was on?? The Travel Chanel had an hour long show on houseboats! If you get a chance to see it I'm sure it will inspire you too. They had a few different boats and all of the interiors from Modern to Victorian themes. Good luck to all that enter!!!!

I'm gonna play in the contest this year. I didn't get around to it last year (but I'm still going to build the travel trailor). It'll be awhile before I start on the houseboat, but I'll be entering it when I do. It sounds like fun!

Deb

Nutti has graciously invited me to join her and we'll see what devilments we can cook up together...

ohhhhh my now Im a little scared!

I do have plans for the little boat but I wont start till sometime later...I already started a box with stuff that will go in it. again this yr it sounds as though the greenleaf forum will show off their talents!

fun!

cant wait to see.

anyone actually have theirs started yet? how is the kit?

nutti

It does look ever so inviting, but I do need to save up so that I can place a "biggie" order I think as the shipping is somewhat prohibitve otherwise having it shipped across the pond.

I have to ideas I am toying with right now, both involves a lot of "off-beat" minis so that is also something I need to ttake into considertaion if I will have the time and energy of building it all, let alone find those thingies I can't build myself...

Can't wait to see what everyone else might come up with!!!!

Hugs

last yr all of the entrants recieved the travel trailer as gift...I have my fingers crossed that the house boat will go out this yr.

anyone who got one know when ya got them? March or so?

if I dont get one I will have to purchase one because it is just too dern much to keep bottled up in my head.

will there be a posting of our photos? or will there be the great unveiling of 2007 in Dec?

a happy floater here!

nutti :blink: ;)

will there be a posting of our photos? or will there be the great unveiling of 2007 in Dec?

That's a good question. I can see value in posting as we work. As someone pointed out in another thread, even if two people come up with the same theme, their finished projects will be very different. It would be fun to see how the various projects evolve. If anyone is reluctant to share, of course they wouldn't have to.

On the other hand, the hinting and teasing were fun while waiting until the deadline for the grand unveilings of the Travel Trailers.

Maybe we need to set up a poll for those who plan to enter to voice their choice?