The Houseboat contest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrie you have me excited to see what you are going to make!

I need to get mine out of the box and see what it is going to be....

I've only taken the instructions out of the box. I need to finish up my other big projects first before having enough room to start this one. Glad I could get you excited for it though. Good luck with yours!!

I was surprised because my son gave me the base of my idea. He really isn't into miniatures at all. But, he gave me a suggestion and the whole thing popped into my head. I'm really excited about it. AND, hubby isn't telling me I have to wait to build it (once it gets here), so that's another bonus!!!

I got the houseboat too - I like that everyone (at least in the past) receives a consolation prize of next year's contest set... It's like being in a perpetual state of construction! And great for someone like me who needs deadlines to finish ANY project. I haven't put it together yet, but I hear the clock ticking louder and louder in the background. I've got a swap to finish and a costume for my DD9 for a convention this August and then I'll be able to focus on this. Nervous though.. the only thing I've built so far is an arbor! I have a feeling I'm going to do everything in the wrong order and end up with glue, paint and cat hair everywhere... :wave:

Here's a question - if you participated in a swap here, and one of the items would be perfect in your boat display, or any display that's entered into a contest, is that considered flattering or plagerism?!

Here's a question - if you participated in a swap here, and one of the items would be perfect in your boat display, or any display that's entered into a contest, is that considered flattering or plagerism?!

I wouldn't call it plagiarism, but please give credit to the artist. Contest entries are made up of items purchased, made by you, and made by others. I don't see any conflict. If it works, use it!

I'd love to model it but am not sure how to adapt the houseboat or even whether that would be okay.
Ernie's out to sell the kits and whatever you do with it gets noticed, the more original the better! Kathie's TT was a Mardi Gras Parade float, so why not an English canal boat? You'd need to raise the hull sides and so a shallow pitched roof instead of the flat one, but otherwise go for it! I foresee a major bash---
if the consolation prize is what you want, be careful you don't win anything. Winners don't get consolation prizes!
No, they just win enough money to buy any consolation prizes they want!