The Houseboat contest

I have thought of entering, but I am still not certain. I must admit however, that since the thought popped into my head, it seems I have seen many "houseboat" type things in the stores. Catching my eye I supposed. Well, we shall see.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not planning on entering, but in watching this discussion, I was wondering if Ernie had any rules about previous picture postings that would affect your decision in posting here as you go? Just curious.

I watched the Travel Channel also. My favorite houseboat was the one in St. Augustine. Ryan Lemke owns it and it's done up like a riverboat called Jean Mary. Paddle wheel in the back and a calliope on the roof. Wood burning fireplace in the lounge. It was awsome.

• 2 weeks later...
It was Debbie Reynolds, and it was the first "Tammy" movie. -" Tammy and the Bachelor" I love that movie ... watch it often. After the first movie, Sandra Dee took over the role.

-Susanne

My mother named me after the Tammy movies, yet I have never watched one! Now, I think I will have to.

I want to buy the houseboat kit, but not sure I would be creative enough to enter the contest. Am still trying to decide.

But Kathy you can always sit close to it assuring it that you are indeed thinking of it and ask what it might like to be dressed like and if there is anything in particular you might need to stock up on etc etc....

LOL

Hugs

For those of us who are newbies here, what - or where - is the HBS Houseboat contest?

Thanks for your time!

Donna

Hobby Builders Supply (HBS), an on-line source of all things mini that many of us use, holds an annual contest based on the creative use of a basic kit. In 2006 it was Greenleaf/Corona's Travel Trailer. This year it is their Houseboat.

The announcement of the 2007 contest is here.

Photos of the Travel Trailer winners have not yet been posted, but you can look at winners from past contests here.

DH and I were lucky enough to take First Place in the Travel Trailer Contest. There are pictures in my gallery and blog.

But Kathy you can always sit close to it assuring it that you are indeed thinking of it and ask what it might like to be dressed like and if there is anything in particular you might need to stock up on etc etc....

LOL

Hugs

;) Lol, now why didn't I think of that already.

I'm wondering why no matter how much I throw away or give away and I'm talking a lot of carloads so far, my house still feels just as full as before I started. I don't feel like I'm making dents in the STUFF yet.

Kat

Thank you for the info, KathieB!

I probably have enough on my plate right now, but it looks like the Houseboat project would be a lot of fun at some point in the future. My son and daughter-in-law lived on a houseboat for the first 6 years of their marriage so I'd have a lot to draw on, should I find time to give it a shot. Even if the contest is over by that time, I'd still like to give it a go.

Best Regards,

Donna

I've added the site to my Favorites so I can find it when I'm ready!

Donna

• 1 month later...

I finally came up with an idea for the contest, so I am going to give it a try. I'm actually kinda excited about it. Although I doubt I'll place, it'll still be fun

I had nearly finished the trailer project when HBS announced the contest for the trailer and then it was too late to get in on it. I need to post pictures of it, though without a digital camera the pictures won't look too clear. Anyhow, I did my trailer in a modern day theme, calling it "Time to go camping".

Susan

I will be entering my Houseboat into the contest....

to me its not about the winning so much as I want get that all important consolation prize!!!

I had so much fun with the trailer....looking forward to working on all the goodies for the houseboat!

nutti :wave:

to me its not about the winning so much as I want get that all important consolation prize!!!

Hmmmm ... if the consolation prize is what you want, be careful you don't win anything. Winners don't get consolation prizes! :wave:

I had so much fun with the trailer....looking forward to working on all the goodies for the houseboat!

nutti :wave:

I agree about the consolation prize, but until today, I wasn't sure I would come up with something that would be deserving even of that!!

I doubt mine will win either but hey for a consolation prize hehe why not! And for the most part I am having fun.

Bec

I always enter contests thinking I won't win so I won't be disappointed. I do my best and enjoy making the items. I am going to enter this one and then give my mother my houseboat. I'm doing a theme based on something that reminds me of her and my childhood. So my houseboat will be her Christmas present.

I had fun with the trailer contest, and even though I did not win any of the big prizes I still feel like I won because of the consolation prize. I was so happy to get the houseboat! Entering was worth it because you have nothing to loose. It doesn't even cost anything to enter. I have a few ideas in my head and have started to gather things together. I will enter this contest too because even if you don't win the big prizes...you still win something!!! Everyone wins!!! :wave: