Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

14 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

So this . . . I checked back to see if was still available and contact the owner to pick up this week.  She doubled the price!  Ummm . . .  no, I really don't need it.  Even at $50, its a bargain.  But gets me she would double the asking price when someone gets interested in it.  Lost sale at this point. BTW, it has been listed for 2 months.

what? I would've absolutely then offered her $12.50 lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Kells

That Lace house is awesome! It would be fun to spruce up.

46 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

Oh I have always wanted that house!! Someone get that one quick. And then send it to me! Haha!

I've always loved that house too. If it were front-opening, I'd have long since owned one! Last time I was up there, they'd painted it blue and burgundy. It's been tan for decades. Why they changed it, I have no idea. I prefer the original. Couldn't find a good pic of the new paint job online. Hopefully the street view link will work. You can zoom in to get a better look.

Google Street View of Lace House in Black Hawk, CO

• Like 1

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I'll bite, if the furniture's not included,why include it in the photos, especially the obviously Tudor tables?

I didn't even notice that in the listing, lol. Unfinished tables at that. That kills it, I'm not shelling out $6500 if I don't get the $10 Concord icebox and the Fantastic Merchandise curio table with all the legs broken off! But yeah, seriously, why not just take them out first?

Listing says it's a Hofco Homestead House, $50 for pickup only in Fort Lauderdale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392805413267

That certainly is not what's in the box though. I'm pretty sure it's a Keith Ballhagen storefront, in which case fifty bucks is a bargain! I haven't seen a Ballhagen store for sale in ages. He had some fine workmanship.

Lower right corner in this pic. It's upside-down (the raised panels are at street level, not at the top of the store).

s-l1600.jpg

Those houses are just perpetually listed. Do you only pay Ebay fees once an item sells? Otherwise she would have spent a fortune.

And again, would anyone pay $150k for something with such terrible photos?? There is something I just don’t understand about this person. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Do you only pay Ebay fees once an item sells? Otherwise she would have spent a fortune.

I think you only pay if an item sells and that you're allowed a certain number of listings without charge (250, I think?). There's a small fee for listings over that number. This explains all the horrendously bad "art" for sale for $1,000,000. I guess it only takes one sucker!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kells said:

I think you only pay if an item sells and that you're allowed a certain number of listings without charge (250, I think?). There's a small fee for listings over that number. This explains all the horrendously bad "art" for sale for $1,000,000. I guess it only takes one sucker!

Thanks Kells, that explains a lot.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, shannonc60 said:

Those houses are just perpetually listed. Do you only pay Ebay fees once an item sells? Otherwise she would have spent a fortune.

And again, would anyone pay $150k for something with such terrible photos?? There is something I just don’t understand about this person. 

If I could tell people one thing to make their postings, whether on eBay, craigslist or wherever, it would be to learn to take better photo. Most garage sale photos are so terrible, I don't go because I cannot see anything clearly.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, Island-Shack said:

Cute Beacon Hill - looks to be in good shape, and it's only $80. If it sits there much longer I may have to go rescue it.

Please go rescue it - I'm 8 hours away & can't do it!

On 4/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, Elsbeth said:

I found this on ebay - had to save it for when the forum was back!

I dunno..where would this furniture go?! Maybe a haunted house I guess, but even then...it's creepy but funny but awkward but creepy...I don't know.

The arms are movable!

1577173847_s-l1600-2020-04-19T064740_322.jpg.277f1648b179f7bbb2227295af61cfc0.jpg

I looooove creepy and odd things; especially minis!!! I also love country style and modern and Victorian and Art Deco and eclectic/bohemian … basically; I LOVE IT ALL!!