Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

"This was originally purchased in 1946 for my mother as a 3-story Victorian style home."

Really? Looks like a Thornhill without the roof.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284357982083?hash=item42350e7783:g:r4kAAOSwk8lg4Hj0

On 7/7/2021 at 7:38 AM, madtex1967 said:

I just saw that and was wondering about it. I'm not sure about the Townsend Towers, though. The tower roof on that one has an overhang. I do think I've seen this house before, but I can't place it.

And here's a nicely aged Allison Jr: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373636421425?hash=item56fe775731:g:BOIAAOSwu4lg36bF

10 hours ago, fov said:

Now that I look at it, it has dawned on me what house this is!  It is from Doll Domiciles' Second Empire Victorian Plans.  I have a set of them.

Hnet.com-image.jpg

Edited by madtex1967

32 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

Sooooo . . . .  asked and this is still available.  Like I need it. 😏

But SUCH a bargain.  I may get it tomorrow morning.  

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/art/d/new-orleans-greenleaf-the-pierce-wooden/7335582138.html

Um at that price - yeah go get it 

Edited by Qubanqtee

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/art/d/new-orleans-greenleaf-the-pierce-wooden/7335582138.html

If you're looking to be talked out of it, you've come to the wrong place!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

Bargain of the year! Did you get it?

Had to edit this.... I'd love to see what Matt does to this. For anyone who hasn't checked out his galleries, look at the spectacular work he did on a Garfield! Sorry, Matt, but you deserve a shout-out for this amazing job.

Edited by Kells

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie & I got to see Matt's Garfield under way in person; the photos don't do it justice!

These photos brought back some fine memories. :) 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:33 AM, Kells said:

"The price has generously been lowered to $87,500 . . ."

Perhaps just a teensy bit out of my price range **chokes** but twenty photos of impressive craftsmanship to scroll through!

Victorian Elegance Revisited

So 87k+ is not going to happen.

But it is lovely and would easily sell for several thousand if the right audience of buyers is located, but the market isn't there for tens of thousands.

But I do love it.

On 7/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, havanaholly said:

Indeed!  We had so much fun!

On 7/10/2021 at 4:24 PM, KathieB said:

These photos brought back some fine memories. :) 

On 7/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, havanaholly said:

Kathie & I got to see Matt's Garfield under weigh in person; the photos don't do it justice!

On 7/10/2021 at 1:28 PM, Kells said:

Bargain of the year! Did you get it?

Had to edit this.... I'd love to see what Matt does to this. For anyone who hasn't checked out his galleries, look at the spectacular work he did on a Garfield! Sorry, Matt, but you deserve a shout-out for this amazing job.

Thank you so much Kells!! I wish I spent more time on my miniatures.  I so enjoy doing them. I am concentrating on the RGT half scale First Lady.  It is fun and a challenge (I feel I am not as handy in half scale and 1").

On the Pierce, I was supposed to pick it up this weekend, but life got in the way.  I want to try this week one evening after work.

Kathy & Holly - that was such a nice day.  It was good to meet you all and husbands.  It was a nice lunch as well.  I did sell the Garfield when I moved into our home.  I did keep some of the expensive gingerbread and the staircase off the house.  I sold for sooooooooooooo much less than I had invested.  But that is why it is a hobby!

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

It was good to meet you all and husbands.  It was a nice lunch as well.  I did sell the Garfield when I moved into our home. 

And so good to meet you and see your handiwork. The lunch was delicious and a lovely way to get acquainted. I'm sorry we never had the chance to reciprocate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Matt, you & your SO have a standing invitation if you ever decide to road trip to Pensacola and points east.

Or head to Atlanta :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KathieB said:

Or head to Atlanta :D 

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Matt, you & your SO have a standing invitation if you ever decide to road trip to Pensacola and points east.

As you all are welcome to come back to NOLA for a visit! (or anyone else from the forum).  I'd love to show off the real life house and my mini ones in progress.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:09 PM, madtex1967 said:

So this . . . I checked back to see if was still available and contact the owner to pick up this week.  She doubled the price!  Ummm . . .  no, I really don't need it.  Even at $50, its a bargain.  But gets me she would double the asking price when someone gets interested in it.  Lost sale at this point. BTW, it has been listed for 2 months.