Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

On 9/17/2021 at 2:27 AM, zigzagpipixcan said:

I just saw this and am debating about contacting the seller. I would have to rent a van/truck to pick it up. This is the first brinca dada I have seen for sale anywhere.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/d/seattle-modern-dollhouse-furniture-in/7380808796.html

It would be a crime if you didn't. The only thing stopping me is living on the other side of the country

On 9/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, Kells said:

**choke** NO, $500 is not a fair price. I have that house and I paid $35 for it off Craigslist. Hofco houses are my favorites, but they're not that rare. Keep looking, something will come up.

Oops, my faulty memory, I paid $45 for that house. Anywho....

Someone up in Boulder must be narrowing down their collection.

Little Orphan Annie House for $400

Newport for $375

Alison Jr. for $295

Unknown but my favorite of the lot for $125

Tried to embed a pic for each but since I'm getting the "don't hold your breath, babe!" interminable spinner AS USUAL, I am past bothering.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

Wow, that is great price....Did you see what the Brookwood is going for?? I don't think the seller is a dollhouse person.

20 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

This is a good deal too, but it doesn't smell right......https://www.ebay.com/itm/353694810633?hash=item5259da8209:g:FOsAAOSwuANhUXwJ

You mean like the fact that they're using the photos off the Greenleaf site?

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

You mean like the fact that they're using the photos off the Greenleaf site?

Yep, and no seller rating. There is no legitimate profit unless this is shipping direct from Greenleaf...especially with free shipping.

The description looks copied and pasted...I put a watch on it, and they just sent me a 6% discount offer too!

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Yep, and no seller rating. There is no legitimate profit unless this is shipping direct from Greenleaf...especially with free shipping.

Likely everyone knows this already but I'll say it anyway. Never buy from a seller with Zero feedback.

I did once and never got the item, never a response from the seller, nothing. Both Ebay and PayPal replied to my claim with a response that basically said, "Sucks to be you!"

Fortunately, I had paid with a credit card (always use a credit card on Ebay for precisely this reason!), and my credit card company reversed the charge to PayPal immediately. That caught PayPal's and Ebay's attention and then they were all over it because they were the ones out the money. At that point I didn't care though. Let them sort out their loss with that fraudulent seller, I was done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

For anyone in the Riverside, CA area

Hofco Victorian Classic Kit at a $99 starting bid and BIN at $200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124924396023?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I love Hofco houses, they just might be my favorites to work on. That's a great price.

Spkg of great prices, here's an RGT Queen Anne for $600. A far cry from the one in their shop for $7800.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/clt/d/torrance-queen-anne-dollhouse/7386252947.html

00p0p_igdkcHBnEjqz_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg

This looks like the Real Good Toys Queen Anne in Charleston, SC for $250!  I did contact her for more pictures but she never got back to me and didn’t seem interested in providing them.  But that could be a GREAT deal for someone.   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/405828167574279/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Acfea6a1c-0fc6-41e4-8acc-18b654be1f64

Edited by Kbonno

2 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

this is crazy huge but what a price for the right person!  I think you'd have to rent a u-haul.

I think I will tell my husband that I want to be buried in something like this....I fit if I lie on my side in an L-shape??

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Kbonno said:

I've heard of the Gettysburg, as well as the Antietam, but I couldn't have told you what either of them looked like. Those dormers aren't Hofco. Or at least the windows for sure aren't. Whoever put those little square windows in big dormers needs a lesson in architectural design. Hideous.

$1500 French chateau. The Lawbre library wall, fireplace wall, interior doors and mouldings would have cost at least as much as they're asking for the house. I don't get why one would build a beautiful house like this but then cheap out so badly on the exterior windows and doors.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/art/d/irvine-your-new-doll-house-mansion/7388351761.html

00K0K_4NYXvAhOe6Wz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00X0X_b3EOgL9aYAtz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00E0E_eJsJNN1L80oz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00U0U_hEnGXUhnIbjz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00808_dwpeIy4QqA8z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

That's the "Remember When" dollhouse from a plan book by Phyllis Jellison. The book is still available. I rarely see the houses for sale though. I've had mine for ages and I think I've only seen another, besides this one, twice in the last ten years.

I find it funny that all I've seen, mine and this one included, all followed the plan book to the letter. They're all the same color, they have the same contact paper printed vinyl fake wood flooring, etc. Almost no deviations from the instructions whatsoever. It's a charming house though. I've decided to let mine stand exactly as is, printed vinyl flooring included.

Green House.jpg