Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

On my monitor the trim looks more like an oxblood red; definitely not a color scheme I'm attracted to.

Upon closer inspection, I think it might be barn red. If that's the case, I have a house with a similar color scheme, so serves me right for hating on that one, lol! Yee-gads, now I'm thinking maybe I'd better repaint.

https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/gallery/album/8654-craftsman-cottage/

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

I had this house in 1/12 scale and it's a beauty and HUGE... great house and for the price even better.

I've always wanted this one. I knew it existed but this might be the first time I've seen the half scale version on eBay. It seems more rare than the Rowhouse.

I thought about contacting the seller to see if she'd be willing to ship it, but I'm not sure I would want to pay that price plus the shipping price on top of it, so I thought maybe I should wait and see if it gets any bids first. The exterior's nice but the inside needs a total redo.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 6:00 AM, havanaholly said:

Why not go with the white trim to match the dormer window?  Maybe leave the porch railing the color it is, to see if you like it any better.

The window in the dormer is unpainted bare wood. The as-found pics show the house with its original white windows, but those seemed to stick out like a sore thumb with the other two colors.

1 minute ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Kells:drool2:

OMgosh....message the seller and ask.  Are you bidding on this?

I'm not bidding, much as I'd love to have it. The pub sold for $1,600. A bit much for my purse! I think I will ask the seller if there's a link to past works. I'll post it if there is.

50 minutes ago, Kells said:

I'm not bidding, much as I'd love to have it. The pub sold for $1,600. A bit much for my purse! I think I will ask the seller if there's a link to past works. I'll post it if there is.

Too busy for a blog or website. Said has pics on Facebook page. No link to said Facebook page given. I'm not replying to ask for it.

EDIT: @Mid-life madnessThe curtness of my reply was not directed at you. I'm just a bit peeved by the unhelpful, curt reply I received from the seller.

Edited by Kells

2 hours ago, Kells said:

Too busy for a blog or website. Said has pics on Facebook page. No link to said Facebook page given. I'm not replying to ask for it.

EDIT: @Mid-life madnessThe curtness of my reply was not directed at you. I'm just a bit peeved by the unhelpful, curt reply I received from the seller.

No worries Kells.

Artists are so temperamental :D

7 minutes ago, Kbonno said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/164345405690323/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

This is a Hofco for sale in North Carolina.  Not sure if that is a good/fair price?

**choke** NO, $500 is not a fair price. I have that house and I paid $35 for it off Craigslist. Hofco houses are my favorites, but they're not that rare. Keep looking, something will come up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw those; I'd have shorted out the keyboard big time!

Edited by havanaholly
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Kbonno said:

I didn’t think so!  I offered less but she would not go lower than $450 claiming she saw one for sale for $1500!?!  Of course, for sale does not mean sold. 

$1500? Sure she did. Maybe for a Lawbre farmhouse, which I would love to have but not for $1500. Most people think a farmhouse is a farmhouse. I'll admit mine was a rare bargain, so don't hold your breath for $35 (I hope it happens for you though!). I *might* pay upwards of $150 but that would be the most I'd go.

I just had another look at mine and realized the one on that listing has the wrap-around porch. Mine doesn't, so it's the less expensive model. Not that I care, since mine has a kitchen addition on the side, which the porch would interfere with anyway.

• Like 1

Damn this category, it sent me down the rabbit hole of Craigslist this morning! Best bargain of the year IMO, a Walmer Nob Hill for only $100!!

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/bab/d/winder-doll-house/7362071060.html

For point of reference, this was the dollhouse model featured in an episode of Friends. I have never, not once, seen one for sale before.

00w0w_e8YC0eQLNLEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Monicas-doll-house-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1