Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

On 2/6/2021 at 9:56 AM, Qubanqtee said:

No the seller was representing that she was selling an actual dollhouse - it was around $400? If I remember correctly ... she had several “houses”’listed for sale none of which she actually had in her possession and she was selling multiples - as if she had a warehouse of high end houses she was liquidating .. I actually initiated a conversation with her and she gave me all the victim plays one can imagine - bottom line tho she said she had a red  one (the shadow cliff) for sale.  A total fraud - what she didn’t count on was everyone who visited her site figuring out she was a sham.  @felthen will get her money back but it’s annoying you have to fight for your money.

Unless she is now a ghost, she is gone from Etsy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Unless she is now a ghost, she is gone from Etsy.

I think she fled Etsy, or they banned her in that particular form. And yes it should be easy to get money back from Etsy or Paypal protection folks. 

11 hours ago, Medieval said:

Is that the same lady? Idk whatsto keep her from starting a new eBay account and keep the scam rolling?

That seller has a feedback record which seems fine  - i think the Etsy scammer had very little feedback if any as I recall. That's always something I look at - even if sellers seems totally legit, I have a hard time committing to someone with very little feedback. People can fake it, so it has to be a decent amount over a goodly amount of time. 

20 hours ago, Medieval said:

Thanks for tip. I still haven't every bought anything on eBay yet.

I've been buying off ebay for years - I think it's important look at feedback (and check that their feedback is as a seller and not just a buyer), how long they have been selling, and always read the shipping/return notes. I have no probelms asking the seller questions too, the way they respond is also useful sometimes. I also only use paypal on ebay - it offers extra protection. I know ebay and paypal parted ways, but you can still choose that option. 

I like Etsy too - tho with the hoax Felthen uncovered/experienced I'm more alert now than I felt I had to be. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I've been buying off ebay for years - I think it's important look at feedback (and check that their feedback is as a seller and not just a buyer), how long they have been selling, and always read the shipping/return notes. I have no probelms asking the seller questions too, the way they respond is also useful sometimes. I also only use paypal on ebay - it offers extra protection. I know ebay and paypal parted ways, but you can still choose that option. 

I like Etsy too - tho with the hoax Felthen uncovered/experienced I'm more alert now than I felt I had to be. 

I completely agree...that feed back is the best resource we have to defend ourselves against fraudulent listings.  I have only had one or two poor experiences on Ebay and the feedback wouldn't of been of any use to prevent me from purchasing - just turned out yucky.  Overall tho, it's been a great resource for Mini's 

I, too love Etsy and read feedback...it's the pricey items I hesitate on if they dont have any reviews....but overall my experience has been pleasant.

Etsy issued me a full refund on the shadowcliff dollhouse today. So I have my money back.  Thank you everyone for your emotional support. It was appreciated. I will be more careful in future about checking seller feedback and length of time the shop has been open. But all is well that ends well...

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Felthen said:

Etsy issued me a full refund on the shadowcliff dollhouse today. So I have my money back.  Thank you everyone for your emotional support. It was appreciated. I will be more careful in future about checking seller feedback and length of time the shop has been open. But all is well that ends well...

Yay!!!!!!!

Tin dollhouse by Cohn in great shape. I have always wanted a tin house. I had one when I was 5 years old and I loved it but it gave me fits! The tabs would loosen and mess up the whole house.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-COHN-66-Doll-House-And-Furniture/254872152327?hash=item3b57906907:g:BccAAOSwm7hgEs4C

That is a really nice house , I strongly considered it. I decided with the current number of projects and the slowww rate That I finish them that I should not get it. Those are nice kits to assemble though, and that one is very complete with nice quality windows and stairs.

• Like 1