Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

26 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

That box looks like it’s in great shape - definitely overpriced as I shipped one and it was just shy of $100 to Miami and I’m in California and it wasn’t too long ago, maybe 6 months. 

18 hours ago, Island-Shack said:

This one is still for sale (big surprise).  It was the one I posted a few months back that had a starting price of $1499.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-Craft-MINIATURE-WONDERLAND-Dollhouse-Lakeside-Manor-930-A-B-KIT-SET-NOS-NRFB/193734251738?hash=item2d1b7614da:g:9e4AAOSwj0NeYsxn

21 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

The prices on dollhouses on eBay have really jumped. Things that are normally close to $100 are now $300+.

Maybe the housing bubble will break soon.

Iexpect with more people practicing stay-at-home our hobby is finally growing.

21 minutes ago, AmandaJC said:

Here's a reasonably priced Emerson Row. I really want it, but I can get another one right now. So someone here should snap it up!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/976572431/greenleaf-emerson-row?ref=user_profile

THANK YOU THANK YOU - It's mine now! Not bad, $110 with shipping. I'm super happy. The last one I saw was $400

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Island-Shack said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU - It's mine now! Not bad, $110 with shipping. I'm super happy. The last one I saw was $400

Oh, I'm so glad! And now I can stop thinking about it! Can't wait to see what you do with it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

The prices on dollhouses on eBay have really jumped. Things that are normally close to $100 are now $300+.

Maybe the housing bubble will break soon.

20 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Iexpect with more people practicing stay-at-home our hobby is finally growing.

This is true!  I used to buy an IGMA furniture pieces off eBay when they would come up every so often.  They were running around $30 for a 1/12 piece and $20 for 1/24 item.  It was fun to find his furniture to add to my stash to fill certain houses.  Of late, the last auction I tried to bid on, went for over $300!  All of them the past 6 months have skyrocketed like that.  While it is good for the Artisan and the seller on eBay (and eBay too), his pieces are now out of my price range.  Makes me treasure the items I have all the more!

13 hours ago, Island-Shack said:

Awesome Bobie!  So glad you were able to get that one!  Hopefully more on your list will appear and you can purchase.  It is one of the fun things about this hobby. :cucumber:

• Like 1

Matt, auctions are another sore point in our house; the hubs likes to play with them, but both online and locally people who are apparently bored out of their tiny little minds seem to love running prices 'way over what things are worth.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:58 PM, AmandaJC said:

Oh, I'm so glad! And now I can stop thinking about it! Can't wait to see what you do with it. 

YAY I love it when Greenleaf Bargain Sleuths share their findings and keep it in the family - love this thread!

Edited by Elsbeth
  • Like 1

This is an interesting take/bash of the RGT Newport/New Haven Kit.  It is something I would not have thought of doing.  Not a bad price if you are in the area for local pickup.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Tudor-Doll-House/143979363443?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

4 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

This is an interesting take/bash of the RGT Newport/New Haven Kit.  It is something I would not have thought of doing.  Not a bad price if you are in the area for local pickup.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Tudor-Doll-House/143979363443?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Is it me, or are the two downstairs rugs and the upstairs right hand room rug all the same pattern?