Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

5 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I am surprised that I didn't see this one before. Rare American Craft Products, Golden Gate View kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Gate-View-American-Craft-Products-Vintage-Dollhouse-Kit-1-12/174574115511?hash=item28a56d9ab7:g:yy4AAOSwCKxf6PVi

that was just posted last night - a rare kit indeed!

I love that roombox. Such a classy kitchen. It's interesting how the trim around the hood area looks like a fireplace surround... I might try that trick in a future kitchen.

4 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

thats a great hack to use a fireplace on the surround.  My only change would be to push the surround back just  smidge but I love what they did overall! great box!

I agree, I'd want a little counter space on each side of the stove.

• Like 1

Caution. There is an etsy seller listing doll houses right now and claiming they are hers. She(?) is using pictures of dollhouses off the web. I know because sadly I was taken in. She had picture of a Shadowcliff my favorite dollhouse ever and in good shape. So I purchased it. I did not recognize it at first, but it looked familiar and after some research the photo was lifted from the House of Broel dollhouse museum website. So yes it is THAT Shadowcliff dollhouse . So clearly I am not getting the dollhouse. I complained to etsy complete with links and as far as I can tell they are not interested in doing anything. They have happily charged my card and not only is the seller continuing to do  buisness  but she has boldly expanded. The Shadowcliff for instance as i write this is now back up on her site and showing as low in stock  having only 2 left. HahHa. Please don't laugh at me so hard you bust something. I feel bad enough already. I just saw that  picture and hit click to buy.  My inner child was clearly in charge . but she has several other dollhouses listed and those look familiar as well . I don't know how to link her store and don't even think I should bit if you PM me I will give you the info and you can look for yourself and maybe get a picture removed if it is yours. By the way as an aside I called House of Broel and Bonnie talked to me confirming it is one of her photos but assured me that she was not selling her Shadowcliff for 375.00 (worth a laugh for those of you know the history of the house.)

@Felthen

I am so sorry you were taken advantage of. Please PM me the seller info and I will contact Etsy to complain of the fraud, maybe enough of us can get them to ban this crook.

Edited by Mid-life madness

If you paid for something and the seller didn't send it to you, you are entitled to a refund. Can't you dispute the charge with PayPal or your credit card company?

I found the listing and reported it. I would think Bonnie would also want to report it since it's her dollhouse.

• Like 1

Thank you Susie for trying. I appreciate the noise to Etsy. I reported it to my card already, and they refused to dispute it because I admitted that before I realized it was a fraud I had purchased it. So according to them it is purchased and I have to document the purchase and wait until it doesn't come or is the wrong item and call back with the earlier complaint I think that they will believe me and I will eventually get my money back. I am kind of sad that there is no lovely dollhouse for sale and coming to me free shipping. It is kind of like being told there is no Santa Clause. I did talk with Bonnie who was kind. She looked up the listing photo and identified not only the dollhouse but also the chandelier, curtains etc in the background. I told her I would give her a call she didn't think Etsy would do much but she would be amused the seller now has multiples of her dollhouse to sell. And that picture is hers.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, madtex1967 said:

Is it just me, or is this a bit disturbing?  I just can't see a room where this would be appropriate.  Am I missing something or can someone tell me more?  Then the seller is asking a lot of $$, comparing it to another retailer's price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baby-Doll-Sconce-Grey-Brand-New-Still-in-Box-Houzz-Sells-them-for-390-00-/254815330422?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

BTW, still no response on the Free House :dunno:

he dropped it to $190, lol https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baby-Doll-Sconce-Grey-Brand-New-Still-in-Box-Houzz-Sells-them-for-390-00/254823176779

that's an odd one. Maybe halloween decor - but who wants to install a wall sconce for the holidays?

On 12/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, madtex1967 said:

OMG!  This appeared 3 days ago for FREE!  I have made an offer and sent a message to the seller, but still not reply!  Ugh!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1029673124/

I at least want to know where it went if they did give it away! Of if they gave it away at all. I was hoping it would go to you!