New Kit From HBS

queenannediva

I knew they were working on a new kit, but I didn't it was available yet.

Says it's out of stock. I hope we get a notice from HBS when they are ready to ship out!

Oh, I'm SO glad Greenleaf makes it! At one point DH & I seriously considered getting one to live on, because we love being on the water, but our income wasn't up to the lifestyle!lol I will start saving my pennies for that one.

Oh, I'm SO glad Greenleaf makes it! At one point DH & I seriously considered getting one to live on, because we love being on the water, but our income wasn't up to the lifestyle!lol I will start saving my pennies for that one.

My late husband and I lived on a boat for three years while we were in California, docked in the back bay at Newport Beach. It was a 46-foot flush deck Chris Craft. We loved it. The only problem was that we were both working, which meant we needed to find help to keep it up. A vintage wooden boat needs a lot of upkeep. And the young men who hired on for the job really preferred to be at the beach and frequently were.

Before he died, we talked about buying a "Tupperware" boat for when we retired.

At any rate, this little houseboat looks like a lot of fun!

That does look like a fun build. When I was a teen, my parents took us for a holiday on a houseboat. We had such a great time. I'll bet that it will be the Creatin' Contest for 2007.

-Susanne

ok, sorry about that, fingers hit the wrong buttons evidently:). Susanne, when I saw the picture of the houseboat I thought the same thing. I think you're probably right.

Kat

This is a wonderful kit! My thoughts were also that it would be the theme for next years contest. Guess I know what I'll be saving up for!

• 5 weeks later...