Mini-jingles

Deb

We all know how we treat our mini houses just like we do our big houses. Okay, to be honest, the mini houses usually get more attention (especially when it comes to spring cleaning), but that's beside the point. :welcome:

It occured to me that now that the holidays are "officially" here, there are a lot of us who will be decorating our mini homes too. I know Teresa does up her Beacon Hill in fabulous holiday fare and I'm willing to bet she'll be working on that before too long. <propping chin in hands> Let's chatter about holiday decor and share some ideas.

This is only the second Christmas that I've been mini-ing, but last year, I started decorating my Pierce and it delighted me! It's just soooooo cool to do the holiday decorating in mini. I have a battery powered lighted tree that goes in the bay window, lights that I put up around the eaves outside and wooden soldiers to stand sentry by the front door. I put red, green and gold garland around the front porch and other little holiday lawn ornaments here and there.......just the basics for the most part. I've collected some other pieces this year to add to it and am looking forward to getting it all set up.

So, what do you do to decorate your mini houses for the holidays? If you have more than one house, do you decorate them all? Do you do both the interior and exterior? Do you have all the teeny little interior charmers like placemats and table settings and fancy treats in the dining room? Is there mistletoe hanging in the door? Do you have lights that light up? Presents under the tree? Stockings on the fireplace? Do you put a bow on the cat? What is your favorite piece of holiday decor? And how many of you have a house or roombox designated just for the holidays?

Of course, you know all this leads to eye candy. <cackle>

Deb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first Christmas mini-ing, and the only dollhouse I have completed is the Orchid in my avatar. I bought some tinsely pipecleaner craft whatsits at Hobby Lobby the other day and have made some garlands for the porch and a dozen green wreaths with red bows. (now, if I could find the Mini-Wax to hang them ...).

And while we were at the VA the other day for DH's annual check-up, I found some cute little Santa salt & pepper shakers just the right size for the front porch.

I'm sure I'll find time to do some decorating inside as well, as soon as the Thanksgiving holiday, Ernie's Creatin' Contest, and other stuff gets out of the way. (Other stuff = getting the Real House Christmas decorations out of the closet)

As you all know I have the Elf Bakery and Mr and Mrs Santa's house out all year. I do have trees for the insides complete with ornaments. My houses are all set in a time in history so the amount of decorating varies. I usually do more for my mini houses than my real house. It's just so much easier to do. I want to hit the scrapbook store near me for Christmas papers for the Elf workshop ( to be built next year hopefully). I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating.

I have a battery operated tree and have been gathering some garland for it. This is my first year with a completed house and really it is almost two so I have to figure out everything I want to do. I also have some wreaths and candy canes I bought awhile ago. I also bought some trees from one of those Christmas villages that have a little white on them so my outsides may have some snow.

I always 'deck out' my real house for christmas and my garfield is no different :jumping: . I have a tree with battery operated lights that goes in the bay window, sparkly pipe cleaner as garland for the staircase and porch railings. Outside is where I go nuts :welcome: . I put down the rolled 'snow' you get in the christmas department and add sparkly flakes to it and 'dust' the roof with. Then I put lights on the shrubs around the porch, a lighted tree with no leaves I picked up years ago, a big pine tree covered with snow that I put spot lights on and more that I keep adding to each year. I can't wait to get started and of course I will share pics when it's all decorated. ;)

I have a box FILLED with stuff I have been accumulating for the last few weeks. I can't wait to start decorating my Garfield for Christmas! I have a tree with battery operated lights that will go in the bay window of course. Stocking for the fireplace and a ton of other things. Will post pics when it's done.

Tracy, I will get eye candy after I have put some caffiene in my system... :welcome:

First year for me. I turned the MHM around so you can only see the finished front. So far I have a mini tree in the "not there" front yard and put battery operated lights on it. I found my small metal nutcracker and put him on the front porch.

I am going to wait until after thanksgiving to do more.

although I have a tub of Christmas Minis

last yr was the first time I had a Christmas mini.

the Mckinley I built is a winter/snowman house and I have taken it off the shelf and swept the dust out of it and off the furniture. all the lights are working and new lights added. and it will be placed on top of the entertainment center today.

as for other houses....none of mine are decorated much for anyday so no I wont do anything to them.

oh Wal-mart had battery opperated mini lights for 2.97 I got 3 and one fit perfectly around the Christmas tree in the Livingroom of the McKinley.

so far that is the only new thing I put in.

nutti :welcome:

Like the sound if this :welcome: and as for me, well I do have a Christmas roombox that is only out in the "open" so to speak around Christmas so that will be brought soon, will take pics of it as I can't seem to find any good ones, then there is the Aster I am currently working on to make into a permantly Santa's cottage, have the tree, just need to find some suitable lights and decorations for it though.

Hugs

I found some gorgeous christmas tree kits online the other day. The downside is that after you get the tree kit and the separate accessory kit, it's minimally 75 dollars for a 6-8 inch tree. I don't think it's worth it!!!!!! They aren't "that" pretty. In fact, I didn't pay that much for my real life full sized artificial tree!

I found a great battery operated tree at Michaels on thursday, it was 40% off so I believe i paid 9 dollars for it. It's decorated but i found some other little tiny decorations for it at Hobby Lobby.

I found some great presents on ebay for 10 dollars, they are beautifully done for the price and now i don't have to worry about making my own! I'm not sure which house will be decorated tho! It may not go into any house this year, but next year i plan to have one of my bigger houses completed, landscaped and ready to decorate seasonally. Not sure which one that will be yet! I'm leaning toward the Farmhouse 505 tho.

I can't wait to see eveyone's pictures!!!

I'm making progress. <grinning> I got out the box of Christmas decor and took it up to the living room where it's sitting beside the Pierce now. That's a step in the right direction isn't it? I still need to paint a couple of nutcracker soldiers for the front steps. I got some already painted ones last year that I used, but then I found the unpainted ones at Michaels and decided I'd have a whole platoon of them this year. Not that I need more, but they looked like they'd just be fun to paint. I have some smaller ones too. What is is about nutcracker soldiers that just goes so well with minis?

I think I'll go make some stockings to hang on the fireplace.

Deb

I hope to bring out my decorations tomorrow for my Lily. A mini tree with lights, wrapped gifts, the clay santa and lighted sled to go on the roof. Little bows for the windows. Yep, tomorrow DGD's and I will decorated the Lily (or rather today, I need to go to bed did not realize it was so late B) ) :yikes:

I know Teresa does up her Beacon Hill in fabulous holiday fare and I'm willing to bet she'll be working on that before too long. <propping chin in hands>

How'd you know Deb?!! B) Actually I've been giving it a great deal of thought, but haven't done much about it yet. I'm having a 'Gingerbread House Making Party' for some friends, so I'll have to get it done before December 10th. Will probably work on it a bit this weekend in between retiling the bathroom floor.

I have a few new things to add this year . . . but you all will just have to wait for the pictures!! :yikes:

Just love these holiday pages!!

I decided this year to just make a special Christmas scene. It's not going to be a permanent one, because when I get a chance to start my "haunted" house, I will use everything from the scene in it to make it a Christmas house. I'll be sure to post pictures, though!

How'd you know Deb?!! :unsure:

<grinning> Coz you've never let us down with beautiful eye candy, especially at the holidays. With the recent remodeling, I figured they'd be even better than ever. I'm still ooohing and aaahing from the pictures of the BH last year.

I have a few new things to add this year . . . but you all will just have to wait for the pictures!!

<pouting> Well, okay. We'll wait.......but not too long! If we don't see pictures soon, we'll be planning a road trip to your house to see it in person! (just a quiet little mob scene of 1300 people on your lawn clamoring to see the BH. Since we like you, we'll leave the torches at home.)

I just finished the Pierce decorating (at least for now). Pics coming soon.

Deb

I'm back. Pics are here. Have you ever noticed that when you look at holiday decorations in the box, you think there's a lot of it until you start putting it up and then it doesn't seem like nearly as much. I gotta keep working on that holiday collection! I can see where this is going to be a long term goal to have a full ensemble for Christmas.

But the strangest thing happened when I was taking the pictures. I decided to update a few other pictures since I've added some things to the Pierce lately and just clicked away here and there. I'm a horrible photographer so I believe that photography is like that theory that 300 monkeys typing for 300 years will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare. :unsure: I just keep taking pictures in hopes that out of a hundred, I'll come up with one or two good ones. Well, I lucked out this time with this picture. It's not a holiday picture, but I just gotta share it with you coz it's one of those "mini-delight" moments that we all love. Look at the reflection in the mirror. Isn't that just cool! <grinning sheepishly> Okay, so I really am easily entertained.

Deb

:angry: oooooooo what a wonderful photo!

I too long for those special shots! ya done good!

now Im gonna go look at the Peirce.

nutti :doh:

OOOOOOO :unsure: AAHHHHH

its been a while since I have visited your wonderful house!

love the girls!

you can find lights with battery packs for the tree at wal-marts.

they are very tiny bulbs. looks great on my tree.

I love your curtains! and the colors are so warm and inviting!

ty for sharing

nutti

Ooohhh that was a lovely tour. So prettily decorated.

I've been doing intense research as my house is dated to 1940 England. First wartime Christmas. I did decorate a tree for it yesterday, but I still have to figure out how to make a holly bough... looks like it'll be green paper and scissors :unsure:

I should have photos in a couple days.

No plans to decorate ours. We have some mini decorations, but there is other stuff going on. I have decided to do the orchid as a gingerbread house. I have been collecting mini faux candy ornaments and others from Walmart and the dollar store. I really don't need to have another house going. Besides we all know how fast I work on a dollhouse. At the speed of really slow.