Mini-jingles

Deb

Clay would probably work. I used tape and when the straw started to melt it pulled way from the tape and leaked.

I've never had the straw melt. I think for the bottom I just held it to a sheet of heavy cardstock or wax paper. I do it one drop at a time. It solidifies by the time the next drop comes. I use a smaller candlestick when I make them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santa Dean, I want a really big :jumping: retired Greenleaf Kit! Really Really Big, and really really retired! I have been very good this year Santa Dean!

<standing in line behind Heidi> <mumbling to myself> Good all year. Oh boy, I can't say I've been that. I've teased Glen and Linda and Holly and Peggi (well, okay, so I've teased everyone), and I've whacked people with rolled up wallpaper, and......and.......and..........oh, boy. The good thing isn't going to work for me this year. <sighing> Guess I'll just have to come up with new ideas of what to do with lumps of coal.

Deb

I want a really big :jumping: retired Greenleaf Kit! Really Really Big, and really really retired! I have been very good this year Santa Dean!
<sighing> Guess I'll just have to come up with new ideas of what to do with lumps of coal.

if being the exceptional goodie goodie gets a BIG house would the lumps of coal be a sugarplum

I think you could do wonderful things with that kind of lump of coal?

I would like something less large....I would like to see a photo of the head hancho....or the whole greenleaf gang!

and I have only been a little naughty.(hangs head in shame)

nutti :( :w00t:

I would like to see a photo of the head hancho
click on MiniMan and it'll take you to the info page with Dean's picture, and then you'll understand why IMHO he's MUCH cuter than Brad Pitt!

I would like to see a photo of...the whole greenleaf gang!

Me, too!

<standing in line behind Heidi> <mumbling to myself> Good all year. Oh boy, I can't say I've been that. I've teased Glen and Linda and Holly and Peggi (well, okay, so I've teased everyone), and I've whacked people with rolled up wallpaper, and......and.......and..........oh, boy. The good thing isn't going to work for me this year. <sighing> Guess I'll just have to come up with new ideas of what to do with lumps of coal.

Deb

Now, Deb, good depends on how you look at it. You always make the rest of us laugh and I see lots of good in that. :jumping:

Carrie

I agree Deb, you make everyones day by making us laugh and smile. I consider that very good. :w00t:

I'm still putting up the christmas decorations on the garfield, too many interuptions it making me take longer than I hoped.:( And now the biggest distraction was just delivered by the mailman, my little box from hbs that I ordered during their turkey day sale :yikes: . I just want to rip it open and go to my own little world (no pun intended) but I have to many other things to get done today. :jumping:

OH, Annette ... I feel for you! When the magic boxes arrive, I just HAVE to open them and pet the little goodies inside!

And then one thing usually leads to another, and . . . well, you know.

I've teased ...Holly ...(well, okay, so I've teased everyone), and I've whacked people with rolled up wallpaper, and......and.......and..........oh, boy

Well, dear heart, SOMEBODY has to be on the "naughty" list! and I can't think of anyone better to keep Glen company (cackling and ducking from a wallpaaper swat!)

Deb

You're teasing has helped keep us sane and as Holly said someone has to keep Glen in line or he would have the whole gang after us. So IMHO, that earns you 'brownie" points.

On another note, I've been good, cause tending to all these sick folks this year hasn't given me time to be bad. :ohyeah::p

<whispering> I have a theory after seeing those pictures of all the Greenleaf houses in the movie "The Santa Clause". I'm completely convinced that Greenleaf is at the North Pole and Dean is really Santa Claus. <nodding> Think about it...........this is the busiest time of year for Dean and he's the most generous person any of us know and everyone wants a dollhouse under the tree..........therefore, Dean is Santa! Anyway, the point I'm leading up to is that if you ask Dean if he can lend you some elves, maybe he'll send some to you. Instead of wearing pointed hats and curly toed shoes, they'll be wearing Greenleaf aprons made by Tracy. :ohyeah:

Deb

Dean is Santa Claus?? Are we supposed to keep it a secret?

-Susanne

Deb

But Deb, you're very very good at teasing. I think Santa will take that into consideration when he's balancing his naughty and nice list.

Anyway, look on the bright side - there's got to be something you can create out of a lump of coal.

-Susanne

On another note, I've been good, cause tending to all these sick folks this year hasn't given me time to be bad. :ohyeah::p

<hooking my arm thru Peggi's> Well, we still have time to fix that!! Here's a spool of thread and a needle. Come with me and we'll go sew everyone's socks shut. <looking around> Ooops. I think they heard that. <putting hands behind my back and smiling angelically> What? We were just going to mend some stockings, that's all. Right Peggi?

Anyway, look on the bright side - there's got to be something you can create out of a lump of coal.

<grinning> Oh, I've already thought of that! I'll make earrings out of them and market them as "future diamond earrings". Or I'll put eyes and feet on 'em and make pet rocks! I love pet rocks. I've had mine since 1973. His name is Sam.

I still want a hippopotamus for Christmas.

Deb

I still want a hippopotamus for Christmas.

What color?

One year our oldest son wanted a harmonica and when we wrapped it DH had me put it into a much larger box and crammed it so full of wadded paper it wouldn't rattle when shaken. When DS#1 asked what was in the big box with his name on it DH told him "an elephant" and went on about how hard he & I pushed & squeezed to get that elephant into the box! (I had to leave the room before I wet myself trying not to explode into laughter!)

*standing in line again, Waiting, Standing Waiting.....* *Checking to make sure safety pins are secure...*

"Um...Santa Dean? Hi, it is me again. I am sorry I didnt mention this before."

*Whipping Deb around from behind me*

"Santa Dean, this is my siamese twin Deb! I know you didnt see her the other day but that is besides the point.. Deb would also like a hippopotomas for christmas. Preferably one that wont bite her."

What color?

A green one with black spots!! That way if animal control comes around, I can tell them it's a frog and he's just tall for his age. But after hearing your story, I know I'll never ask for a harmonica. <shaking head> I don't need an elephant.

"Santa Dean, this is my siamese twin Deb! I know you didnt see her the other day but that is besides the point.. Deb would also like a hippopotomas for christmas. Preferably one that wont bite her."

Hi Santa Dean! Yep, I'm Heidi's siamese twin. As you can see, we're joined at the tail. <looking around in surprise> Tail??? <whispering to Heidi> Couldn't you have made it joined at the elbow or something? One of those safety pins just came loose and it's poking me. :lol:

<grinning> Did y'all know that the little girl who sang that song in the 50's really did get a hippopotamus for Christmas? It was originally recorded to draw attention to a local zoo that needed a hippo. After she did the song, radio stations everywhere took up collections and bought a hippo for her. They gave it to her, and then she presented it to the zoo. I think the moral of that is to be careful what you ask for coz you might end up with a hippo in the living room.

<pausing to think about that> <looking around the living room where there are already five houses in addition to all the furniture> Hmmm. Maybe I should re-think this........

:lol:

<singing> I want a pretty Willowcrest for Christmas...........only a pretty Willowcrest will doooooooo.......

Deb

My dad is an artist and always did an incredible job wrapping our Christmas gifts.

For his grandsons, a few years ago,he built a 5' dollhouseout of cardboard. It had a gable roof, chimney and windows and doors. He stuffed the dollhouse with foam chips and presents. He then attached long ribbons to each of the presents and had the other ends of the ribbon coming out the doors, windows, and chimney. The gifts were for my nephews. To "unwrap" their gifts they had to pull their presents out through the doors, windows and chimney. He had blue ribbons for Michael and red ribbons for Jeffrey. They loved it.

-Susanne

What? We were just going to mend some stockings, that's all. Right Peggi?

Of course :lol: :lol: (whispering to Deb "just how big a needle to we need that will go thru thick socks but not sew thru the toe?)

Uh, Deb ... have you checked the level in the Christmas cheer bottle lately? A bit below the mark on the label, is it? :lol:

<giggling> Wanna know the sad thing? I don't drink anymore, so all this comes from stone cold sober. Kinda scary, isn't it.

Of course :lol: :lol: (whispering to Deb "just how big a needle to we need that will go thru thick socks but not sew thru the toe?)
A regular sewing needle will work just fine. (not that I've ever done this before, mind you) <handing over a box of catnip> Here, sprinkle some of this in the socks before you sew 'em shut. The kitties might as well join in on the fun. <cackle> Think about wearing socks permeated with catnip around your favorite furbaby.

My dad is an artist and always did an incredible job wrapping our Christmas gifts.

Susanne, that is just the sweetest thing. Your dad really knew how to make Christmas morning memorable.

Deb

I decorate my house only on the inside as it is so big if I make a front yard and decorate it I could never get it through a doorway. I have made red/white/green garland out of yarn by crotcheting a chain stitch. I wind it up the stair rail. I have hung it around the doorways and windows. Every year my ideas change. I, too, have a battery operated Christmas tree. Some of the gifts under the tree were bought, some were homemade. The table is set with good dishes and glassware. Mom is in the kitchen cooking. There is food everywhere, some of which I made. I like to decroate my house for every holiday just like I do my real house. At least the dollhouse stays the way I put it and nobody moves anything :lol: I have lots of reading here and am sure I will come up with more ideas for my house no matter what holiday it is.

Happy Holidays to all

Happy Hanukkah

Merry Christmas

God Yul

:lol: :lol:

*Checking to make sure safety pins are secure...Deb would also like a hippopotomas for christmas. Preferably one that wont bite her."
One of those safety pins just came loose and it's poking me.

Deb doesn't have to worry about the hippo biting her in the derriere, Heidi, your open "safety" pins have already done it!

all this comes from stone cold sober. Kinda scary, isn't it

I wouldn't know (ducking and running for cover), I don't drink and I'm perpetually like this (according to DH, who is still asleep at the moment or he'd be down on the floor rolling around, convulsed with laughter). This is too early in the AM... I have this mental image for a pair of dolls!

Speaking of cardboard....

I have cardboard. I have a dd that is pinging me about her dh art project... I have no idea!

Where is the bottle of super industrial strength Greenleaf Apple Pucker when you need it?

I put a few pics of my Marquam Hill mansion with it`s small bit of christmas cheer in my gallery..but here is a taste...

Front porch with nutcracker, two dollar store rocking chairs, and you can see the pile of pressies in the foyer!

I put a few pics of my Marquam Hill mansion with it`s small bit of christmas cheer in my gallery

I didn't see them in your gallery. What category are they under?

I didn't see them in your gallery. What category are they under?

Heidi's MGM gallery is here. (Heidi's gallery is like mine and you have to drill down thru the links to find them all)

Heidi, it's just lovely! Very elegant and festive!

Deb