Mini-jingles

Deb

Deb: As many times as I look at your beautiful Pierce, each time I find something else that just amazes me. Now it looks so festive and inviting. Please, make the sister's guest take off their shoes at the door, so they don't mar the floor. :angry: .

(mumbling to self==get off lazy fanny and find your own box of goodies and get started decorating--these members have just way to much energy for us lazy folks) :unsure:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention that I do not decorate my all my houses . I am going to some day do my Newberg but I have been trying to work on my Garfield. I do have a christmas house that I am going to post pictures of as soon as I get time and of course I 'm not decorating the Haunted House although as I think of it decorating it with some Christmas decorations would be kind of eerie :unsure:

I've been doing intense research as my house is dated to 1940 England. First wartime Christmas.

Oh, now that sounds just really cool!! I'll be eagerly anticipating the pictures! I love historical accuracy!

I 'm not decorating the Haunted House although as I think of it decorating it with some Christmas decorations would be kind of eerie
<giggling> I kinda like the sounds of that! Sort of a Nightmare Before Christmas kind of thing. LOL

I should hopefully start decorating mine today once I get everything around my real house done.

Ooooh!! Pictures!!! Yay!!

I will post pics when I'm done.
And more pictures!!! This is better than Christmas! Oh wait, it is Christmas! <giggling> The more pictures, the better. Christmas eye candy is the best!

(mumbling to self==get off lazy fanny and find your own box of goodies and get started decorating--these members have just way to much energy for us lazy folks)

<giving Peggi a shove and hauling her up off the chair> C'mon dear. That Lily is just screaming for your attention. Does the tree go in the bay window? Do we need to get some strong mini-men to move the pool table?

Deb

My pictures are posted.

My Orchid is at Orchid

My Bayberry which I haven't quite finished but stopped some of the normal decorating to do the Christmas decorating. This is the tacky neighbor that every neighborhood has. :yes:

Bayberry

I may do a few more things. I'm thinking about candles in the windows and I can't find my wreaths, so if I find them in my workroom I will add them.

Enjoy!! :D

I use cocktail sipping stirrers (small straws) and get them at the grocery store. I've seen them in walmart too. Check the aisle where the plastic utensils and paper plates/party supplies are. If they aren't there, check the beverage section where they keep the cocktail mixers. If they don't have them, a liquor store will.

Your Orchid and Bayberry look so festive Carrie!

Deb

walmart sells mini lights!!! *( looking around office nervously to see if anyone would notice If I was gone)* now I HAVE to go there tonight, because ive been looking for some cheap ones. thanks nutti!

Deb your pierce looks incredible!! I love your "ladies of the house" too, everything is perfect!! thank you so much for the eye candy!

-Jenny

walmart sells mini lights!!! *( looking around office nervously to see if anyone would notice If I was gone)* now I HAVE to go there tonight, because ive been looking for some cheap ones. thanks nutti!

Deb your pierce looks incredible!! I love your "ladies of the house" too, everything is perfect!! thank you so much for the eye candy!

-Jenny

I got some nonworking lights at Michaels as well.

Deb, it looks like the 'sisters' are all ready for their holiday entertaining! The house looks wonderful and very festive!!

I still have ideas brewing, but nothing has come of it yet. We just finished decorating our real house (well for the most part, Brian still has to put up the#(#(&%#$(( icicle lights on the house!! LOL!! He hates those lights, but I must have them!! :D

I'm making a list . . . hmmm . . . finish swap items . . . plan lunch for friend on Wednesday . . . get gingerbread houses baked for party on the 10th . . . put up Christmas tree . . . decorate interior of real house and Beacon Hill . . . my head hurts!! :D

Do you think Santa would lend me some Elves?? :bounce8:

I think the only tree that is going to get put up is going to be the one in the Lily. I think I'll put it in the bay window in the dining room.

I just don't have time for a tree this year. I don't have a single free weekend before Christmas this year and I haven't even started the shopping!

Kathy

The Small Stuff Archives have directions for making a mini "dried apple" wreath out of cranberries that's on my "someday" list. I have a little tree with "Nutcracker" ballet ornaments and wrapped presents as well as a mini creche set for the Cambridge. I'm still repairing the mouse-damage to it and trying to complete the wooden Orchid to do any decorating, even the 1:1 house we live in!

I don't decorate my dollhouses for Christmas, but I have made a wreath roombox for the season. Instead of buying a kit like this I went to Walmart and got my supplies. The whole project, including the wreath, probably cost under $10. With the help of some foam core, wire, dollar tree furniture, and scrap wood, I made a Christmas living room scene. I gave it to my dad's girlfriend, but I'll probably make another this year. It took one or two evenings to make and everyone was so impressed. And you get to give minis to people who otherwise would never have a roombox or dollhouse displayed.

And you get to give minis to people who otherwise would never have a roombox or dollhouse displayed.

Do you have any photos of the wreath you made? This sounds like a very interesting project!

Do you think Santa would lend me some Elves?? :)

<whispering> I have a theory after seeing those pictures of all the Greenleaf houses in the movie "The Santa Clause". I'm completely convinced that Greenleaf is at the North Pole and Dean is really Santa Claus. <nodding> Think about it...........this is the busiest time of year for Dean and he's the most generous person any of us know and everyone wants a dollhouse under the tree..........therefore, Dean is Santa! Anyway, the point I'm leading up to is that if you ask Dean if he can lend you some elves, maybe he'll send some to you. Instead of wearing pointed hats and curly toed shoes, they'll be wearing Greenleaf aprons made by Tracy. :yes:

I'm working on decorating my Beacon Hill. I'll put up photos when I'm finished.
Oooooooooohhh!! More Christmas eye candy! I can't wait!!

Do you have any photos of the wreath you made? This sounds like a very interesting project!

<nodding in agreement> I'd love to see it too!

Deb

No. I'm bad about taking pictures of projects I do. If she puts it up this year I'll try to snap a picture of it.

Candles. I've made them from cutting down little straws, sticking a thin piece of string in it, and then dripping wax from a burning candle down into it. Then just take your x-acto knife and lightly cut the straw to peel the candle out. It dries quickly and makes pillar candles.

Candles. I've made them from cutting down little straws, sticking a thin piece of string in it, and then dripping wax from a burning candle down into it. Then just take your x-acto knife and lightly cut the straw to peel the candle out. It dries quickly and makes pillar candles.

I have done this before too. You need to be careful or the straw will melt and seal the bottom edge of the straw or the wax will flow out.

I have done this before too. You need to be careful or the straw will melt and seal the bottom edge of the straw or the wax will flow out.

Maybe stick the straw into clay or putty to hold upright and prevent leakage?

<whispering> I have a theory after seeing those pictures of all the Greenleaf houses in the movie "The Santa Clause". I'm completely convinced that Greenleaf is at the North Pole and Dean is really Santa Claus. <nodding> Think about it...........this is the busiest time of year for Dean and he's the most generous person any of us know and everyone wants a dollhouse under the tree..........therefore, Dean is Santa! Anyway, the point I'm leading up to is that if you ask Dean if he can lend you some elves, maybe he'll send some to you. Instead of wearing pointed hats and curly toed shoes, they'll be wearing Greenleaf aprons made by Tracy. :yes:

Deb

*Standing in line with all of the 5 yr olds* *Standing* *Waiting* *Standing* * I can see him! It is Dean..umm I mean SANTA!!*

*Climbing up on Santa Dean`s lap*

Santa Dean, I want a really big :) retired Greenleaf Kit! Really Really Big, and really really retired! I have been very good this year Santa Dean!

I have eaten all of my vegetables. I havent had a fight with my sister in 20 years. My room is relatively clean. and I have paid all my bills..ah I mean done all of my homework!

So please Santa Dean...Please!

What kinda cookies do you like? Whole, 2%, 1%, or skim milk? I will crate the dog!

*smiling for photo with Santa Dean* :w00t:

I don't do the Glencroft as it is perpetually summer there, what with flowers in bloom and birds all around i think they would sucumb to the frost.

but................. I plan on decorating the Fairfield, i already have lots to go on the porch and when it is finished next year its gonna look great, I will have the porch decorating and lit, the front room will have a tree and all the trimmings, the dining room will have a feast laidout, the kitchen will have chiristmas baking and such like going on, the beddrooms will be christmassy too, with stocking laid out and christmas fabric everywhere., its gonna look great ............ but next year