If you could have ANY house...

Jitchiwah

2 minutes ago, amyole said:

One of everything (not that I'm greedy...), which would require a very large RL house to display them

I guess we'll have to settle for visiting one of the fine miniatures museums.

• Like 1

Good point KathieB - if a Genie grants me this wish,  I'll need to remember to include "all the collections in the fine miniature museums", plus my previous listed items, plus a giant house to contain them in. If I'm going to make a magical grab, it should be everything.

6 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Good point KathieB - if a Genie grants me this wish,  I'll need to remember to include "all the collections in the fine miniature museums", plus my previous listed items, plus a giant house to contain them in. If I'm going to make a magical grab, it should be everything.

Orrrrr... You could have your previous listed items in a giant RL house and OWN a fine miniatures museum???? 

Now THAT'S a job I could love!

• Like 2

I want one of those Joseph P. Angel houses. I'd also like a Lawbre Rosedawn.

I have a Newport, Thornhill, and Painted Lady (for my daughter), from RGT. I like what I've got and that's really all I will ever need and have room for. Always wanted a grand house and wanted the Rosedawn but now that I have the Thornhill it kind of checks off that grand house idea for me. I have a house in the box from Greenleaf but forgot what it's called. 

I had no idea that Pottery Barn had dollhouses. They are built for children play. What I think is cool about them is that they are named after the towns I lived near in western Connecticut. And represent the typical structures you would see in those towns.  

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/search/results.html?words=dollhouses&N=0&itemsPerPage=15

• Like 1

I want the 8million dollar doll castle!  It originally lived in a dollhouse shop in Sedona, AZ.  I saw it several times and never dreamed that it would be valued with that price tag! Of course I would want all of the extra furniture that goes with it!  http://www.astolatdollhousecastle.com/gallery/

• Like 1

I dream of the Beacon Hill but I have no space to work on it.   I also don't think I could even get it together with my dyslexia it looks overwhelming.  If someone built the shell for me I would happily decorate it!     I can dream can't I?  :)

On December 23, 2015 at 8:20:48 AM, minilover62 said:

I like this house so much that if I could have it, I wouldn't even mind the pink!! :cucumber:

That is one seriously fabulous house. Who made that? I think I've seen that somewhere before online - I remember it because it's so different but so classic. It reminds me of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. Same shade of pink and vintage tropical elegant or old Hollywood. I'm going to imagine Lana Turner or someone like that lives there!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎13‎:‎55‎, Debora59 said:

At one time I wanted one of Archimod's scale residential models, http://www.ratiomodels.com/single-family-house-models.html 

Any of the first 4 or number 9

I still think one of my all time favorites is Jeremy's scratch build Tudor Mansion.

Gee, thanks Deb!

I do need to finish that house.  I'm not a collector, just a builder.  Although I have seen many amazing examples of houses (most of them here in our forum), I think my eccentric side comes out when I look at possible houses to translate into 1:12 scale.  The Tudor was my attempt to build a house that was borderline practical in terms of size, but also modern so I could experiment with styles and details that you wouldn't see in a traditional Tudor.

If space and money were no object, I would build Casa Loma, a 1:12 scale luxury yacht with a cut-away side exposing all the rooms, or an Arthur Rutenburg home that opened up like a puzzle, so all of the rooms and exterior elevations would be visible.

• Like 1

Its beautifully designed with captivating character. The exterior captured my heart, especially the tall windows and shape of the house, and then of course the grandeur of the interiors. It shaped my expectations and raised the bar for all other houses.

• Like 2