Another Antique House

CheckMouse

CJ,, I couldn't find a #43, they have the same numbers, several of them 0.  Notwithstanding, if the images at the top of the first page are the new ones the house is gorgeous!

Here's a link to CJ's album. After the cover picture, it starts with the newest pictures first. CJ's Antique House. It shows a #43 down a ways in the list. 

Oh, dear! So I guess the pictures don't go in numerical order anymore.  However, I must say they were much easier to upload after the upgrade. But I do hope you all can see the pictures - my cheering section that has been encouraging me all along the way.  :) 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who can't see the image?  All I get is a gray box that says, "Sorry, this content no longer available" . Hmm.

It was a known issue. No particular explanation as to why. It happened in several other places as well.

Here's the link I posted to the album with her new pictures.

Here's a link to CJ's album. After the cover picture, it starts with the newest pictures first. CJ's Antique House. It shows a #43 down a ways in the list. 

Little Miss Appleby is standing tall and proud in the Hobby Hall at our State Fair. I worked on this project for 7 months to the day! She came in with a Third Place Ribbon, which is more than I was expecting, due to the out-of-scale exterior.  If our galleries are still messed up, here is a link to my full album on Facebook. It is marked "public" so you should be able to see it. Appleby Cottage

• Like 1

Your dining table looks just like the one I made for the Washington farmhouse from Jane Harrop's book.  Did you display before & after pictures with it?  I would have been very surprised if it hadn't won an award it's beautiful!

Holly, the table is an HOM kit, It has two rounded "wings" to it, so when it's all put together it's a large oval table. I put one of the wings under the table by the sink, but didn't have room for the other one. 

Yes, I did display an 8.5" by 11" acrylic sign beside it with a picture of the original house, and a picture of an ad from a 1906 magazine, with a dh that looked like what Papa might have been copying from.  When I went to pick up the house the ladies at the Hobby Hall told me it was the hit of the show!  Lots of people stopped to look closely at it. :)  

Now I have to decide what to build for next year. :)  

• Like 2

Holly, the table is an HOM kit, It has two rounded "wings" to it, so when it's all put together it's a large oval table. I put one of the wings under the table by the sink, but didn't have room for the other one. 

Yes, I did display an 8.5" by 11" acrylic sign beside it with a picture of the original house, and a picture of an ad from a 1906 magazine, with a dh that looked like what Papa might have been copying from.  When I went to pick up the house the ladies at the Hobby Hall told me it was the hit of the show!  Lots of people stopped to look closely at it. :)  

Now I have to decide what to build for next year. :)  

I just finished reading your entire album again. I love everything about this project. The history, thinking about the lives of those centered around the original house, and your thoughtful, respectful preservation of their story. I love that you took an unconventional scale and embraced it instead of changing it.  Well done, and may it live on another 100 years.

• Like 2