R Bliss Dollhouse

RBliseDH

So the thing to be wary of with Bliss Houses when buying is that convincing, weathered, aged copies can easily be made because the houses use paper lithograph exterior. Some people sell kits for reproductions, but some people unwittingly (ot otherwise) buy or sell these as originals...so just be on the look out. I'd read up on the markings to expect, the type of hinges, etc - to spot an original accurately as possible. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

So the thing to be wary of with Bliss Houses when buying is that convincing, weathered, aged copies can easily be made because the houses use paper lithograph exterior. Some people sell kits for reproductions, but some people unwittingly (ot otherwise) buy or sell these as originals...so just be on the look out. I'd read up on the markings to expect, the type of hinges, etc - to spot an original accurately as possible. Good luck!

I'm fairly confident that it is original since the original owner had it his entire life. I have found similar versions with a blue roof rather than red online. His also has furniture with it. 

Any idea on value? It seems like the furniture may be worth more than the dollhouse. 

15 minutes ago, RBliseDH said:

...It seems like the furniture may be worth more than the dollhouse. 

Not necessarily; if the house is really original, as the condition of the wood appears, the litho appears to be in fantastic condition and if the furniture is also original, both together would be a real find.

3 hours ago, RBliseDH said:

I'm fairly confident that it is original since the original owner had it his entire life. I have found similar versions with a blue roof rather than red online. His also has furniture with it. 

Any idea on value? It seems like the furniture may be worth more than the dollhouse. 

My guess - if you find buyers who want it (not everyone loves Bliss), the going rate is $200 - $500 for a good one, with furniture or without - depending on how much the buyer wants the particular house.  Looking at Ebay sold listings for Bliss houses will help. Some styles are more sought after (Keyhole porch house), others are not.

• 8 months later...