MICHIGAN GIRL

SMILEYDOLL

LAST TIME I WAS ONLINE, SOMEONE ASKED ME IF I WAS FROM INDIANA. I AM NOT FROM INDIANA BUT RATHER FROM MICHIGAN. WE GO TO INDIANA OFTEN. MY FIRST DOLLHOUSE I PURCHASED FROM SHIPSHEWANA, INDIANA AT THE AUCTION THEY HAVE EVERY WEDNESDAY. IT IS SO MUCH FUN. THERE ARE ANTIQUES AND GENERAL ITEMS. THERE ARE USUALLY AT LEAST 5 OR 6 AUCTIONS GOING ON AT ONCE.

THE DOLLHOUSE I BOUGHT WAS AT THE END OF THE DAY AND NOBODY ELSE WAS INTERESTED. SO I BOUGHT IT FOR FIVE DOLLARS. MIND YOU, IT NEEDED SOME HELP. IT WAS TOGETHER SOMEWHAT. BUT IT HAD NO WALLPAPER OR PAINT. SOMEONE HAD PUT FELT ON A FEW FLOORS FOR CARPET. I HAD TO TEAR THAT OUT. I WORKED ON IT ALL WINTER AND I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME. I WILL PUT UP PICTURES JUST AS SOON AS I CAN. SMILEYDOLL

:hide: to the forum Smileydoll

Indiana is a great place I lived there for years.

Can't wait to see the dollhouse, looking at everyones houses on this forum alway gives me great ideas and inspiration of what i can achieve with practice.

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

its always fun to get a good deal when talking about dollhouses.

do you know which house it is?

Im looking forward to seeing what you did with it!

nutti :wave:

Welcome! I'm from MI too and used to go to Indiana a lot....mostly to get cheap pop and smokes for my mom lol......I've been thru Shipsy but never to one of the flea markets, though I want to go! Was up that way in July and went thru shipsy but it was like 6am there and well, no one but the amish get up that early.......

that and the crazy ones who drive south :wave:

• 4 weeks later...
LAST TIME I WAS ONLINE, SOMEONE ASKED ME IF I WAS FROM INDIANA. I AM NOT FROM INDIANA BUT RATHER FROM MICHIGAN. WE GO TO INDIANA OFTEN. MY FIRST DOLLHOUSE I PURCHASED FROM SHIPSHEWANA, INDIANA AT THE AUCTION THEY HAVE EVERY WEDNESDAY. IT IS SO MUCH FUN. THERE ARE ANTIQUES AND GENERAL ITEMS. THERE ARE USUALLY AT LEAST 5 OR 6 AUCTIONS GOING ON AT ONCE.

THE DOLLHOUSE I BOUGHT WAS AT THE END OF THE DAY AND NOBODY ELSE WAS INTERESTED. SO I BOUGHT IT FOR FIVE DOLLARS. MIND YOU, IT NEEDED SOME HELP. IT WAS TOGETHER SOMEWHAT. BUT IT HAD NO WALLPAPER OR PAINT. SOMEONE HAD PUT FELT ON A FEW FLOORS FOR CARPET. I HAD TO TEAR THAT OUT. I WORKED ON IT ALL WINTER AND I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME. I WILL PUT UP PICTURES JUST AS SOON AS I CAN. SMILEYDOLL

:thumb:Good for you. Wow! What a small world I use to live in indiana near chipsey and I visit my daughter often in Indiana. I to live in michigan now.Many of my things for my dollhouses was purchased in a little shop in Indiana.Now I get my mini stuff in resale shops and rummage sales but I get my paints at W al-mart and Joeannes. I m still new here in Michigan and The Small shoppe closed in kalamazoo. Do you know of any other dollhouse shops in Kalamazoo or South Bend or Paw Paw? :doh: I'm racking my brain trying to find one.

Welcome! I'm from MI too and used to go to Indiana a lot....mostly to get cheap pop and smokes for my mom lol......I've been thru Shipsy but never to one of the flea markets, though I want to go! Was up that way in July and went thru shipsy but it was like 6am there and well, no one but the amish get up that early.......

that and the crazy ones who drive south :D

I love your crazy face. Wow what a small world I often go to Indiana to visit my daughter. I to live in Michigan. :w00t:

Hi and :D to the forum Arnetta. I just know you will find lots of inspiration and friendly people here that will give you oodles of advice when needed and wanted!

Mini-hugs

Welcome to the forum... I would love to go back to Michigan to see all the wonderful mini shops there again. Your so lucky to have so many close by. I used to live in Windsor and was always "across the water"

Aren't those bargains the best!!!

Hey! I'm another Michigander. I live a little south of Kalamazoo, in Vicksburg. Hobby Lobby on West Main Street has dollhouses and miniatures...and if you subscribe to their ads on-line, you get a coupon that's frequently worth 40% off any one item....and you can print it more than once!

At the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, right now, they're doing an exhibit of Frances Light's dollhouses and miniatures. She's from the Gull Lake area (she lives near my boss).

I hate this snow! :D

Hey! I'm another Michigander. I live a little south of Kalamazoo, in Vicksburg.

I hate this snow! :yikes:

I grew up in MI, lived south of Lansing in Charlotte....I have family that lives in Battle Creek....used to love driving out that way during christmas and checking out the lights....very pretty........

I moved down to TN then onto GA about 3 1/2 years ago and boy I don't miss the snow :banana: :o

:thumb:Good for you. Wow! What a small world I use to live in indiana near chipsey and I visit my daughter often in Indiana. I to live in michigan now.Many of my things for my dollhouses was purchased in a little shop in Indiana.Now I get my mini stuff in resale shops and rummage sales but I get my paints at W al-mart and Joeannes. I m still new here in Michigan and The Small shoppe closed in kalamazoo. Do you know of any other dollhouse shops in Kalamazoo or South Bend or Paw Paw? :D I'm racking my brain trying to find one.

I love your crazy face. Wow what a small world I often go to Indiana to visit my daughter. I to live in Michigan. :lol:

Hi Cher, (and ESTHER TOO!)

I am a stones through from you in Holland. If you ever get over this way...let me know. We have a HL, Micheals, Dollar tree( :thumb: ) and THE WEE DOLLHOUSE. I think there is the Bi-annual Doll show this coming Saturday at the CIVIC , downtown, which you would more than likely, find some trouble to get into. I would have to confirm that...I will be at the Annual Chr. school Craft sale across town selling my Amer. Girl clothes, etc. If you feel like venturing this way, let me know!

I have a friend in South Bend, I'll try to ask her sometime soon!

Donna ;)

Hi Cher, (and ESTHER TOO!)

I am a stones through from you in Holland. If you ever get over this way...let me know. We have a HL, Micheals, Dollar tree( :yucky: ) and THE WEE DOLLHOUSE. I think there is the Bi-annual Doll show this coming Saturday at the CIVIC , downtown, which you would more than likely, find some trouble to get into. I would have to confirm that...I will be at the Annual Chr. school Craft sale across town selling my Amer. Girl clothes, etc. If you feel like venturing this way, let me know!

I have a friend in South Bend, I'll try to ask her sometime soon!

Donna :banana:

Show here is on the 18th! Lots of doll stuff w/ minis mixed in!