So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Well, after such a rainy and warm week here in SE Pennsylvania I am beginning to wonder if I, in fact am living in PA or the PNW!  At least we are not getting flooding....well, not where I am anyway.  I did see in the news this morning that there was flooding over near the river and the article showed a car stuck in flood water. 

And here it is Christmas Eve and it is 67* F!  Expecting record highs today for our area!  My son-in-law is threatening to wear his Bermuda shorts and flip flops to our family dinner tonite!  LOL  I told him that would be ok, since my Floridian son and daughter-in-law will probably be wearing the same thing!  :D

My son's first winter in New Hampshire and its expected to be 71F today. He still hasn't bought snow tires. He will be leaving NH after the Primaries  in early Feb. I wonder if you can rent snow tires for just a month? I'd hate for him to have to purchase them for just a month.  

According to the weather man last night, we've had 9 1/2" of rain this month, 250% above our normal average for this month.  People are still recovering from all the rain we had in October and now this. 

Over here it is just around freezing temps, a wind that is going in every direction as it seems and then a bit of snow flakes daning around in it as well. A good day to be indoors and mini in between regular chores.

Hugs

28 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Snow is one of Nature's manifestations I can do without.

Agreed. I can tolerate almost any kind of weather if it doesn't involve shoveling. 

Just now, havanaholly said:

I hope you & Lloyd are keeping warm!

It's never warm enough for Lloyd. I'm doing just fine, though I wouldn't mind if Mother Nature were to dial back the precipitation.

Still windy and below freezing, but the snow has sort of stopped, ie atleast it is not accumulating in the ground so much. Hoping it won!t stick around in the morning!

Hugs

CJ, guess what we're supposed to be getting tonight? SNOW!!!!!!! But it's also supposed to snow tomorrow as well, and in Seattle, too. I need to go over there for my angiogram and I'm hoping the taxis can go up and down the hills.

Figures - the one day it snows here and I'm going to be in a hospital and won't be able to get out and play in it. Humphf! I am NOT a happy camper!

Thanks. I just read where Seattle is supposed to get about an inch tomorrow. That means it will melt during the day and then freeze at night. My procedure is at 1 and I have to be on my back for 6 hours afterwards. That means I won't be picking up a cab to the ferry until about 8 or 9pm. And this is in Harborview. You know what those hills are like. I just hope I'm not stuck at the hospital.

I won't be able to walk to the ferry because they're punching a hole in the artery in my leg and I don't dare walk half a mile just 6 hours later. It couldn't have snowed yesterday, could it? :mad:

• Like 1