So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Another mostly sunny, balmy day here in the Big Easy. Sat on the gallery and read Sarah Alexi's newest Greek Village book for a good while this afternoon. Very relaxing. Almost felt like I was in Greece. Kept one eye out for any characters from the village who might saunter by on the way to the village café.  :) 

• Like 1

a bit chilly over herr bit the sky is blue and the sun is showing itself as Well and I am starting the day with a walk over to the conference center in a few minutes. 

Hugs

• 3 weeks later...

Steady rain falling. No sign of the plumbers working on the broken sewer line. This is odd, since yesterday I saw one of the workers standing hip deep in raw sewage in the bottom of a trench. I should think a little rain water would not slow them down.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

This is odd, since yesterday I saw one of the workers standing hip deep in raw sewage in the bottom of a trench. I should think a little rain water would not slow them down.

Yikes!  Where's the dislike button???   Is the sewer problem due to all the rain?

1 hour ago, Roxxie2 said:

Yikes!  Where's the dislike button???   Is the sewer problem due to all the rain?

Not, it's a result of aging large brick buildings built on sandy, loamy ground. Gravity is taking its toll as the buildings settle. Last month a water line, this month a sewer line. I have cut the plumbers a little slack for not showing up, however, as there is a lightning storm in progress. I wouldn't want to be hanging around those pipes and large metal equipment either.

It's snowing here!  For the third time since the weekend!  Big fat flakes falling steadily with about an inch accumulated so far this morning.  It looks like it's January out there. I am not impressed. 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

When it rains whilst the sun is shining, over here we say the devil is beating his wife.

Interesting saying, and today I pity the wife! 

Anna, sun and rain is the recipe for rainbows. Did you see any?

Mid-70s F here and partly sunny. L and I had dinner outside yesterday on our little gallery/porch. Soon it will be too hot to do that. Meanwhile, we're enjoying it.

For some reason all our bistro chairs wound up in the garage, first when DS#3 was here & we were all working jigsaw puzzles, and then for DS#2 & wife for game nights.  I think I'm going to move the chairs back and we can breakfast on the porch

14 hours ago, Summersethomes said:

they say it's going to snow again today, about 4 inches up north and we'll probably get a light dusting...silly me I thought it was spring :(

Sheesh! And here we broke a temp yesterday. Smashed it beyond recognition, I should say. The old record was 62° in 2004 and we broke that when it hit 81° yesterday, 81.9, to be precise. Now today it's only supposed to get to 72, but we're already at 73. I'll trade you for that snow. I hate the heat!

Holly, you stay safe. I see some really wicked weather heading your way after it goes through Texas and Louisiana.

Thanks, Roxy; sometimes the Gulf shifts the nasty weather northward before it does too much to us along the coast.  I'll be interested to see what our Mobile meteorologist says about it.

Breakfast on the porch was lovely this AM, but it has heated up and supper will be indoors.

Well, it looks like it's heading southeast and come to think of it, I think Kathie is going to be right in the middle of it too. This is what I saw for early next week:

SEVERE_KAIT.jpg.0dc12856057e658877c63e9c

Well, I just checked and it's 75 inside and 69 outside. Now I'm seeing where it hit 87 yesterday. I wish they'd make up their minds, although I think 81 would be closer to the actual temp.

22 hours ago, KathieB said:

Anna, sun and rain is the recipe for rainbows. Did you see any?

Mid-70s F here and partly sunny. L and I had dinner outside yesterday on our little gallery/porch. Soon it will be too hot to do that. Meanwhile, we're enjoying it.

No unfortunatley not this time round and I always try and "chase" a rainbow too.

hugs

11 hours ago, Anna said:

No unfortunatley not this time round and I always try and "chase" a rainbow too.

hugs

Speaking of chasing rainbows, we have an east/west highway which during the summer months it is common to pass through a rainbow.  It's a unique experience as you can actually ride along the rainbow's end along the side of the highway.

3 hours ago, Sable said:

Speaking of chasing rainbows, we have an east/west highway which during the summer months it is common to pass through a rainbow.  It's a unique experience as you can actually ride alone the rainbow's end along the side of the highway.

Now that must be a special feeling! A couple of Times I have caught a double rainbow too. 

Hugs

• Like 1