So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

16 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

The heat is roaring along this AM already, so I expect a repeat of yesterday.  So long as the sun is out I don't think I really care!

The sun is supposed to be out today here, too, but the thermometer doesn't seem to have noticed. Am glad to glimpse the major Mardi Gras parades on television. I wouldn't last ten minutes on the street with the chilling wind. I've noticed that the weather guessers don't report the wind chill factor here. I think some of the natives wouldn't venture outside their door if they knew what was out there. :D 

Thanks for the heads up. out weather was forecast to go into the 20s F last night, and we have to run errands today to the west, in AL (including a trip to Rouse's for a King cake!), so I'll be switching to my heavier jacket.

We're going to be out running the streets on Monday with cousins visiting from California. I'm planning to layer, layer, layer! I've warned them to leave their strappy sandals and light clothing at home! 

This Florida girl just had to share this photo taken by my son this morning in New Hampshire. I cant believe how void of color everything is. Just gray. He leaves NH next week for points unknown at this time. Still waiting for his next assignment. My guess is he is going to come home for a week or so. He is exhausted and said he just wants to sleep for a week. 

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KathieB said:

The rain and thunder boomers with hail have passed here, now on their way to Holly. 

Oh, and holly got it; I had just put the ribs in the (electric) oven to cook and the thunder and rain got going good and then the lights flickered.  Unlike last time the power did not go out, but stayed on.  A tornado touched down at Flomaton, AL (just across the state line from Century, FL, due north of Pensacola), but did no damage.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

The rain and thunder boomers with hail have passed here, now on their way to Holly. 

19 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, and holly got it; I had just put the ribs in the (electric) oven to cook and the thunder and rain got going good and then the lights flickered.  Unlike last time the power did not go out, but stayed on.  A tornado touched down at Flomaton, AL (just across the state line from Century, FL, due north of Pensacola), but did no damage.

We got it here too. Tiny little hail, but hail nonetheless. Hooray. They had been promising rain all day. First it was going to start at 2, then 3, then... Finally started about 8ish. And you're right Sarah, weird weather day. Day started at 30, got up past 60 before the rain.

Well, the weather kept me from doing errands yesterday. It was raining, and my driveway was ice with slippery rain on top starting to freeze. Since I grew up in Florida and have little to no confidence in driving in such conditions, I didn't even attempt to leave. Not to mention I couldn't really get traction just walking to my car. So, I stayed home. Now, of course, I've got overdue fines from the library because of it...(I had reached the maximum renewals, so I couldn't renew to avoid that.) Today it's supposed to warm up and melt that ice. Guess I'll try again later!

Good choices, Cynthia, and a small price to pay for your safety. I grew up driving in northern Illinois and Wisconsin, so have a feel for driving in snow, but ice is another story. I'd have stayed home, too. It's not so much my driving that concern me but that of the other drivers on the road. No point in setting yourself up as a target for the drivers unfamiliar with difficult road conditions.

More tornadoes in south Florida this morning. I-95, horse stables, an industrial park and the Goodyear Blimp's sign on its hanger were mostly affected. No injuries but traffic will be a major problem on all the highways today.  

We have friends on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. They left NOLA a few days ago and will be back on Sunday. I wonder what they're experiencing, as much of the rough weather seems to be moving south.

6 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

Well, the weather kept me from doing errands yesterday. It was raining, and my driveway was ice with slippery rain on top starting to freeze. Since I grew up in Florida and have little to no confidence in driving in such conditions, I didn't even attempt to leave. Not to mention I couldn't really get traction just walking to my car. So, I stayed home. Now, of course, I've got overdue fines from the library because of it...(I had reached the maximum renewals, so I couldn't renew to avoid that.) Today it's supposed to warm up and melt that ice. Guess I'll try again later!

My son who is also an inexperienced snow and ice driver is held up at my fathers house in Maryland waiting for the weather to improve.  He left NH and arrived in MD on Saturday and has been enjoying his unexpected extended stay with his grandfather. So there is a positive in all of this.