Just when you say you don't need any more...

minikelli

Knew I didn't need another house/kit, but when you come across one that needs help -- well just couldn't turn my back on it... I had e-mailed a family that had posted on Craigslist that they were moving and couldn't take their dollhouse with them. They stated it was for a serious collector, but there was no more information on it. Anyways, the other day several weeks after my e-mail to them that if they couldn't find anyone to help them, I'd see what I could do. I received an e-mail on Wed. stating they'd like to give it to me! Cannot begin to explain how flabbergasted and utterly exciting I found this to be!!! That put me off on another tangent of searching to figure out what house it was and I came across a photo from the Mott's Minis site of the Lawbre Shadowcliff -- and I know my jaw dropped b/c that was the house!

I'm including the few photos I have of it so far from the ad, and if anyone thinks it's something else or has any info on this model in general I'd love it if they could share. Haven't been able to find much on it anywhere... :/post-6196-0-16488600-1372528368_thumb.jppost-6196-0-56935800-1372528383_thumb.jp

Yay you, congrats!! I had a similar thing happen a few months ago, with an Artply Granville, so I know how excited you feel!

That is a beautiful house, and looks like they did a really good job on it. Pretty lights and everything!

When's the big day for pickup? Have fun!

• Like 1

Kelli,Regarding the issue of DHM magazine August 2000 you were looking for earlier:My copy is pretty beat up-somehow lost it's front cover!But looking at the contents page "On the cover" photo,yep,it's your house!The corresponding article,"The Dollhouse Revisited",didn't have any more photos of it,or mention the dollhouse...but under the previous photo,they say it is Lawbre's Shadow Cliff Queen Anne.Under that wording I Googled several photos of it.I wish I knew how to create links,but it's probably a moot point now...anyway,I'm very happy for you! Kat

• Like 1

This is great! I'm so happy for you. Sometimes I have dreams about ending up with a free dollhouse - nice to see it happen in real life. :)

• Like 2

Thanks Gina! I just can't wait to see it in person -- b/c for all intents and purposes I believe this was truly a loved home. My guess is the simple matter that as they've gotten older they've not had the time to keep it in good repair -- but from what I've been able to tell with the pictures they had all the upgrades. The exterior siding, working windows, lots of neat lights and finishes -- it just truly needs some TLC to fix it back up to 100%... I just really want to get my hands on her and get her back to feeling wonderful! :)

• Like 1

As of right now dollhouse pick-up has been postponed until tomorrow at 11am due to major thunderstorms in the area. As for that idea of dollhouse rescue... Heck look at us all, we've all been rescuers to some extent I think! :D

• Like 1

Yay Kelli! :banana: As gorgeous as she is in the photo - just wait till you see her in person! While I currently have a love/hate relationship going on with mine (I love her but she's not too fond of me sometimes!) I still think it's probably the prettiest house I've ever seen! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

• Like 1

Lisa,

As a silly question goes have you been able to locate any more history of yours? I've gone ahead and e-mailed Lawbre tonight to see if they can give me any more specific history of this model or not. If they do get back to me, if you'd like I can forward you info as well?

Thanks April! I know I have to have a bit more patience until it's actually here -- but that gives me a bit more time to try and clear some other projects I've been working on out of the way... Once this puppy is here -- it will I'm sure be given a prime spot to be worked on! :construction::dog: