Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

My 2 desktop counters are at 22 and 29 days. The former for being ready to start the photos and the latter for emailing them. I think the counting thingy doesn't count today because it's already here but it still seems off a day to me. It's entered with the correct dates. Go figure how technology thinks.

Humn, Selkie, I wonder if it also omits the due date, hence the counter ends on the 30th at 11:59pm.

I bet your right. Thanks for clarifying that.

Wow. All the work in the beginning and then 2+ months of dreaming and what iffing and my fling is flying together! I absolutely love my simpler plan. I now officially have 29 items on my to do list. Many are bigger like 'the roof' and 'the base' but.......if I complete 2 Items a day........

Photo shoot!

I've got to go through a couple hundred images to figure out if I got 3 good ones, but just for fun, and to spur you on to complete your build, I'm going to post some "Sneak Peeks!" :yes:

So I'm sitting here looking at my far-from-finished fling and I'm thinking about how big I should make the baseboard and the landscaping and my mind keeps moving further and further away from the base of the actual kit house past flowers over grass which is quickly turning into a rolling green yard. Then my mind reached the end of the yard and hit a raised garden. Beyond the raised garden is a fence. Then my mind thought "what's on the other side of the fence?" A road with a sidewalk and street lamps...&, &, &.....

I better tell my mind to come back here and finish the initial structure before it's 4 blocks away and my fling has neighbors on all sides.

• Like 3

I thought I'd share a link that I found for tools and supplies. I googled "illuminated magnifying glass," looking for the kind you'd wear around your head while working, and found this at www.ehobby.com. Then, I looked further last night, and found a wealth of goodies, including Dremel accessories, for LOTS less than anywhere else -- and they charge a flat rate of $7.00 for shipping, regardless of how much you're ordering (unless it's a heavy-weight item). Anyway, I'm always looking for good prices, and this place is selling stuff for half (if not less) than what I see it costing elsewhere

• Like 1

Oh, and that magnifier was $29.99 -- the same price as the one at miniatures.com where it's sold without the light! I do want the light, however, so this, with four lenses, should be perfect!

Humn, Selkie, I wonder if it also omits the due date, hence the counter ends on the 30th at 11:59pm.

Well, you were exactly correct. I got to thinking about that a bit more and went back into the default settings and discovered that the time was set to 12:01 AM. After I changed it to 11:59 PM for that day, it added it back in.

So, bottom line - I was just given an unanticipated extra day - hahahhaha

• Like 2

I've been wanting it for quite a while... it's just that I keep forgetting about it until, once again, I'm doing something, like stripping wires, where it would make all the difference! I finally wrote myself a note, and ordered it! I have one of those stationary magnifiers with the light, but with this new one, I can work wherever I need to put my head!

Last night, while in bed with my iPad (I always read before I fall asleep!) I had their site up in my browser and noticed the categories on their navigation bar and decided to investigate. What a nice surprise!

Well, I've gone and done it. I've glued 2 floors and 6 walls together. I hope I haven't done it too soon. :doh: I will probably regret it. :fear:

Oh and added our names, manufacturer name (GL), contest name, and dates are on the bases of each floor for mine and for Twinkles. :cheer:

Also, I went and did it with the greenhouse windows. I fogged them up on the real greenhouse and have gotten most of the glue but not the scratches off the 2nd one. :mad:

Fogging turns out to be harder than spilling glue on in the first place and takes longer than washing the glue off the other one !!! It's tricky to make it look like condensation and dirty windows and not just a blobby mess.

On to the next 1000 things - that and getting the rice and baked Alfredo chicken out of the oven for supper.

• Like 1

I have been working on my SP for a while now and now that its nearing the end I have this other kit calling /cough Yelling my name me me I'm next.. :bounce: Are you ready for me know? I'm getting close but then i have another idea and well that other kit is just gonna have to have a little more patience. :bear:

• Like 1

My niece's Rosedale cut me again tonight. It's the deep kind that might require stitches and a tetanus shot. I think this is a sign from the dollhouse gods to finish the _______ before I start new projects. That was two steps and two cuts. Ok, wee_______! You have my full attention!!

• Like 2

The Rosedale is on the attack? It wants your undivided attention, or it doesn't want something you have planned for it, or it's just a mean kit. Get your shot and your stitches and finish your SF and explain to the Rosedale that if it doesn't play nice it'll end up as kindling...

• Like 3

Every Rosedale has it's thorns.... :doh: i couldn't resist

Yep, LOL! :)

Blondie, take good care of yourself! Those laser edges are sharp, but on the bright side, you won't need tweezers as often! Seriously, hope you heal up real soon.