Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well I just lost a nice chunk of skin. the good thing about nice new X-Acto blade is that it doesn't hurt when it slices through you :lol:

Shudder! Know how that feels. Get the band-aids...

OK this is enough with the cuts already. I think it's contagious.

I just nailed my finger in great shape - probably needs stitches but I don't have time to go before the kids get home from school.

I have 2 steri-strips holding it tightly together and 4 bandages covering it every which way and keep changing those and have a disposable plastic glove on top of everything.

I have a feeling the accidents are on the rise because we are all hurrying so much as the deadline is drawing near.

• Like 1

I have a feeling the accidents are on the rise because we are all hurrying so much as the deadline is drawing near.

Probably right.

I just started the siding this morning which is how i cut myself. I never ever have to work weekends and guess who has to work Saturday! This couldn't happen in November? There's 8 hours less of fling time... :pullhair:

Okay, everybody ... take a deep breath, exhale slowly, and chant "I will stay calm, I will stay calm."

Stay Calm and Fling On? Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :hide:

Okay, everyone, here' some big OUCH! for everyone having accidents.

Sadly, when I'm hurrying, the Disney song from Cinderella runs through my brain.... "Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry, make a dress for Cinderelly...." :p

• Like 1

First I put a gazillion hours into the beginning of an elaborate and fun build. RL interrupted, as it does for us all. Several weeks ago, I decided to re configure and fling on. I am so glad I did. It has been my favorite build ever and I'm still going strong. I love, love, love this one. If I don't finish in time, I don't but I won't slow down until it's done! I have several things left to do but only one BIG thing. And I have no clue how long it will take otherwise I would be getting excited here.

I may have a kiddo home sick today. What I've been treating as allergies may be morphing into a full blown respiratory event for the one of them. I'm letting them sleep as long as possible this AM before making a decision but it wasn't pretty during the night. We have some serious allergy stuff as a family and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference at the beginning of a non-allergy event. I had my flu shot the other day so I contributed my snuffles to that but the kids appts is still coming up so I can't blame that.

Today was to be the one day out of this super busy week that I had more Flinging time. While I feel badly about problem, selfishly I wish that and this stupid finger thing weren't happening right now - do the SF gods hate me or something? Timing is everything. (wa-a-ah - pity party)

Okay Team Fling! It's only October 10th and you've got 3 weeks! You can do it :cheer: (despite all the pre-Halloween bloodletting!)

Yesterday I drew a line under it after spending several hours narrowing down photo selections. I had to do some creative cropping because some of the photos were good, but had something in the background or something that wasn't intentional. And I did not want to do another photography session. I cleaned everything up and put the house on a shelf. Then last night my daughter and I were looking at it talking about the build, and what I was trying to accomplish, and I started thinking "Hmm, I could add ...., or maybe ....." But I decided I'm not doing anything else to it and I've sent my entry off to the email in the sky.

My point is, we all talk about how these houses are never really done. We're always tweaking them, adding to or changing them. So, all you talented people, pick a stopping point and take some photos and submit your entry. Remember that you can always keep working on the project! :D

• Like 6

pick a stopping point and take some photos and submit your entry. Remember that you can always keep working on the project! :D

MY thoughts exactly. I keep thinking of things that i want to add to this build but then i say to myself "I don't need this part to be included for my entry to be considered complete so let it wait and focus on the parts that do need to be included."

I was able to cut, paint and apply siding to 1 full wall with no bloodshed before work this morning!

• Like 2

Drawing a line is a good idea - but it's also a good idea to have roofs and walls first, I think. :boomer:

I'm having a bit of a tantrum this afternoon because as I was working on this hateful roof of mine, I realized that I have miscalculated the overhang and it has thrown it all off !! Now I've got to take it all apart, yet again, and redo a huge section to make everything lines up properly. If it doesn't line up right the entire thing will slide right off and crash on the floor. It's a tricky, tricky roof(s). :eek:

I'm stamping my feet and huffing and puffing at it and myself. This roof has been the most difficult thing of the build for me and then just a couple weeks ago I changed the roof design completely (which was necessary and good btw) but now I'm hopping mad :taz: that I measured and lined it out wrong. Gr-r-r-r-r.

Selkie, I had quite the stubborn roof myself. I cut it PERFECTLY, I swear, but then it came up too short. I glued on some matboard and lengthened that puppy. If you can tell, so be it! :bounce:

I've been "off the fling" for a few days because I needed a break from it. I'm starting to feel more relaxed, so I hope to get some more painting :bangin: in this evening.

Anyone ever notice how sharp tuna can covers are? just sayin"

Knuckle - sigh ..... :doh:

I have the braces glued back on again on this stupid roof. It better be dry in the morning for the next step of reconstruction. :whip:

Also got cabinets glued in, window trim painted, front wall piece spackled, sanded, 1st coat of paint, ceilings got another coat of paint, toy boxes are base coated - :oops: that might be too much info.

• Like 1