Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I've noticed that it's been very quiet on this thread today.....I think I hear the whirring sounds of industrious activity......SFs going together.....

Think I'll go work on photos.......quietly......

Too late for stitches, but I did get the shot. Then I spent all afternoon pampering the __________. The Rosedale got a wee bit of prime, but she's going to have to take a back seat while I finish up the spring fling. I think it's safe to say that I painted THE CEILING today. :) That didn't give anything away, did it? Hahaha!

• Like 1

My fling is being so sweet and kind. No real dramas to deal with....everything going fast......wait till tomorrow, huh? Nah! I'm having fun. This is the first time my build has changed over and over but stayed the same. It's what I started with but different. It's telling another story now too. I'm hoping for my original more elaborate idea next year :) So......my question is this. Has anyone ever carried an idea or build over from one fling to another?

Ya -'bout that desperation thing ..... a little help here please ...

Yikes - will RL ever stop interfering with my plans?

No--it won't, but you will perservere and that makes you who you are. Hang in there!

Me too. I'll just be on my way back from North Cyprus on 31st, so something good to soften the blow of returning to cold wet wintry weather.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. But don't forget the albums won't be up until the judging is over :popcorn: and, from past experience, that takes a lo-o-o-o-o-ong time !!! :whistle: It might even be Christmas before we find out !! :xmas_tree: But I sure hope not. Hope Dean has his judging team all primed and ready to go so we have results in a 2 weeks max - anyone else have bets on how long it will take this year?

Bagged a major center focal piece from ebay today.... Whohooo and yay, happy dance with a much needed twirl!

Hugs

Congrats - that's always exciting. Hope it speeds it's way to you in time.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. But don't forget the albums won't be up until the judging is over :popcorn:

Weren't the albums posted after the deadline for submission last year?

Weren't the albums posted after the deadline for submission last year?

Holly's right. Once the deadline has passed, individuals can post their albums and many do. It's the winners that aren't posted for a while.

True, true, true - individuals can post whatever and whenever they want - before even if they choose to.

However, not only the winners are posted. Everyone's 3 photo entries are posted by Dean in a GL SF album and that includes folks who aren't members here.

For me, that is how I find everyone's pics because when people are just posting in their own albums, since I don't know who entered except for a few folks that I follow, I don't know where to go look. I missed tons of them last year until the winners were announced and the complete GL album by Dean was posted.

Drying time is the pits!!! But then again, using the fire extimguisher as a heav item while assembling the base worked like a charm ;) now to make another part for the base and then finally it is time for the clay... Darn it, more drying time then..... :wub:

Hugs

• Like 1

Drying time is the pits!!! But then again, using the fire extimguisher as a heav item while assembling the base worked like a charm ;) now to make another part for the base and then finally it is time for the clay... Darn it, more drying time then..... :wub:

Hugs

Blow dryer, Anna.

Blow dryer, Anna.

Not sure the materials would approve... Cracking as well as warping might occur, maybe......

One piece is dry, still needs some bits and bobs and a second spray paint session, but all in all it is there.

If I had a drying cabinet, now that might have worked wonders!!!

Hugs

Not sure if I should PM the head cheeses or not, maybe you folks can tell me?

• What is the largest file or px size when submitting the photos?
  • What is the earliest that you can submit photos?
  • Do you folks get a received reply when you submit your shots?

Thanks for informing the "newb" :bigwink: ....Now I can go freak out about the finishing touches ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggg!!!

• I believe the suggested size is about 600 x 800; I wouldn't overwhelm them with photos in the thousands of pixels range and anything smaller is going to make it hard to see the details. And you want them to be able to see the details.
  • You can send the photos whenever they're ready
  • Yes, you'll get a notice when you submit. If it's getting near the deadline, be prepared to wait a day or more. It gets BUSY in the Greenleaf plant!
  • Like 1

I set up 2 rooms today to get a visual of what is wrong. I just don't "see" things properly sometimes until I take a picture.

I still have 2 custom walls, 2 giant windows, 1 floor, a bunch of glass and railings, and a roof to figure out.

Course then all the finishing details and then the decorating. That was some of what I tried out today.

Just to see if it was even going to start to work. Most of the accessories I tried today were ok.

I also have been busy sewing up things. Bled on one item today so it makes it mine now I guess.

• Like 1

• I believe the suggested size is about 600 x 800; I wouldn't overwhelm them with photos in the thousands of pixels range and anything smaller is going to make it hard to see the details. And you want them to be able to see the details.
  • You can send the photos whenever they're ready
  • Yes, you'll get a notice when you submit. If it's getting near the deadline, be prepared to wait a day or more. It gets BUSY in the Greenleaf plant!

Awesome thanks hon!

Awesome thanks hon!

Your finished? OMG I still need to __________ & _________ & ______ & _____. Ok wait I can take off the _____ that part is done. I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.

• Like 1

Jane, I am so jealous of your picture taking! RL has come crashing into me lately and for a good chunk of time there, I wasn't sure if I was going to finish in time.

But after two days of ignoring my life (but still keeping my kids alive) I am nearly there. A lot of little pesky things are left.... like the roof. And cleaning up the edges

of the base. I suppose, I could be finished this week, since all that is left after that are the details. We all know that it's the details that make a piece soar though.

Chugga, chugga.

Then I have to figure out how to move the beast outside for pictures.... *thud*

• Like 1