Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I love the model home idea too. I'm guessing from Selkie's hints that the gigantic one one the bottom is hers(she did say she raised the roof!)

But yes, model home, wish I'd thought of it :) Go for it!

I can't say what my idea is, similar to Selkie's but........a partly done project can have true character. Don't anyone underestimate how complete incomplete can be :)

Thanks to a mini marathan with my DH today, my fling has flung forward leaps and bounds. And, I got most of my almost last minute stuff ordered and on the way. Not sure if I see the light at the end of the tunnel but I did see a sign pointing that direction :)

• Like 3

Thanks everyone ... I appreciate your encouragement. :gathering:

As to the month left - yes and no - I have a packed Oct schedule of RL things. :dog:

I have a bad reputation in the family of "not quite finishing" things. :missing:

I really need to finish this just to prove that I can.

Yet is it possible, I dunno. :dunno:

• Like 2

Oh this weekend was a bust. My grandma had knee replacement surgery on the 12th, came home from rehab on the Friday (27th) and had 2 seizures on Saturday. So Saturday was a fling washout between going with mom to buy a new car and then going straight from there to the hospital to see grandma. (She's fine) Sunday I was helping dad move furniture and then we went pumpkin picking. So the only progress I made this weekend was getting myself closer to my credit card limit at HBS.

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of flinging is going on. I can't wait to see all of the entries!

My DH insisted that I work on the dollhouse while he cleaned the house yesterday (to which I promptly agreed) and got quite a bit of work done on the Fling. Floor laid, windows built and installed, and started on the ______________. I have so much to be done, but I think I might just be able to pull it off by the deadline.

I like to think I do my best work when I procrastinate until the very end. (at least that's what I've told myself all these years :bigwink: )

• Like 2

when i say pumpkin picking, i mean we went to a farm and looked at the pumpkins and the Halloween decorations and got ice cream and went through their "tunnel of terror" but didn't buy anything lol

Pumpkins before October 1? Oh, well; the stores started stocking Christmas merchandise the end of July...

The corn has been turning golden in the fields for several weeks, and fall is in the air from the time school starts in September. October 1 is getting pretty late when it comes to decorating with pumpkins and novelty squashes, brightly colored leaves, gorgeous mums and other fall items here in the Heartland.

• Like 1

Okay, you can cut yourself with Easy Cutters. Just sayin'.

I guess I just "blooded" the Fling :lol:

Oops, where are the Band-Aids... :doctor:

Ouch!!! And I have learnt that lesson as well by first-hand experience.... Hope you heal soonand that the blood will be incorporated in the build's story...

Hugs

• Like 1

by first-hand experience....

don't you mean by "cut-hand" experience?

I've been meaning to order that super deluxe EZ-Cutter. I've been going through x-acto blades like crazy since my regular EZ-Cutter got so dull...

don't you mean by "cut-hand" experience?

I've been meaning to order that super deluxe EZ-Cutter. I've been going through x-acto blades like crazy since my regular EZ-Cutter got so dull...

Well, works either way and certainly renders a major ouch factor to it ;)

Love the easy cutter though but very oftenend up using my hobbu knife as well.

Hugs

Ouch - sorry to hear about your boo-boo.

I bought the newest EZ cutter and had to end up getting a replacement. (they were wonderful about it I will say) because my new one was duller than the old one. I figure it was a bad batch. But they do cut fingers - I can vouch for that.

I often use my box cutter for many quick things. It will even cut the GL plywood quite nicely.

Thanks for your kind thoughts (and justifiable kidding). :)

Fortunately I didn't "chop" myself, but little warning tip to all...do not try to juggle Easy Cutter :lol: Seriously, it is a knife.

I was cutting itsy bitsy wood strips for a picture frame for the ...... When I slipped. Easy Cutter literally went straight up into the air and performed a perfectly executed 180, and silly me, I tried to catch the thing. The tip of the blade only made a tiny puncture wound in the palm of my hand. It was the blade slicing across the cuticle of my little finger and a little bit into that finger that was the bleeder. Pressure and band-aids to the rescue!

I'm still not quite sure how I managed to do it. :no:

Ouchie!! My dad sharpened my easy cutter blade after I dulled it on all these skinny sticks. By the time I'm done with the fling, it will need another sharpening for sure!

I am almost finished with the knotwork rug I've been working on for months. I'm trying to figure out if it will fit in the ______. We'll see!

I hope you make it, Selkie. That Real Life business is so annoying when we are on a deadline!! Grrrrr.

• Like 1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! My to do list is so long and my RL plate o'stuff keeps getting stuff piled on it.

Fingers crossed that I make it to the end. I should.. even if it takes Blondie chasing me across it with a stick. HA!

• Like 1

My body is longing to be back working on Morningside Mansion! Even though my SF is very basic, there were so many" firsts" for me my mind is tired. Then came photographing...! One would think out of 86 pictures there would be 3 I could use- wrong. It has taught me that I did not inherit my father genes. He is a retired professor of photography. Unfortunately he lives a few states over. So today I will take my trusted point and shoot camera set on automatic back outside for one last attempt.

Then came photographing...! One would think out of 86 pictures there would be 3 I could use- wrong. It has taught me that I did not inherit my father genes. He is a retired professor of photography. Unfortunately he lives a few states over. So today I will take my trusted point and shoot camera set on automatic back outside for one last attempt.

In general I expect about 10% of my shots to be very good, even if they're completely accidental; I'm okay with it. Last year I took 300, I stopped because my camera, for the first time in it's life, was full; I walked away with about 25 very nice photos. From those, I narrowed it down to 3, which I felt best showed all of the sides/content.

Angle that camera in all directions around the thing you want to photograph, click your little fingers off! The real work is the process of elimination and cropping out the neighbors dog that photo-bombed the left side of your shot :lol:

Good Luck with your photo shoot *cheers you on*

• Like 3

I'm just about ready to take photos too. I'd planned to start yesterday, but it rained lightly on and off all day. Today should be clear. So now that my finger isn't bleeding I can finish the framed .........., Finish the set up, And take some photos! :)