Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Excited, proud and bursting to share. My last year's spring fling La Luciole is featured in the August edition of The Dolls' House Magazine. Never had anything published before so this is a biggie for me. :jump:

Jo, You should be proud.It's is absolutely beautiful and wonderfully detailed! Congratulations!!!!
  • Like 1

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement. My mother read the magazine and said - you never told them you had a distinction in art when you were at school - (er - l that would be about 50 years ago - lol) - and that was it!!!

Selkie, thanks for the kind words. This years is much smaller but I'm trying to make it interesting to look at. Its surprising but I think I've put more hours into this years than last years and its a quarter the size - maybe that is because we all start to stretch ourselves that bit further with each one - has anyone else found that?

Oh Tracy - its Brae's tree not mine although I have stuff growing in and around mine too - another hint eh?

Brae - that's a great tree - loved the one you did for the Heritage too.

Excited, proud and bursting to share. My last year's spring fling La Luciole is featured in the August edition of The Dolls' House Magazine. Never had anything published before so this is a biggie for me. :jump:

Congratulations Jo for being in the Magazine! That's Fabulous news!

• Like 1

Love the diamond pane window tutorial.... I think I will try it in 1/2 scale size whrn I start my Victorianna.....

Another fantastic tree Brae.... It is awesome!

And congrats Jo, your work is just gorgeous and the recognition is well deserved. :)

• Like 1

That is wonderful news !! That cafe is truly amazing, I remember going through every picture and just being in awe !! Congratulations you are incredibly talented !! I can't wait to get that magazine !!

Brandaen

• Like 1

It's official!!! I cut my first hole in the ______ for the ______ last night :banana:

The first cut is the biggest step (bet you're all singing - the first cut is the deepest, baby I knooooowwww) There will be no stopping you now you've committed - yeaay.

I pondered over mine for weeks, hesitating about making that first cut - and then I couldn't stop cutting - its like a colander now - going to call it Hardwick Hall - more window than wall.

Mine has a name now - anyone for hangman

- - - / - - - - - - - -.

Geesh sometimes I wonder if i will ever get the fling done in time. Two steps forward, one step back. Guess that is better then the other way around though. :rolleyes: But it is coming along. I don't think I have ever been so indecisive on a build before. I know let the build talk to me. lol. I am so glad that you are putting sneak peeks on. I am enjoying them. Well back to work!

Oh I know that feeling Teresa, I've done that so many times with this build. Today I finished off the exterior so I can concentrate on the fun stuff inside.

Might try and get another sneak peek out tomorrow (at this rate you will have seen most of it by the time the competition closes)

Congratulations, Jo! That really is amazing! Eeeeeeeee!

Even though I am not participating this year, I love popping in to see all the sneak peeks and details of the Flingage! :) Only 2 months until the big reveal!!!

• Like 4

Ooh.....Lyssa......love it! A new flingword :) FLINGAGE! So, how many flingwords do we have?

Oooooooooooh, now there's a fun idea! We need to create a Spring Fling dictionary! Everybody jump in with all the flingwords you know, including the ones you remember from previous years and whatever you can invent. LOL! Don't forget the definition and you can make that up if you want as long as you can use it in a sentence. <cackle> Obviously this isn't Websters! heheheheheehehe

How about:

Flingtastic: A. Describes something that is exceptionally fabulous or fantastic. "We all thought that the way she made a chandelier from an old toothpaste cap was especially Flingtastic"

<grinning> If we get enough people to play, I'll gather up all the flingwords and put them into a dictionary in the next issue of the Gazette. That way they'll be in an official "dictionary" and you can use them in Scrabble.

Deb

• Like 3

Flingbiguous. Fling.big.u.ous, Adjective, Open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal - vague - obscure

Example: I love sharing sneak peak photos, but they're always so flingbiguous that people end up staring at them sideways until they go blind with frustration!

brown1.jpg?w=150brown2.jpg?w=140brown3.jpg?w=150brown4.jpg?w=150brown7.jpg?w=150brown5.jpg?w=150

• Like 3

Flingtime Fling.time, Noun, That delightful time of year from when the Spring Fling kit debut teasers begin through the final onslaught of eye candy.

"Ah, the smell of laser cut wood and fresh paint is in the air. Flingtime will soon arrive yet be over before you know it!"

• Like 2

<rolling around kicking and screaming with laughter> heheheheheheheheehe, <gasp, snort> hehehehehehehehe Oh you guys are the best. Keep 'em coming!

Deb <taking notes and giggling uncontrollably>

• Like 1

HA!

Flingage: Fling. Uj. The excessive amount of secretive dollhouse building that takes place during the Spring Fling. Also referred to as an onslaught of updates from Flingers.

Flingatration: Fling. Uh. Tray. She. On. The act of releasing pent up frustration at ones Spring Fling build. "No matter how much she glued and clamped, the wall wouldn't stay up, so Lyssa went into a pure flingatation with lots of screaming and smashing."

• Like 2

Oh this is going to be a blast !! Hope everyone comes up with them.

Here is my idea.

Flingapedia. fling.a.ped.i.a, noun, An ambiguous language whose collective words have their root in the hilarity of the annual Greenleaf Spring Fling Contest. Understood by and known only to the inner circle of Greenleaf Flingers. Aka - Spring Fling Dictionary. New users beware. This language has strangely addictive properties with frequent and mysterious happenings occurring at the most inopportune times. Use with extreme caution around small things.

• Like 3