Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Minis were definitely my refuge when I was working! Working with your hands to express your inner visions is wonderfully therapeutic. Oh, Brandaen, I totally love to shingle ever since I learned I could tune out supervisors and nasty backstabbers; my little world may be dark and warped, but it's totally MINE!

I should stop in more often, you guys have been busy! Your sneak peek pictures are tantalizing.

My SF is coming along nicely The exterior is finished, the interior should be by the end of this weekend...then on to the landscaping, which I expect to be the most time consuming, hardest part.

I uploaded a few sneak peek pictures to my gallery. :groucho:

sneak peeks are killing me !! Looks like leaded windows hmmmmmm I like that very cool

Holly - dark and warped I love hee hee , ya know me the edgar allan poe of mini lol , Abraham Lincoln vampire killer does spring fling ? Maybe a beating heart under the floorboards of the poor little SF.

LOVE IT hmmmm now if I could take the day off from work, lol at least I have the job for now lol.

Keli, how mysterious. I can't tell what anything is yet. It does look like leaded windows but maybe that's just a red herring.

I'm sort of 80% there with everything , you know 80% of the build done, 80% of the exterior, interior and probably 60% of the accessories but I haven't really started on the landscaping yet.

Going to take a few more sneak peek shots later if I can do it without giving everything away.

It's almost July and my fling is still in the box. I'm not sure I will get to it in time.

I have begun a massive house clean-up, including going through all the closets and every drawer in my house, and now that I'm in the middle of it, I can't quit. Things are sorted in to piles all over my house, and I have visions of just hiring a fork lift.

I know it will be soooo much better when it's done, but it will take weeks, yet.

Poor little fling. I love you, but I just can't get to you.

@ Elizabeth: Keep thinking about the Fling & how you'll go about it so that when your house is ship-shape, you can just tear into the box and get it finished lickety-split. (And when you finish with that, you wanna come visit me for a couple weeks? :lol: )

Scratches head and wonders just how long it will be before there's a dollhouse hoarders programme on TV - better sharpen up my game I think.

Here are a couple of sneak peeks - its getting quite hard now to take pics that don't give a lot away.

post-4015-0-50596400-1340983680_thumb.jp

post-4015-0-96211500-1340983691_thumb.jp

Jo, A couple of months ago TLC tried again to get someone here to contact them about our CRAZY obsession. I did give them the Boot...again. I'd hate to see someone we know from here made out to look like a fruitcake because we build Dollhouses and are creative.

I had to look at your picture a few times. I thought it was a picture of your thumb lol I am viewing this on my phone though ;)

• Like 2

Jo, A couple of months ago TLC tried again to get someone here to contact them about our CRAZY obsession. I did give them the Boot...again. I'd hate to see someone we know from here made out to look like a fruitcake because we build Dollhouses and are creative.

I had to look at your picture a few times. I thought it was a picture of your thumb lol I am viewing this on my phone though ;)

That is terrible!! Kudos to you Tracy for giving them the boot :boot:

:lol: Holly, sorry. They were not looking for nut jobs this time. Only fruitcakes lol.

I gotta load pictures of my Spring Fling. I just noticed I didn't do it here. I only blogged it. I'm never on my computer and I can't do photos on here via my iPad. I'm gonna try and upload them here today. I'm not joining the contest but I'm totally buiilding!

that is super cute !! What you can do with paperclay, dang I just wanna drive up, and watch you create ! I'm kinda tired of driving though lol New Orleans took a lot outta me lol

• Like 2

Hey, Holly and her husband made it here unharmed lol. I think somebody must drive ok :drive: Brandean, I work so slowly now I would put you to sleep. I work in spurts as I feel the energy now-a-days :)

Jo, I had a storyline when I started building. The outsides changed very much though from how it was going to be. A new owner took over and I just ended up doing everything according to how I was feeling at that moment. I am really liking it though and feel it's turning out the way it should be ;) (I hope)

LOL I don't mind questions ;) The best way to answer though is to put some clay in people hands and let them work with it. Most times, the answers answer themselves once the clay is opened and the creative juices starts flowing :bear:

• Like 1