Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Fling-sightedness, med. The inability to see an unkempt house, dirty laundry, dishes in the sink and other unfinished chores due to obsessive focus on the Spring Fling.

LOL... I think I have this all the time :)

• Like 1

LOL... I think I have this all the time :)

=looking around at my own *flawless* house=

I have no idea what you're talking about. :rofl: Yeah, I think I need to clean up here a little.

• Like 1

Flingenabler. n. Someone who encourages others to immerse themselves in their Fling and always supports their decisions regarding their Fling construction. Some examples include; "Yes, you should certainly consider getting two kits because you never know when you'll need extra parts" and "Well, I'm no expert but I don't think there's any harm in selling your husband and children to the circus to make enough money to order genuine Turkish rugs for your Fling. On the upside, just think of all the extra time you'll have when you don't have to stop and cook dinner for them."

In real life, <cue trumpets> I started my Fling this week! Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!! I'm doing a lot of painting which is the biggest part of this little darling for me. The focal points are the way the walls are painted and I'm doing some free hand for the first time. Thank goodness it's abstract!! To give you an idea of how far outside of my comfort zone I've gone, my color palette is 1957 Chevy aqua, lime sherbet green, and lemon yellow. They're bright and totally not what I usually select but this Fling is making me use all the colors in my crayon box. LOL!! I've dug to the back of my paint drawer to find that bottle of fuschia that I fell in love with but never used. Wanna know the best part? It's all gooooooooooooorgeous! I'm totally falling in love with these colors together.

Deb

• Like 3

Ground to a bit of a halt with mine. It was going well but I seem to have run out of steam - and a little out of love with it. Maybe I just need a break.

Looking forward to seeing your bright and zingy fling Deb - sounds like an eye-opener.

Looking forward to seeing your bright and zingy fling Deb - sounds like an eye-opener.

By the time I start adding in the neon orange I'll have to wear sunglasses just to work on the thing. LOL!! And nope, it's not tropical and not a beach theme, nor does it have anything to do with children so that rules out the top three things that would normally use those colors. Oh, did I mention that there are parts of it that are black and white checkerboard? (and it's not a diner and the checkerboard is not on the floor) I thought that I could just trace the lines onto the wood and paint inside the lines but boy, was I sadly mistaken about that! <hanging head> If I got put back in kindergarten I'd flunk "Stays Inside the Lines". So that part got sanded down and I'll repaint it using tape to mark the lines.

I did the only tiny bit of bashing that I have planned for this one.......enlarging the door opening and installing french doors and putting a window in the front wall. Today I'm going to work with adding some zebra print to that area which means that on this one, the wallpaper is going on the *exterior* wall, not the inside because there is no way I can free hand zebra print. <giggling> I love that I can tell you all this stuff without leaving out key words coz even if you know what I'm doing it still sounds like I'm crazier than a bed bug. hehehehehehehehe That's what's so fun about the design I chose........it's naturally weird and funky and fun (and it's not a 1950s or 60s era either).

Ground to a bit of a halt with mine. It was going well but I seem to have run out of steam - and a little out of love with it. Maybe I just need a break.

I'm sorry Jo. Sometimes that happens and you just have to step back and do something else for a little while. Before you know it your Fling will start talking to you about something different that it wants done. Yours sounds like a bit of a diva and it may just be having a change of heart about something and wants to think it over for awhile.

Deb

Flingastrophe : when it all goes horribly wrong.

"the project is a complete flingastrope" she shouts running to the chocolate.

Flingatory : a place or state of temporary suffering during spring fling time.

I hope those words made sense.

My SF is coming along nicely. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the pieces of trim. there are bit here for painting, bits over there for sanding. I am having lots of fun.

• Like 1

Flingastrophe : when it all goes horribly wrong.

"the project is a complete flingastrope" she shouts running to the chocolate.

Flingatory : a place or state of temporary suffering during spring fling time.

I hope those words made sense.

My SF is coming along nicely. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the pieces of trim. there are bit here for painting, bits over there for sanding. I am having lots of fun.

Your words make sence to me :-)

It is so true about bits of trim everywhere. Mine are secured now but I thought I would NEVER get them completed. While I was in a Fliver (dither) over that others were done and building..... oh my I don't know how that could be but it was so.

Desperately need ___________. I think I can keep going for now but not positive until I sit down and stare at what I have going.

Happy Flinging,

LindaC

I was a good girl and did all my chores today, including groceries, dinner in the crock, and all the yard work. I just let the lawn grow while the temps were so stifling last week, I'm amazed the thing grew as much as it did, besides I've had some serious fling-sightedness lately :giggle: . So tomorrow is full on flingorama.

We really need to find a good way to add Stifling to our "flingapedia" :D

• Like 1

After a spell in flingatory, I taught my SF a lesson and stripped her of her roof which was bothering me. Now I have lots of making good to do so another flingathon is on the cards to get back to the position I was at a few days ago. I have had to make a new roof panel but apart from that I managed to salvage quite a bit of roofing material so I should be ok. An exciting package arrived today with some supplies that I have never used before so that has re-energised the flinger in me.

PS Anna, I have a few long plastic thingies - very handy

Sooo looking for a piece of elongated (sp?) plastic thingy to work into the build...

Hugs

What size? A toothbrush holder for travel comes to mind.

So tomorrow is full on flingorama.

Scratch that. Instead I will be nursing a cranky & sick toddler, then making a trip to the Dr.'s office (during what should be nap time) to fill out paper work so he can return to Day Care after this clears up. Sigh, poor kiddo, between last night and today it's basically a train wreck around here. I'm trying hard not to be annoyed at the parents who didn't notice this and caused an outbreak.

Is this a plastic thingy you already have, or one for whhich you're searching?

What size? A toothbrush holder for travel comes to mind.

With most of my crafting things (along with the stash of things that might come in handy) in storage still the might have is not around so to speak. Kathie, that sounds like an idea to look for! TY!

This little Fling and I have had some serious talking latley, and we've now changed direction for the interior, along with adding another persona to the story... Still need to locate the right fabrics for those though... Will be using some neck tie fabric for one of them tY Holly for those gems!)

Hugs

flinger: one who participates in Spring Fling.

flargon: jargon specifically related to the Spring Fling

fletymology: study of the derivation and development of a specific linguistic form (i.e. flargon)

fletymologist: a flinger who specializes in the study of the derivation and development of a specific linguistic form (i.e. flargon)

You're welcome, I'm sure. Toothbrush holder? What about empty ballpoint pen or old IV tubing?

Ack, I think I am in trouble now LOL, the fling must have read this before I did... It is now calling for a _______ for the _____. not sure how to pull it off with all the ________ and ___ _______ that will take to suit the scene...

Oh well, who am I to resist a fling's wishes/demands?!.

Hugs

You know by now when it comes to building a dh kit, who's boss...

Sure do, and the exterior is different from anything else I have tried so far, which is a great thinh as well, always something new to discover and try when t comes to a talkative kit...

Hugs

Had a fraught day. One of my cats - housecats but they do go out in the garden, went missing - he's been gone for 18 hours. He's never been out for more than an hour or two before and his litter brother is fretting like mad - sitting in the window looking up and down the road. We walked round the streets to see if he'd been squished on the roads - nothing so I'm hoping he's got locked in someone's garage - but the little monkey just walked in the door not 5 mins ago - warm, dry, totally not hungry or thirsty (weather here is dreadful torrential rain) so the little tart has found himself a second home!!!!

Anyways, now that I can breathe again, my fling is a little better behaved today but she still has a gap in her roof that I need to cure.

Tomorrow is another day.