Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Flingamabob Fling.uh.muh.bob, Noun. Random object, either in-hand or sought after, used in a Spring Fling build in manner completely contrary to its intended purpose.

"This aquarium filter rod is the perfect Flingamabob for my chimney. Sorry, fishies!" :fish1:

• Like 1

Flingaroma Therapy: A relaxation process enjoyed when one opens the Spring Fling kit and inhales deeply to enjoy the smell of laser cut wood.

• Like 2

Fling-sightedness, med. The inability to see an unkempt house, dirty laundry, dishes in the sink and other unfinished chores due to obsessive focus on the Spring Fling.

• Like 2

Flingationship. Fling.a.tion.ship, noun,connection between two or more persons wherein each party can be trusted to discuss and exchange ideas freely.

"Havanaholly will happily get involved in a flingationship with anyone :hug: " or " I forced my SO into this flingationship, but I can tell their heart is just not in it."

• Like 1

These are awesome!

Flingpox. noun. a illness which occurs on an annual basis in the spring. NO KNOWN CURE! Symptoms can only be controlled by working on a Greenleaf Spring Fling project..multiple projects while not a cure can be considered part of a sensible regimen for optimal health.

• Like 2

Flingathon - an intensive and prolonged period of flinging activity that becomes increasingly common as the closing date for the Greenleaf Spring Fling competition approaches.

• Like 2

Fleazles: small, itchy bumps and rash that appear on one's skin when one has neglected their Fling project for too long. (sometimes mistaken for shingles, but are another more common dollhouse "issue" altogether.) Only known cure for this malady is to stop procrastinating and get back to work.

• Like 2

LMAO! You all are too funny!

Fling-shot: That dizzy sense you feel after taking zillions of photos of your completed Fling, trying to capture just the right shot. I equate it with 'snow blindness'.

Also can go by the name of Flertigo.

• Like 2

Re-Flinging: (1) using leftover parts from previous years' Flings for the current Fling, (2) passing on a current Fling kit to another Flinger for completion, (3) scrapping part of the Fling build and redoing said part.

• Like 1

Wow! You guys are flingtastic!

I say the FLINGAPEDIA is where all of everything flingtory. As in the history of the fling. It's language, past entries, the evolution of the contest, etc. I've been thinking of the language of the fling as FLINGO. Or......is FLINGO perhaps the name of a fling game? At any rate, FLINGO's gotta be something :)

FLINGIES- Little things used for the flings or any other mini, once they've been flung.

Ok folks, RL is too overwhelming right now. Court for our little angel is in less than two weeks and we are round the clock foused and working to create the ability for a happy outcome. I am forcing myself to take small FLINGBREAKS. I keep thinking of tons of words. I'm going to throw them out there and hopefully you guys will help bring them to life.

FLING TEA & FLINGCAKES........the food and drink required for energy to keep flinging.

FLINGCATION.....a break from flinging. (Only when no choice)

FLINGTASTIC

FLINGNAPPED.....being held captive by your fling

FLOKE......what you become when the fling steals all your money.

FLINGATIVE.......flings you are related to but don't own.

FLINGTALE........the story of your fling.

• Like 1

flingo: specialized jargon used when building a Spring Fling.

flinguistics: The list of words and definitions for flinging.

flingtionary: the book containing the flinguistics.

From Twinkle:

Flicreepia. flee.creep.e.a, adjective, the term for a spring fling that has gone weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS from Selkie

Yes, folks Twinkle still does mini's.

She's just gone and grown up on us and is super busy all the time.

The most recent one she did is a landscape scene and she won a prize for that.

It is all natural products except the glass river beads and some builders foam that she used for the landscape base and a couple rocks.

It's hard to see, but there is an adorable turtle sunning himself in the back.

My favorite part is the bark bridge.

• Like 2

She did a wonderful job. You can tell that she enjoys working in minis. Was this at a fair. Congratuations on the win. But then just being creative is a win! Tell her hi from Molly D Moose's mom.

Flotto/Flottery....A game of chance when entering Greanleaf's Spring Fling Dollhouse contest.

Flingtunity... The opportunity to be with all the other flingers.

Flinghetti... what I am calling ALL the bits and bobs that go in to this project. In boxes, totes and any flat surface needed. One flat box is under a birdies play gym table to protect the _______.

Didn't cut the foundation wood right so had to cut more off. Now don't like the flooring and have to rethink. Don't like the grass paper at all. Have to look for remnant piece of outdoor carpeting like I have on other dh table.

Good Sunday morning to all >>

Linda

From Twinkle:

Thanks for the compliments on my nature project.

It was a fair entry for conservation and nature.

The story that I had with it told the conservation side of it.

I won 2nd place.

THmini2, I still miss Mollie. I had such a great time with that adventure and it was so sad when she disappeared.

I only hope that whoever did it, was/is kind to her and appreciated all the things we all put in her box and all our stories.

I learned a lot about a lot of countries and states following Mollie around in her travels.

The house my Gram and I made for her visit was my first mini project.

Seems like a long time ago now. Was it 2008 when we did that?

Can't wait for my Gram to get her 2012 Spring Fling going.

She's wa-a-a-a-ay behind. I may have to help her.