Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

It is sitting waiting for me to find out how to put those ittier bittier brads in...... gads. don't think it would hold with just glue.

the screen came with doors on the extras Holly. I love it.

this morn must do some front room Real House stuff. decided to keep old tv credenza and put new tv on top.

Before placing brads I use a push pin for a pilot hole and then the brad placement tool for tape wiring. Like I was doing tape wiring. That's the way that has worked best for me, but I still hate hinges!

Went straight from a full flung rebellion to a migraine. Hmmmmm........I refuse to blame it on the rebellion. And just to prove I'm not afraid........I will be rebelling again today.

And Holly........I probably would have escaped with the small rebellion I had planned, but YOU really started something :). And that's all I'm gonna say.

• Like 1

Yay!!! I just finished the greenhouse that I was working on and as soon as I get it packed to ship out, I can start flinging. I'm SOOOOOOOO excited I can hardly stand it! Fling on!

Deb

• Like 1

Before placing brads I use a push pin for a pilot hole and then the brad placement tool for tape wiring. Like I was doing tape wiring. That's the way that has worked best for me, but I still hate hinges!

wellll another tool for a couple of hinges. hmmm :salute: Yes mam!!! I tried to hold one with a cuticle trimmer. haha didn't work. have to go look for that Real one.

thanks for info Morgan.

Looks very neat - well done with the hinges and I love that colour green

Use to like this shade of green as well as the other 2 shades..... not so sure about that now but I will love them again someday. Someday!!

After two months of designing..erasing..drawing again ..I have finished my dryfit and it looks good.Too bad I have to tear it all down.

Then there's the bashing..I've started that but everything I do is with an exacto knife/blade..slow going.I do have a Dremel kit but don't know anything about it and am chicken anyway. So, slow goings on here..but lots of fun.I so love to Fling!! :wave:

My brad-holding tool was a pair of tweezers...

I grasp brad head with needle nosed pliers with "stem" of brad extending straight out and just push it in. In a particularly hard wood, I'll do a little start depression with the a light tap on a longer nail to keep brad from skidding. Never have been able to use a hammer to set brads.

The only time I tried a hammer I had set the door into a bench vise. My fight with the wee hinges and brads started because I stupidly tried to mount the hinges like on my RL doors, between the inside edge of the door and the jamb! When I mount hinges on the outside face of the door (cupboard, desk, etc) I set the hinge with a touch of tacky glue and used my finest awl to make start holes, Then I set the brads and used the end of a flat chisel to push then into the holes.

Had a good day yesterday - something went right! :banana: and I love it.

Popped over to Dolls House Emporium on Sunday for a £3 item to replace one I broke (on one of the less good days) ended up spending £40 :ohmy: but I did get lots of supplies and a few bits and bobs. I found something that I didn't think existed in the mini world. I was planning to make the said "something" and not looking forward to it one little bit, I knew it would be tricky. Well, there it was sitting there in DHE, winking at me and saying - "you know you want me :bigwink: " I wasn't sure about the size but I succumbed and bought it anyway. When I got home I almost fell over the cats in my rush to try it out - poooo - it didn't actually fit the space I wanted it to fit.......................... but after a day of cutting, squeezing and sanding and wheedling and whittling - IT FITS :clap:

So now you know - I have a SOMETHING in my spring fling :secret:

• Like 1

Love your description of making something go right. Just such a situation ended up my absolute favorite part of last years fling. It involved raising part of the dining room floor a step. Isn't it fun to finally make it work?!!! Can't wait to see photos on that one.

Excited, proud and bursting to share. My last year's spring fling La Luciole is featured in the August edition of The Dolls' House Magazine. Never had anything published before so this is a biggie for me. :jump:

• Like 3

Jo, I'm so jealous of your ability to "pop" over to DHE, I just love their new "chateau" kit..and Magpies..and Stratford Bakery. I have their catalog practically memorized :lol:

No flinging this past weekend; went to a friend's BBQ instead. Lots of fun, they have a saltwater pool. We also saw some awesome fireworks!

Made a quick trip to Joann's today for _____ and ____. Also found some _____ so we're good to go!

Excited, proud and bursting to share. My last year's spring fling La Luciole is featured in the August edition of The Dolls' House Magazine. Never had anything published before so this is a biggie for me. :jump:

That is awesome!

• Like 1

Oh my !!!

Congrats to you Jo. How awesome to have this honor.

I'll bet this years will top that. You are a gifted artisan.

• Like 1