Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

...to meet Holly in person. How far is GA from NE - :drive:
I don't know, but we're just outside of Pensacola, FL, on the west side, in AL, and about 200 miles or so from GA...

I don't know, but we're just outside of Pensacola, FL, on the west side, in AL, and about 200 miles or so from GA...

Details, details! :rofl: Alabama, Georgia - if I get anywhere in the area I'll give you a call. :)

CJ~ Give all of your Washington family gift certificates for unlimited stays at this great B & B. Include tons of photos of the new place...... That'll break it gently :)

And if all else fails regarding a 1:12 replica........a scroll saw and lumber from the craft store......

I told you guys........crazy things start happening at my house during the fling. Look what's happening to CJ?! I'm not the only one. Check out her post with photos. You won't regret it. I can't do it or would post the link. Topic something like 'what dollhouse is this?' Go drool!

In the meantime, back at the fling......I made a wee tiny bit of progress today! First time in a month and it felt awesome :)

• Like 1

I've certainly stepped out of my comfort zone on this one by using new materials or those I haven't touched in over 15 years. Some things are like riding a bike, others you have to relearn ;)

I'm right there with you! :yes:

• Like 1

My SF just might get the wished for ________ not sure just yet, will see if I win the auction first LOL, otherwise it will have to live without it as I sooo want to get moving creating the exterior which will take some time doing I amsure. Probably need to use tweezers, Some persuation to "borrow" some material from the tool area...

This will be fun!

Hugs

Funny! I was in the sunroom painting my SF greenhouse and wondered what was burning. I was tempted to go into the house and check on the chicken. Forgot about the "charred" edges from the laser cutting! Not that STRONG but noticable. I had to chuckle after that. Glad supper is safe!

So.........I think us late flingers are gonna rock the contest. We want to complete our kits sooooo bad :) Mine sits in our bedroom (yes, my husband is very tolerant) and it won't stop SCREAMING......'finish making me an _________ ____!' I LOVE it that my blank blank decided to make up its mind.

• Like 1

Well I haven't been able to work on my fling for a couple of weeks now either, we got a pool for the kids and took most of this week leveling out and setting up for that, last week it was a fund raiser my daughter was doing to help for a mission trip she is taking to Haiti in November. Glad to be dne with both! Hoping to work on my fling today, I keep hearing little cries in the corner about being abandoned. :(

Well I had just finished wallpapering the SF around mid-day today, and it suddenly occurred to me whose house this is! :p So now I am bashing my previous bash and of course re-wallpapering... One step forward and two steps back, though at least now I know what this house has to look like now (which is a good thing)...

the dry fit is all done and i really like how its coming together. i have a few problems trying to work out how to do one bit, but i think i have it now.

so I'm ready to stick it all together and decorate. 1 question Do i decorate then put together or put together then decorate or will it be a bit of both?

happy flinging everyone.

Back from holidays and flinging to the max - I have such a lot still to do. It doesn't matter how much time they give us I'm sure that a bunch of us will be struggling to finish by the deadline.

Spent yesterday doing some of the exterior work and today I'm planning to do the floor. I'll be using tiles for the main building - haven't decided on what to use for the ******* yet. The ********* isn't even started.

Having a bit of a problem fitting the ************* to the *********** - it may need a bit of brute force and I need to trim the roof sections - AGAIN - sigh. I bet loads of you are way past this stage and having great fun decorating and making accessories. I'm doing the roof with ************ and am hoping that supplies arrive today.

I have made a few internal accessiories - lots still to do but here's another teaser pic - haven't done enough of the build to show a more interesting one yet. Looking forward to seeing some of your teasers too.

post-4015-0-69774300-1339663081_thumb.jp

Holy Moly Jo...whatcha up to there? It's b-e-a-U-tiful, that's for sure! LOVE the colors! :bear:

I haven't worked on mine for last couple of weeks (sigh)....but have been enjoying the gorgeous weather we are having here. I also have been trying to finish up 'weather-proofing' the Marquam Hill Manor I buzzed in half (gasp!) last year so I can get it out on my deck. Have been having a bit of an issue with the plastic roofing 'sticking' in hot sun...it tends to bubble up in the heat, so I am reattaching with LocTite Power Grab and that seems to be holding better. Sure is a MESSY process though. Whole thing may last for 10 years..or 10 minutes..who knows! LOL It's an experiment, for sure. Thanking the heavens for spray on polyurethane though. MUCH easier than brushing it on. :D

At any rate, my SF is waiting patiently. I have a lot done, but still have a long way to go to get it finished. The plan is to dig in my heels after vacation early next month and tie up all the loose ends so that I can have most of August to 'fiddle' with photographs (UGH!)

FLING ON, fellow Flingers..FLING ON!

And keep those teaser pics comin'...so enjoy trying to figure out what is goin' on with everyone else's project. What FUN!!