The weirdest thing in your house

KathieB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with either the 7 ft cactus or the graniteware grocery store scale. They always get a reaction from people. when we moved, the movers showed up without the scales and tried to tell me that my husband told them to leave them-fat chance if he values his life! I had to call the company to get them to go back after them.

Some people (who will remain unmentioned) would say that I am the weirdest thing in my house. LOL

I have a freaky wooden bulldog doorstop with glass eyes that stares at you..he is kind of weird. It was my Moms. He is too precious to be a doorstop anymore.

all the light fixtures in my living room are made from old brass instruments. we have 2 clarinet table lamps and a trombone floor light. we have a model train layout the whole length of the dining room. when the cat wants to look out the window we just say that catzilla is walking through Tokyo. im sure i can think of more strange things...

Hmmm... >looking around me< wonder what, ah well I suppose what other people have a second look at are the two bikes we have on stands in the living room, and perhaps the "movie" room as that is almost all black, ie black insulated ceiling, mole black walls and wall to wall carpets as well as heavy linen 6 layers curtains to give the room a movie theater feel... Otherwise the computers, books and DVDs/blue rays are just plain normal everyday stuff :)

Hugs

The only thing out of the ordinary in my house is the 36 in by 30 in rabbit cage, in what would be the dining room. I don't think it is a problem, but some people just look at it and say...You have a bunny that lives in your house?"

I suppose there are people who consider it weird that I have a dollhouse in the Garden Window in my office -- facing the front of the house. (I'll soon be sharing pictures of this in my Gallery)

But maybe the weirdest things in my house are the visitors! :o Miniaturists are artists -- miniaturists don't do "plain" very well at all -- miniaturists are often considered to be very strange people! I haven't read anything in the preceding posts that I would consider "weird" ! :)

Everybody is out of step but us!

You have a bunny that lives in your house?
Why not? It's your furbaby! Our last dog was unusual in that she didn't want to live in the house with us, so she had her own house outside. It really bothered her when we made her come in on cold nights!

Hm... of all the things in our house the weirdest is definitely a stuffed animal - a dolphin about the size of a hand that we have hanging in my tyke's room.

It's not the dolphin itself, but if you look closely it's covered in whiskers. CAT whiskers. It all started about 8 years ago... To demonstrate how sharp the end of a cat whisker is, I found one on the floor and poked it into this stuffed animal. Before long every whisker we found around the house was added to this dolphin. Now he's covered in cat whiskers. I'm sure when people realize they're real cat whiskers they envision us yanking cat whiskers from our cats, but they've just accumulated over the years. Maybe one day I'll use them in a costume...

How's THAT for weird?!?!

OK how bout the 327 engine block and the rest of the parts from my sons jeep that are in the spare room. Along with 7 saddles, his ho scale train he's working on,my scrapbooking desk and the door made into a table we paint on. My doll houses took over the sewing room.

And once in a while the mini horses comes in when the back door is open. :) :o ;)

The weirdest thing I guess in our house is the stuffed Coca-Cola polar Bear that my shih-tzu thinks is her boyfriend....in every sense of the word :) She likes to fight and make up with him quite frequently....

We generally don't touch it...we'll kick it over into a corner to get it out of the way.......but we're afraid she might start going after the throw pillows if we were to toss her "boyfriend" into the trash....

The weirdest thing I guess in our house is the stuffed Coca-Cola polar Bear that my shih-tzu thinks is her boyfriend....in every sense of the word :lol: She likes to fight and make up with him quite frequently....

We generally don't touch it...we'll kick it over into a corner to get it out of the way.......but we're afraid she might start going after the throw pillows if we were to toss her "boyfriend" into the trash....

:D

Some entertaining stories here.

Corwin, I'd say it's right up there with Grandma's artificial hip! :rofl:

Whats so odd about grandmas hip? We have that displayed in a trophie case its a tad marked up what with the reindeer tracks frorm Christmas morning. Such an odd Christmas all the family dressed in black and we can't decide, should we open up her presents or send em back, We were oh so proud of grandpa, he's been taking this so well . . .

Can you guess what my favorite Christmas carol is? :harp:

You all do have some odd stuff in your houses.

Says the lady with a zoo. :horse::fish1::D:dog: :lol: :bear: ;D

I suppose there are people who consider it weird that I have a dollhouse in the Garden Window in my office -- facing the front of the house. (I'll soon be sharing pictures of this in my Gallery)

But maybe the weirdest things in my house are the visitors! :hehe: Miniaturists are artists -- miniaturists don't do "plain" very well at all -- miniaturists are often considered to be very strange people! I haven't read anything in the preceding posts that I would consider "weird" ! :unsure:

Everybody is out of step but us!

I agrre we are not out of step. No one is normal exept for that setting on the dryer!

Depends on who is at my house.

The miniature people think my model horses are weird, the model horse people think the rats and mice are weird and the rat people think the dollhouses are weird. My mother thinks it's all weird - she's still waiting for me to grow up (I'm 52).

Bit I know I'm normal. LMAO

I think that in my house the weirdest thing is my LACK of things. I hardly have anything in this house since Ive gotten rid of thing after thing to make room for my dollhouses. My husband doesnt even think we have a home, but a gallery. He told me the other day that we should do some interior decorating to make the gallery a more effective gallery..lol So yeah, all the dollhouses are pretty weird. Its between that and the creepy five foot porcelain doll in the bedroom which everyone is always creeped out about.