Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

I did almost a mile yesterday. I want to be careful because of my back..and now my ankle is acting up like before.

I did my stretches last night and it feels a little better. Going to do some more today. I have been doing them but not as concentrated as I guess I should.

I did almost a mile yesterday. I want to be careful because of my back..and now my ankle is acting up like before.

I did my stretches last night and it feels a little better. Going to do some more today. I have been doing them but not as concentrated as I guess I should.

Take it easy for a while until things settle down again, Heidi. You don't want to hurt yourself.

After 2 days of not going for a walk, I pulled myself together and went out as usual. Thighs are are starting to feel all this exercise. Also, just spent almost 1-1/2 hours removing old wallpaper, scraping and a lot of sanding on my lodge dh, so my left arm sure got a workout this morning! (I'm a lefty! :) )

My back is better today since the stretches last night and this morning. I will do a wait and see about walking tomorrow. I may go anyway but only walk like 2 miles an hour instead of 3.2.

I do not want to stop but I do not want to hurt myself. So I will just go slower.

It happened yesterday..one of the guys behind the counter waved goodbye to me when we left. That means I am seen as a regular! LOL First time since we started.

I got to the gym with my friend Ruth. We're both night owls, so we went over around 12:30 a.m. and spent all the time in the pool and hot tub.

The exercise was light - just swimming, walking, or otherwise propelling oneself from one end of the pool to the other while we talked. A family member of mine has been making increasingly delusional claims, which I learned about a couple of hours earlier, so I thought that discussing it in my favorite environment while getting a light workout would be good.

I'm not supposed to know about the delusions, so I can't come out and tell the person that they are barking mad. I'll need to be subtle to learn anything.

Ruth thinks the person is just trying to get attention, but it has me quite concerned. I'll probably spend more time at the gym in the water mulling this over while swimming. Water is very soothing to me. :)

Take care, Lynette, and enjoy relaxing in the pool.

My restless legs were not as bad last night, for which I am thankful.

Got my usual walk in this morning. However, with my legs acting up and not knowing why, I'm a bit hesitant to go back to the longer walks or to using the bike also. I know my legs get worse when they are very tired, but they don't let me know until bedtime. Maybe a few days of gentle walking, then I can slowly start to make my walks longer again.

Did not ex. yesterday, spent all day working on websites.

Finished websites today, might add a couple things though, have to think about it.

Did do 30 min of Wii run. It said I did 3.95 miles, but that's a gross overestimate.

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting .... my dad died last Sunday morning. It was very sudden - he had a brain aneurism early Saturday morning. I stayed all last week with my mum, and got home just after midnight last night. I'm still in shock.

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting .... my dad died last Sunday morning. It was very sudden - he had a brain aneurism early Saturday morning. I stayed all last week with my mum, and got home just after midnight last night. I'm still in shock.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Rosalind. Big hugs to you! :lol:

Wasn't feeling very good yesterday - thought I was going to :lol: , so I didn't end up going for a walk.

I was feeling better this morning, so I went for a walk a little while ago - boy was it chilly and windy outside!

I haven't taken a walk for so long - I will try to go for a walk tomorrow. I just find it hard to motivate myself just now.

Take your time, Rosalind. I would guess that you are probably still grieving over the sudden death of your father. Remember to be kind to yourself, and someday you will feel up to going for a walk again. You may even have to give yourself a little push the first few time, but it sounds like you are not ready for that yet.

Take care and know that we are here for you when you need us.

<<<Big Hugs>>>

You're right, Liza. I'm not good for much right now - I'm sort of puttering around the house, not doing anything. All last week I was so busy, helping out with funeral arrangements, cooking meals, making phone calls - and taking them for my mum (who couldn't speak to anyone for the first several days), and reminiscing with the family. Now I'm back in my own house, and I can't seem to get anything done. Tai, Willow and Casey (my cats) are a comfort. I know it will take time - I will not be too hard on myself. I just feel so weirdly not myself, you know?

Sorry to be off-topic, Everyone. No walk today.

Uh..Uh..Uh

Another one bites the dust.

Uh..Uh..Uh

Another one bites the dust.

I think I have lost Donna as an exercise partner. She keeps coming up with excuses as to why she cannot go. Eh. I am not going to fight that one. I will just go in the mornings with Fred.

I think I have lost Donna as an exercise partner. She keeps coming up with excuses as to why she cannot go. Eh. I am not going to fight that one. I will just go in the mornings with Fred.

Good for you, Heidi! Keep at it and to h**k with the others if they don't want to come! You are doing this for you, not them. Although it is nice to have girlfriends with you, it's not essential. Keep up the great work!

I've been feeling pretty crappy/sad today, so I'm not sure if I will get any exercise in or not. Maybe a ride on the bike a bit later.

Went to the Cardio rehab this morning. Another hour and a half of exercise and weight training. Steve and I have both lost another pound, so he is at 189 and I'm 164. Took a DARN long time to get there too!! But I guess it's better to lose it slow and keep it off.

lyn

I think I have caught whatever is going around.

My stomach all of sudden is bugging me and I am reading War and Peace in the bathroom. No gym for me today. :)

Way too tired for exercise today - my DD tucked me back into bed this morning before she had breakfast and I went back to sleep! Was feeling sick on Sunday, now it's just the emotions that are out of sorts.