Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Donna and I are starting back up tomorrow. We have both had health stuff and havent gone. She is in the process of having another round of iron injections.

She will have to take it easy but she wants to get some exercise in.

I want to really start working on this harder. Nat will be joining me when school lets out in a couple weeks. She is so excited. I have to change my membership so that I can bring her with me as a guest.

Didn't get much exercise in yesterday, just walking around the garden centre. DH's allergies were really acting up so we both spent most of the day being really lazy. However, just before supper, the two younger ones and a friend each decided to go swimming in the pool - way too cold for me!

Today it is very windy and cool out there. If you are out for long enough, your hands and ears get very, very cold. I know this because DD and I were standing in the wind waiting for her school bus! Wind was directly from the north. As the bus came, I went for my usual short walk, and am now doing laundry, which is a tremendous feat in itself with 5 of us!

The gym was closed early yesterday so we did not go. We all three had plans and were going to go later in the day. I had the idea to call first and they were about to close for the day.

So today we will get back on the horse.

Had a really crummy day yesterday with lots of little things going wrong, including losing phone, cable and internet for ~2 hours (it was supposed to be much longer according to technical support). I felt so overwhelmed. Still feeling down, so I just don't feel up to any physical activity today.

I went out this morning - it's a brisk one, but I feel better just for having seen the signs of gardens growing, and hearing the birds - they sound so happy, one can't help feeling a bit better! :)

I went out this morning - it's a brisk one, but I feel better just for having seen the signs of gardens growing, and hearing the birds - they sound so happy, one can't help feeling a bit better! :rofl:

Good for you, Rosalind! :)

Donna cannot go with me for at least two weeks. Her dr told her no. They are doubling up her iron treatments. So I will wait for Fred to get up in about an hour and drag him with me this morning.

I do not need someone to go with but I like the company sometimes. Plus it is a good motivator.

I prefer to walk alone - I've set up a 'walking' playlist on my iPod, so my music keeps me company and keeps me from walking too slow.

I'm going to desperately need these threads for the next 3 months... I've signed up for a local version of Biggest Loser (we even get a jersey and backpack). It cost a pretty penny to join, but you do weekend group challenges and I'm so freakin' competitive this seemed like the type of incentive that would keep me on track. Not to mention a top prize of $5,000... about a hundred people have joined so it's not likely to win, but if I lose the weight, I win anyway!! Wish me luck, I'll be begging for encouragement!!

I started last night with 300 calroies burned on the dance mat. Too crummy outside to walk. I hope it's better tonight - if it's only lightly drizzling I may walk anyway.

I prefer to walk alone - I've set up a 'walking' playlist on my iPod, so my music keeps me company and keeps me from walking too slow.

I'm going to desperately need these threads for the next 3 months... I've signed up for a local version of Biggest Loser (we even get a jersey and backpack). It cost a pretty penny to join, but you do weekend group challenges and I'm so freakin' competitive this seemed like the type of incentive that would keep me on track. Not to mention a top prize of $5,000... about a hundred people have joined so it's not likely to win, but if I lose the weight, I win anyway!! Wish me luck, I'll be begging for encouragement!!

I started last night with 300 calroies burned on the dance mat. Too crummy outside to walk. I hope it's better tonight - if it's only lightly drizzling I may walk anyway.

:blink: Go :cheer: Jen :cheer: Go!

Here's the beginning of your cheering section!

We'll be here when you need us. Keep that body moving and you will lose weight!

Jen, you will do it!! Tell yourself that you could win a Greenleaf dollhouse, and then reward yourself with one when you reach your goal. :cheer: What could be more motivating? :blink:

It's a weird day outside - drizzly, and then pouring down for a while, and then drizzly. I'm not sure about going out in it. I've been out in the car, and that was bad enough - don't think I want a soaking today. :cheer:

Hi Everyone,

Finally a little time to myself to write. Steve and I are still going to Cardio 3 times a week. Unfortunately neither of us has lost any more weight since the last time I wrote. In fact, with Memorial Day Weekend, Steve weighed himself Tuesday morning and he had put on 3 pounds. Today he lost that same 3 pounds. Hopefully he won't put it back on.

Our workouts at the Rehab have been increased again. Treadmill is still 30 minutes, but the grade has been upped to 5.0 and the speed is now 3.2 miles an hour. 11 minutes on the rowing machine and 5 minutes on the elliptical. We have increased the weight on some of the weight machines. Always knew my legs were strong but never thought I would be able to lift 60 pounds with my ankles and push 75 pounds with my legs.

Yesterday and today we went looking for a fitness club, to join after Cardio Rehab is over on July 13th. Can't believe the difference in prices for doing the same things we are at Rehab. Most expensive is $160.00 per month for both of us. Other prices are $75 per month for a couple, $54 per month for a couple and the cheapest is $10.00 a month for each of us, at Planet Fitness. Steve wants to go there, because he's cheap. I don't like it there. The machines are so close together that I feel like a sardine in a can! I'd like to stay at the Cardio-Rehab gym. It would be $70.00 a month for a couple. I would feel much better staying there because if, God forbid, Steve had another heart attack, he would be in the perfect place to get help. There is a Doctor and 3 nurses in the gym at all times. Every possible piece of equipment for saving lives is also there. At this point in time I would feel so much safer if we stayed there. If Steve had never had a heart attack I wouldn't care where we went. Of course if this hadn't happened we wouldn't be looking for a gym. Steve couldn't have cared less about working out.

lyn

I went for my walk in the rain yesterday, as usual, but I will not be going today. DD has an overnight camping with guides starting on Saturday, so I have to go buy her what she needs, which may take trips to several stores. That will be enough walking for me!

All casual pants, shorts, sweatshirts have to be navy blue, while t-shirts and socks have to be white. And, of course, the only navy blue pants DD has are the ones she uses for guides each week!

Oh, since it is in French, the group is not Guides anymore, but 'Guides-Amies'. The two organizations had a formal split last year, but are still very similar.

Lyn - a friend of mine goes to Planet Fitness. She likes it but admits that not only are the machines close together, but the entire place is packed most of the time because it IS so cheap. The nice thing about that place is that it's open 24 hours during the weekdays. So if you can find some non-busy hours to go there, it might be worth it. The 3-month challenge I'm in includes a 2-month membership to Gold's Gym. Kind of an intimidating place, but at least they have a women only area. The one by my office is $50 a month, oddly enough the one closer to my house is only $40 a month... must be based on area income or something.

Maybe you could opt for the happy medium between the $70 / mo and the $20 / mo. Weigh all the pros and cons (like having doctors available, hours, amenities, environment etc.) and the choice might be clearer.

I did the 4 mile circuit around the lake on Wendesday, it poured last night so I stuck to the dance mat.

Jen,

My husband works 12 noon until 1AM. Only gives us from 9AM to 11:30AM to exercise. Both Planet Fitnesses here are the craziest later in the afternoon. So maybe it won't be too crowded.

lyn

I got so much exercise at the Guide camp yesterday that it wore me out! Spring cleaning a camp is a lot of work, and our group got to do the inside of one of the buildings. I was in the kitchen washing every single piece of kitchenware as the camp is rarely used during the winter, so I was on my feet for about 5 hours either at the sink or walking around the kitchen to get more stuff or put it to dry or put it away. I can tell you that it was enough exercise and dish washing to last me for a month, but I did it! :giggle:

Ok, so I feel asleep on the drive home from sheer exhaustion.

Back to guide camp to pick up our daughter, but they were running a bit late, so DH and I went for a walk on some of the property. Found some nice cut-up logs that DH is going to try and cut into pieces of wood for furniture for the lodge, and maybe some other houses. Hoping to get a nice slice of maple for the kitchen counters! :giggle:

Then there was one. I am all alone now in the exercising. The two ladies have basically given up already. They do not even mention it. I have even brought it up and they ignore the question.

So I will go by myself. I want to go around 10 am this morning. That is when it is not too busy. My allergies are in check today so I want to get back on the saddle since I have not gone in a couple weeks.

It was a combo of not feeling well and waiting for them and not feeling like going. But I never just gave up on it. So I guess I will be the lone hottie. ROFL!

Well, I did it. I signed up for the black card status at the gym. That means I am locked in for 1 year. After that year, I will be on a month to month like with the white card.

With the black card, I can take Nat or Chelsea with me (or any guest) once a day. I have free tanning (but I will not use that), I can use any of their locations, and the drinks in the coolers are lower (cheaper then going to the store).

I went with Fred this morning. Since I havent gone in awhile and I am having allergy issues, I went slow. I walked 3 miles an hour for 20 mins. That is all for today.

I will bring it back up to what I was at before slowly.

Going to take Nat out to buy a pair of gym pants, good sneakers, and a sports bra. Then she can be my morning gym buddy every day.